Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

I don't get the fetish of signing Marcos Alonso from certain of the forum members :wacko:

I think it has more to do with being shrewd in the transfer market by getting quality bosman players, providing no risk and lots of upside. We are not generally known to be shrewd in the market though, and generally ignore the contract situation of potential targets, so I see where you're coming from.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona will make final attempt to sign Celta forward Nolito (29). Celta don't want loan and rejected including Sandro or Munir. [sport]

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Gimenez' contract runs out in 2 and a half years.
We should use Suarez to get this kid next year.

We can live without a new CB for one more season.

Barcelona will make final attempt to sign Celta forward Nolito (29). Celta don't want loan and rejected including Sandro or Munir. [sport]

No we won't. There is no money for him. Fucking garbage media.
Unless we manage to defer payment, but even then we've deferred too much already, board would have to resign within two years if they did that.

Barça in 2015 : breaking all sorts of records but can't buy superstar nolito from super club celta:lol:

El Flaco

Gimenez' contract runs out in 2 and a half years.
We should use Suarez to get this kid next year.

We can live without a new CB for one more season.

Atleti mostly won't sell him. especially not to us.

Gimenez's expected to be Diego Godín's successor as a leader once the latter decline and become a squad player or leave the club.

khaled_a_d

Gimenez's expected to be Diego Godín's successor as a leader once the latter decline and become a squad player or leave the club.

There is no bad blood between us and Atletico tbh ,if we had the best offer and they felt they have to sell we will get him .
But that is very unlikely unless he rejects a renewal

El Flaco

There is no bad blood between us and Atletico tbh ,if we had the best offer and they felt they have to sell we will get him .
But that is very unlikely unless he rejects a renewal

I don't think there's bad blood between them either, but because they're direct rivals to every competition nowadays.

I hard to find any reason why the Manzanares club would sell him (unless they're forced to if the Uruguayan doesn't renewal his contract as you said).

Gimenez is a very talented defender and has done great for both Atleti and Uruguay.

He'll be recognized as one of the best defenders in the world soon enough.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

They could if he had only a year left on his contract. Which is gist of my post.

Jombi

These Nolito and Denis Suarez links are annoying. Neither of those two are what we need at the moment. Neymar is never going to get benched for Nolito and if Ney gets a serious injury we'll just play Arda there.

barcafan161

These Nolito and Denis Suarez links are annoying. Neither of those two are what we need at the moment. Neymar is never going to get benched for Nolito and if Ney gets a serious injury we'll just play Arda there.

Still Nolito will provide more depth and a guy who can turn a game in a long season with and deep CL and cup run along with the league.

Jombi

Still Nolito will provide more depth and a guy who can turn a game in a long season with and deep CL and cup run along with the league.

I would agree with you if Nolito AT LEAST could play on two positions, but he would be a LF for us through and through. That's Ney's position and Arda can play there too as backup. There is no need for him even if he's great.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I would agree with you if Nolito AT LEAST could play on two positions, but he would be a LF for us through and through. That's Ney's position and Arda can play there too as backup. There is no need for him even if he's great.

Yeah, I'd rather have us sign pure CF as noone can do what Suarez does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans