Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interlop

Hey, guys let's agree on something: If Masche goes our priority is a CB that can walk in our starting 11. If not, we can buy Pogba this year + Lemos/Umtiti/other young relatively cheap defender and fix our midfield. And next year, when Masche leaves for free (obviously) for Juve we can reevaluate our CB situation like we always do.

xavi_the_Boss

So is there a fight between the 2 papers Sport and Mundo Deportivo?
Seems like they constantly say the opposite from the other one this Transfer window so far .

F

Flavia

So is there a fight between the 2 papers Sport and Mundo Deportivo?
Seems like they constantly say the opposite from the other one this Transfer window so far .

Yes, it's pretty funny. So far Sport is winning, they got Alves was leaving first, and md denied for a bit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's Madrid BS.

They always say they receive the money paid back through shirt sales while it's impossible lol

Pogba would give Barca more cards to play with when negotiating sponsorship deals though.

Having the two most marketable footballers for the next decade in one team would be very financially rewarding. Now of course, Pogba is a very good player too, so he would contribute to the team's success too.

LordLichtenstein

It's Madrid BS.

They always say they receive the money paid back through shirt sales while it's impossible lol

Pogba would give Barca more cards to play with when negotiating sponsorship deals though.

Having the two most marketable footballers for the next decade in one team would be very financially rewarding. Now of course, Pogba is a very good player too, so he would contribute to the team's success too.

+ Increased shirt sales
+ Increased ticket sales
+ Increased tourist visits
+ Increased "black" fanbase
+ Better sponsorship deals

Oh, and he is OP as fuck in the midfield.

Just sign him already.

Andrew M

Of course, it wont be 200m straight up, it will be lots of incentives and installments but there is zero chance the total price will be the same as Bale or Neymar (who had only a year left on his contract as well), that I am 100% sure of. The money in today's football and in the coming years ensures this is complete fantasy.

If he leaves (in 2017 or whenever) for 200m (obviously instalments) you can definitely call yourself the forum economist or financial prognosticator, but, sadly, I feel your predictions are rooted in fiction. Juve would accept 100m or so when the time is right and when Pogba really wants to go to the right club. (He would prefer Spain I imagine).

George_Costanza

One idea that could work but of course the board will never do it is to sell Neymar to PSG. I do like Neymar but giving his lifestyle and Brazilians track recored after the age of 25, I would sell him now to PSG for money+ Verratti. Then go buy Dybala as his replacement.

xXKonan

Yes, it's pretty funny. So far Sport is winning, they got Alves was leaving first, and md denied for a bit.
Funny the only two dudes I'm trusting this transfer window from either paper are Gerard Romero and Miguel Rico and that's it when it comes to transfers.

It's been said here before but It reads like MD and Sport have no clue what's going on transfer wise and are throwing out names in hopes of it sticking and relying on bogus sources or even none at all when it comes to their articles so far. Lucho and Robert likely managed to cut off a lot of leaks it seems in that regard.

xavi_the_Boss

Funny the only two dudes I'm trusting this transfer window from either paper are Gerard Romero and Miguel Rico and that's it when it comes to transfers.

It's been said here before but It reads like MD and Sport have no clue what's going on transfer wise and are throwing out names in hopes of it sticking and relying on bogus sources or even none at all when it comes to their articles so far. Lucho and Robert likely managed to cut off a lot of leaks it seems in that regard.

tbf the Marquinhos rumour came 1st from Brazil and Aulas already kinda confirmed that there were talks about Umtiti.

zanela

Yep. I remember SPORT getting it right with Vermaelen when MD were running the Agger stories and persistently denying the former. And I have noticed this summer (atleast so far) SPORT have been treading cautiously in their reporting, whilst MD just daily fishing. I don't even open their site anymore, and scroll past all their rumours.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
All the decent and semi decent right fullbacks are being linked to all the clubs except us. Really not going to even try and get someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans