Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

abual3bed1

I don't remember him playing rb for Barça B. Pep played even jds as rb, but maybe Bartra could do a good job there.

I know, but thank god he only did it pre-season. for Bartra he'd do a good job. He's fast enough, excellent coverage and of course tall. Plus he's good with the ball on his feet.

G

Gascav

Then we could sell dani buy two cbs and play bartra as Rb. As crazy as it may sound

KhaledBarca

No its not a crazy idea.
Bartra has the qualities that Abidal had.

- Fast.
- Tall.
- Great passing skills.
- Also he's good going forward, when needed.
and off course he's very good when it comes to recovering balls.

He's the player who can make us find the balance in the defense, the balance we had with Abidal in the team!

Alves is 30+, and I think there's a good chance he might leave in the summer if PSG comes with a good offer.
In this case we'll have to buy 2 Center backs [Experienced one + a young one].

Last edited:

barcanuck

No its not a crazy idea.

- Fast.
- Tall.
- Great passing skills.

He's the player who can make us find the balance in the defense, the balance we had with Abidal in the team!

Alves is 30+, and I think there's a good chance he might leave in the summer if PSG comes with a good offer.

Good points, Bartra is the same build and height as Abidal almost to the CM and KG. Would love to see him hold down our right side if Dani doesn't go beast mode on us.

BarçAjax8

No its not a crazy idea.

- Fast.
- Tall.
- Great passing skills.

Thank You!
He has all the attributes that made Abidal great. We cannot keep playing Alba/Alves both and if a good offer comes in for Dani we should let him go.
Bartra - Pique - Benatia - Alba would be a solid back line.

I don't think we can expect more than a GK (because we have no choice) and (hopefully) a CB this upcoming summer. Does anyone know Benatia's contract situation/market value?

Barcilliant

Thank You!
He has all the attributes that made Abidal great. We cannot keep playing Alba/Alves both and if a good offer comes in for Dani we should let him go.
Bartra - Pique - Benatia - Alba would be a solid back line.

I don't think we can expect more than a GK (because we have no choice) and (hopefully) a CB this upcoming summer. Does anyone know Benatia's contract situation/market value?

18 million euros but I suspect he would be sold for at least 25-28 million.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't remember him playing rb for Barça B. Pep played even jds as rb, but maybe Bartra could do a good job there.

Abdul is right, Bartra used to play at RB...I remember him bombing forward for us in Copa Del Rey action under Pep on the right side

PhilS

Abidal was a fine player for Barca, but as a fullback, he contributed very little to the offense. Only Alves' extreme offensive orientation allowed Barca to have the other FB be so defensive. Having a FB/CB combo player on the squad again would add flexibility, but you need to be a very fine offensive player to be the regular FB on this team, especially if Alves leaves. I'm a big Bartra fan, but if he is going to have a second position on this club, I think DM would be more likely than FB. I have never seen him put in a cross, for instance. This is pretty high on the list of essential FB skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans