Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

Yes, we should not buy Vietnam. WTF? And you dismissed Umtiti a while ago as far from good enough because he wasnt in the France squad. OK, move along.

please quote me
because I don't even follow Euro NT squads, I wonder how I could have given that commnt

Jombi

please quote me

The search function doesnt work for me. But it is irrelevant anyway. You probably change opinions on a daily basis. Who the hell is Vietnam btw? And please tell us about this great knowledge you have about Lemos so we can get informed.

gasgas

The search function doesnt work for me. But it is irrelevant anyway. You probably change opinions on a daily basis. Who the hell is Vietnam btw? And please tell us about this great knowledge you have about Lemos so we can get informed.

opinions change. players can prove you right/wrong
you think a player's finished, then he has a breakthrough season

so far i 'll take it that all your doubts about me have been answered in this regard
I go for quality over quantity
UCL starting material over bench/squad players
classy player over average

I don't have "great" knowledge about Lemos, again you manage to create something new from literally nothing at all
I haven't watched him as much as people here,but I trust analysts and videos, and for me he isn't good enough to play in our defence, he wouldn't start a UCL match, he wouldn't start a match vs Villarreal, not now, not in 2 years
And since we are going for titles now, then it's either he goes to Barca B (if he has whatever potential they see in him) or he isn't bought.

there are better options, proven players
pay up, or spend the next few seasons fixing the mess of not having bought the right players when they were presented to u

Jombi

opinions change. players can prove you right/wrong
you think a player's finished, then he has a breakthrough season

so far i 'll take it that all your doubts about me have been answered in this regard
I go for quality over quantity
UCL starting material over bench/squad players
classy player over average

I don't have "great" knowledge about Lemos, again you manage to create something new from literally nothing at all
I haven't watched him as much as people here,but I trust analysts and videos, and for me he isn't good enough to play in our defence, he wouldn't start a UCL match, he wouldn't start a match vs Villarreal, not now, not in 2 years
And since we are going for titles now, then it's either he goes to Barca B (if he has whatever potential they see in him) or he isn't bought.

there are better options, proven players
pay up, or spend the next few seasons fixing the mess of not having bought the right players when they were presented to u

Its very suspicious that people dismiss a player as far from good enough, but as soon as the player is linked to Barca a few months later suddenly he becomes good enough. That shows that the original opinion was ill-informed.

So basically it boils down to that you really dont know anything about Lemos, claim he is average, far from good enough, but have never seen the guy play. I havent seen the guy play either and dont know anything about him but I dont go around claiming he isnt good enough. That would be ridiculous.

akaranzo

Guys can we just forget Pogba and Marquinhos already? We're not getting them. PSG is never going to sell Marquinhos to us after we've annoyed them to death for I don't know how long already and Pogba would cost so damn much that it would mean we can't sign anyone else basically. And I see people here suggesting that we pay 50 mil and then 25 for 2 years for him?!? That would be ridiculously bad for us, you do realize how much 25 mil actually is? I think we should focus on getting a good CB this summer, a young back up LB who could also play RB and then a good midfielder. We don't need freaking Pogba and Marquinhos, we're not Real Madrid who will keep stacking cash until the player agrees to join. Let's find players who want to play for Barca and who won't cost us a freaking 100 million.

Jombi

I don't know how long already and Pogba would cost so damn much that it would mean we can't sign anyone else basically. And I see people here suggesting that we pay 50 mil and then 25 for 2 years for him?!? That would be ridiculously bad for us, you do realize how much 25 mil actually is?

Totally agree, we wont be able to sign Pogba's ballsack for that amount. Its just complete pipe dreams.

gasgas

Its very suspicious that people dismiss a player as far from good enough, but as soon as the player is linked to Barca a few months later suddenly he becomes good enough. That shows that the original opinion was ill-informed.

So basically it boils down to that you really dont know anything about Lemos, claim he is average, far from good enough, but have never seen the guy play. I havent seen the guy play either and dont know anything about him but I dont go around claiming he isnt good enough. That would be ridiculous.

it depends with what "good enough" means to you.

for me good enough means I can comfortably start a player in a big game without shitting in my pants over it, we have had times when our first CB was fit, but 2nd and 3rd is either injured or suspended, e.g a time when Song started as CB for us vs Sevilla, or Adriano as CB in el classic
Would I see Lemon playing in their place,
I know where I stand as far as this

for others good enough is, start vs rayo and not contributing to a loss of points

[MENTION=5457]akaranzo[/MENTION]
you do realize that Pogba is a midfielder, and a top 3/5 in the world at that
I think so many players would be willing to play for Barca: fellaini, lukaku, Barry, banega, Christoforo etc if we come knocking
but we are a top club
we have standards. we will be buying a player who we expect to play and in a season or two replace Iniesta, one of the best midfielders ever,
buy a player with no quality, he fails, we are tasked to replace him too, and in the end we spend the same amount as we would have for a single top quality, proven player

quality is expensive,
you want a quality player you gotta pay up

I am not looking forward to seeing our aging players replaced by subpar players year after years.
buy once and you have a player for a decade

Jombi

So dont say they are bad or far from Barca quality when you dont know them at all. Thats ridiculous. Say that you dont know enough about them and prefer someone (you think?) you know and would prefer us to splash huge amounts of money on a 5th choice CB in order to feel safe in the CL.

Lemon and Vietnam. OK, we should not buy Lemon and Vietnam.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
We don't need freaking Pogba and Marquinhos, we're not Real Madrid who will keep stacking cash until the player agrees to join. Let's find players who want to play for Barca and who won't cost us a freaking 100 million.

By that logic, we didn't need Suarez either. 80M for him at that age?! Outrageous. We could've gotten Gameiro from PSG for nothing!

Seriously, though. We are Barca and we need quality players to keep dominating. If we can get Pogba, who is the best midfielder in the world right now, then buy him. It's not even a question. 100M isn't a lot for a player like him in this market that could stay for 10 years and is the 2nd most marketable athlete in the world. You can't just replace an all-time great like Iniesta with a nobody either, or we will suffer. A lot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pogba will stay at Juventus this season. The perfect time would be to sign him next summer. Would also be good for him to get another season in him as the leader of the midfield at Juventus(yes him, not Marchisio who was injured a lot last season).

Icarium

Lifestealer
Lemon and Vietnam :lol: I don't know if it is intentional or spell check or an honest mistake. But it is too damn funny. Nobody is telling to sign them as starters. Just for added depth in defense. Just see how much time Bartra played last season. Good players wont be happy with that and their development also stalls. I dont think we should sign them either. They are too young to be 4th or 5th choice CB's. We should go for options like Blind for that.

gasgas

to continue winning titles we need quality players, not bench players
who in his right mind will have Masche on the bench and play lemos, or Vietnam?
in the end whichever squad player we buy will play less then 10 games a season.
our starters get fatigued, then the usual will follow

buy let's say Pogba, and coach has an option to rest one of Iniesta, Raki, Pogba per game, and then the other guys can chip in a few minutes

short gap measures are expensive, as cheap as they look now.
why? because they will need to be replaced every season or two
buy one Pogba and you have a top midfielder for a decade

you think 100 M is expensive?
well you will see how expensive it is to get a single player who has even 1/4 the quality to put his bum on our bench

we need quality players to win quality trophies,
quality players are expensive

akaranzo

[MENTION=5457]akaranzo[/MENTION]
you do realize that Pogba is a midfielder, and a top 3/5 in the world at that
I think so many players would be willing to play for Barca: fellaini, lukaku, Barry, banega, Christoforo etc if we come knocking
but we are a top club
we have standards. we will be buying a player who we expect to play and in a season or two replace Iniesta, one of the best midfielders ever,
buy a player with no quality, he fails, we are tasked to replace him too, and in the end we spend the same amount as we would have for a single top quality, proven player

quality is expensive,
you want a quality player you gotta pay up

I am not looking forward to seeing our aging players replaced by subpar players year after years.
buy once and you have a player for a decade

But the fact remains that the weakest part of our team right now is the defense, especially now that Dani is gone and Masche could leave as well. This summer we need to splash the cash on a world class CB not Pogba. Iniesta is aging yes, but he won't need to be replaced next season already will he? And next summer we can look into it again but I'm telling you a 100 million for Pogba is too much. He's good but I'm certain we could get a similar player for much cheaper and next summer there will probably be young midfielders on the radar that we don't even know right now.

By that logic, we didn't need Suarez either. 80M for him at that age?! Outrageous. We could've gotten Gameiro from PSG for nothing!

Seriously, though. We are Barca and we need quality players to keep dominating. If we can get Pogba, who is the best midfielder in the world right now, then buy him. It's not even a question. 100M isn't a lot for a player like him in this market that could stay for 10 years and is the 2nd most marketable athlete in the world. You can't just replace an all-time great like Iniesta with a nobody either, or we will suffer. A lot.

The difference with Suarez though was that we just sold Alexis, which made a spot available in the team and gave us money for the transfer. We needed an attacking player immediately. Also other clubs weren't actively chasing Suarez, we were the front runners for him from the beginning. However with our midfield, we currently have Iniesta, Busquets and Rakitic, will Pogba immediately bench one of them? I don't think so, he'd need to start as a squad player and if paid 100 million for him to sit on the bench, can you imagine the outcry? Also pretty much every big club out there is chasing Pogba and like it or not, unless Pogba declares that he wants to play for Barca only, we can't compete with the likes of Real and Chelsea etc. They'll simply offer him more money and he'll go there. We need to spend on a world class CB this summer and next summer we need to focus on the midfield, but I think by then whole new players have appeared on the radar for big clubs and we can get one of them, probably for much cheaper than 100 million...

gasgas

So dont say they are bad or far from Barca quality when you dont know them at all. Thats ridiculous. Say that you dont know enough about them and prefer someone (you think?) you know and would prefer us to splash huge amounts of money on a 5th choice CB in order to feel safe in the CL.

Lemon and Vietnam. OK, we should not buy Lemon and Vietnam.

as I told you,
for me, good enough is player who can start a classico in place of Adriano/Song in the examples I gave

I don't think identifying such players is that hard that I need to watch 70 matches a season, read !million scouting reports
Players that are that good will always be discovered and talked about.
you will always hear and be directed to watch players who are that good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans