Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Holding is not the same as CDM. CDM is midfielder playing centrally who's main duty is defensive cover. Holding midfielders are more complete and diverse in their duties. For instance, Schweinsteiger is a holding midfielder. Toni Kroos is definitely a holding midfielder. Though he is more offensive oriented than someone like Schweinsteiger, he can still do other aspects of the role very well indeed.

Still, Kroos is no Schweinsteiger though. Bastian is an all-rounder, both offensively and defensively, Kroos on the other hand is definitely much more effective offensively than defensively. He has upped his work rate and become better defensively, but he still can't be used as a Schweinsteiger.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Still, Kroos is no Schweinsteiger though. Bastian is an all-rounder, both offensively and defensively, Kroos on the other hand is definitely much more effective offensively than defensively. He has upped his work rate and become better defensively, but he still can't be used as a Schweinsteiger.

Well, Schweinsteiger has 5 years on Kroos, that's significant for a midfielder. I see Kroos as Schweiny's successor. One is definitely more offensive minded than the other, but both have very similar games and both are very very talented. Schweiny might end up being the better player when both their careers are done, but Kroos is not far behind, in talent at least.

Last edited:

El Padrino

Don't think there will be anything for us this silly season. But next one there will be a couple of changes:

Song will probably (and hopefully leave) and be replaced by a DM that fits our style better. Ideally a player that could cover DM, CM and play box-box. Than Sergio will probably be loaned.
Tello will probably be loaned or sold - Deloufe will probably come back, otherwise somebody from the outside.
Affelay sold/loaned
Montoya, unsure
A GK obviously
Puyi to retire, a CB cover will be brought or maybe somebody for our starting 11 like Luiz?
A veteran #9?
Monitoring the situations of Denis Suarez, Rafinha and Samper.

As we can see, many possible changes coming up...

You mean Roberto right, Sergi?

DinhoR10

I'm pretty sure he means Sergio Busquets.

Loan the best lone sweeper in the game? The perfect player for the barca system?

And a couple months back tata stated that Rafinha and Deulo will definitely be back next season (Deulo might be iffy now because of the injury).

KhaledBarca

Unless Barca fails this season there won't be any major changes. You can count on that.

There's only so much Tata can do with the players he inherited and having to work around Messi to fit his system. (Not a dig at Messi but everyone knows Messi is cemented as false 9).

We'll have to buy at least 4 players anyway.

Valdes replacement (probably Ter Stegan)
Pinto's replacement (probably Reina)
Puyol's replacement (?)
CM (I prefer Gundogan)
Deulofeu IN Telo OUT [on loan/ sold]
Rafinha IN Roberto OUT [on loan]
Denis Suarez Out on loan.
Promote: Dongou? Samper?

We'll probably also sell Afellay, Cuenca, Bojan, Oier and maybe Song!

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We'll have to buy at least 4 players anyway.

Valdes replacement (probably Ter Stegan)
Pinto's replacement (probably Reina)
Puyol's replacement (?)
CM (I prefer Gundogan)
Deulofeu IN Telo OUT [on loan/ sold]
Rafinha IN Roberto OUT [on loan]
Denis Suarez Out on loan.
Promote: Dongou? Samper?

We'll probably also sell Afellay, Cuenca, Bojan, Oier and maybe Song!

If we sell Song we need a DM, heck we need a DM even now because imo Song is not up for the task. I've been saying this for some time, find a DM that can also play CM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans