Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
He wouldn't suit our style of play and would look completely out of sync, apart from the fact that he wouldn't accept to be a substitute anyway.

He'd give us a new option - we need to evolve as we are lagging behind now . Who said he'd be sub for us anyway ... Plus he's supposed to have accented a bench place at Bayern anyways

Alarcón

He'd give us a new option - we need to evolve as we are lagging behind now . Who said he'd be sub for us anyway ... Plus he's supposed to have accented a bench place at Bayern anyways

Of course he'd be a sub, otherwise we'd have to put either of Iniesta and Messi on the bench and that's not gonna happen. He already complained about his role at Bayern 2 or 3 games into the season so he would hardly agree to bench time here.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Don't think there will be anything for us this silly season. But next one there will be a couple of changes:

Song will probably (and hopefully leave) and be replaced by a DM that fits our style better. Ideally a player that could cover DM, CM and play box-box. Than Sergio will probably be loaned.
Tello will probably be loaned or sold - Deloufe will probably come back, otherwise somebody from the outside.
Affelay sold/loaned
Montoya, unsure
A GK obviously
Puyi to retire, a CB cover will be brought or maybe somebody for our starting 11 like Luiz?
A veteran #9?
Monitoring the situations of Denis Suarez, Rafinha and Samper.

As we can see, many possible changes coming up...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless Barca fails this season there won't be any major changes. You can count on that.

There's only so much Tata can do with the players he inherited and having to work around Messi to fit his system. (Not a dig at Messi but everyone knows Messi is cemented as false 9).

F

Flavia

Unless Barca fails this season there won't be any major changes. You can count on that.

There's only so much Tata can do with the players he inherited and having to work around Messi to fit his system. (Not a dig at Messi but everyone knows Messi is cemented as false 9).

I'm not sure about that. In the last games Messi played more like a #10 than a false #9. Creating more than finishing. I think his role has to evolve a bit, to balance his creating and his scoring abilities.

P

Patty2720

I'm not sure about that. In the last games Messi played more like a #10 than a false #9. Creating more than finishing. I think his role has to evolve a bit, to balance his creating and his scoring abilities.
This is exactly why I want Agüero at Barca :)

NeyMesSis

Messi as a playmaker to feed the left and right wingers is Tatas plan B i think.. We are trying it now, because as a false 9 he can do it perfect.. When he can both we are very very deadly in attack..

I

instinct

German press reports that Toni Kroos rejected an offer from Bayern to extend the duration of his contract. I think we should try to sign him. Great passing abilities and very flexible.

Djab

German press reports that Toni Kroos rejected an offer from Bayern to extend the duration of his contract. I think we should try to sign him. Great passing abilities and very flexible.

It's BS.
Or maybe he visited Moyes after Bayern-Gladbach match, and expressed his interest to join United.
He's a goner Bayern fans.
:tata1:

If we can beat United for his signature (which is unlikely), he'll be a very good dictating, holding midfielder for us.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's BS.
Or maybe he visited Moyes after Bayern-Gladbach match, and expressed his interest to join United.
He's a goner Bayern fans.
:tata1:

If we can beat United for his signature (which is unlikely), he'll be a very good dictating, holding midfielder for us.

Holding means CDM, I suppose? In that case, nope. Kroos is a CAM, he can't play CDM.

And I agree, this is complete BS. This is just a tactical move on the part of Kroos and his agent to negotiate for more money. He is vital to Bayern and there is no way they will let him go.

Djab

Holding means CDM, I suppose? In that case, nope. Kroos is a CAM, he can't play CDM.

And I agree, this is complete BS. This is just a tactical move on the part of Kroos and his agent to negotiate for more money. He is vital to Bayern and there is no way they will let him go.

Well I meant to say CM rather than DM.
He is versatile (I think) and can play AM & CM.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Holding is not the same as CDM. CDM is midfielder playing centrally who's main duty is defensive cover. Holding midfielders are more complete and diverse in their duties. For instance, Schweinsteiger is a holding midfielder. Toni Kroos is definitely a holding midfielder. Though he is more offensive oriented than someone like Schweinsteiger, he can still do other aspects of the role very well indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans