Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Whatever you say, we struggle immensely to sell our flops because they are overpaid for their ability. Thats it. We will continue to loan out these players to reduce our wage burden in the absence of any takers, alternatively we will pay out their contract. They will not take a meaningful pay cut so we're stuck with them. Its completely rational and easy to understand if you want to understand.

As is the case with almost every club going that they have players that have been poor and they struggle to get buyers.

It has nothing to do with Barca offering huge wages as you make out and every club is in this situation.

Look at Real loaning out Lucas Silva, Coentrao and letting Khedira go for free. This summer they are looking to probably loan out Kovacic.

I use Real as you like to point to them as a club to admire on transfers etc.

xXKonan

For someone who has no idea at all, is he good?
He's been great for Celta, and Lucho knows him well and can play LB/RB. But Playing for Celta and Barcelona are two different things. He could be our new Adriano though (Prime Adriano) someone who could play RB/LB when needed and that's what Lucho is going for.

xXKonan

he can't be that good to replace Alves if we're only hearing about him now.
I remember awhile back during January, Francisco Aguliar from MD said he was one of the players we Followed over the course of the year.

The thing about Jonny is he's not a "Big" name these days when it comes to Fullbacks. Everyone wants their "Bellerins" "Azpilicueta's" "Aurier's" etc but all three aren't attainable at the moment and would cost a lot of money. (Aurier's case he plays for PSG and you know the story).

Jonny? He's only 22, knows the league and knows Lucho very well. Jonny would at least cost 12 million, and at the moment a better option than Cancelo and Mariano. I mean like I said he isn't a big name but I think he would do a solid Job here.

gasgas

I remember awhile back during January, Francisco Aguliar from MD said he was one of the players we Followed over the course of the year.

The thing about Jonny is he's not a "Big" name these days when it comes to Fullbacks. Everyone wants their "Bellerins" "Azpilicueta's" "Aurier's" etc but all three aren't attainable at the moment and would cost a lot of money. (Aurier's case he plays for PSG and you know the story).

Jonny? He's only 22, knows the league and knows Lucho very well. Jonny would at least cost 12 million, and at the moment a better option than Cancelo and Mariano. I mean like I said he isn't a big name but I think he would do a solid Job here.

the question for me, is solid enough?
when he has to face the world class wingers, can he handle himself
he may handle well a game vs almeria or so
but can he handle say a classico, or a UEFA knockout. won't he get skinned by Marcelo and the likes?

since this is Barca I like thinking this way

xXKonan

the question for me, is solid enough?
when he has to face the world class wingers, can he handle himself
he may handle well a game vs almeria or so
but can he handle say a classico, or a UEFA knockout. won't he get skinned by Marcelo and the likes?

since this is Barca I like thinking this way
Well with Alves gone,We will likely get the chance to see if he can handle it. But I do understand your Concerns in regards if he can be a good starting RB for us.

Jombi

A huge bonus is the fact that he is a LB who can play RB, because a pure LB wont get enough playing time without sulking. But everytime I've seen him, he has been nothing special and Lucho is stubborn and has tunnel vision and refuses to open his mind. It looks like he is is afraid of losing his job any moment and thats why he prefers these players he thinks he knows from La Liga, Celta or Roma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans