Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeloBarca

Whos the most talented African CF right now? I like their work ethics, always work hard in games.
Not to sure about Dongue. Doesnt feel "agile" or fast enough and not the tallest either. 1.73 is quite short.

F

Flavia

With Zubi as the director, it'll be hard to make things happen, imo. I can't believe it, but I miss Txiki.

khaled_a_d

With Zubi as the director, it'll be hard to make things happen, imo. I can't believe it, but I miss Txiki.

This man is really underrated ,he has been her for 7 years,sure the Keirson/Henrique/Caceras ( Chygrynskiy & Ibra are on Pep) deals he has done at the end of his tenure was awful,but he is the director who built the team from the scratch and then done a gr8 job rebuilding it again .ppl seems to remember his bad deals only SMH

F

Flavia

This man is really underrated ,he has been her for 7 years,sure the Keirson/Henrique/Caceras ( Chygrynskiy & Ibra are on Pep) deals he has done at the end of his tenure was awful,but he is the director who built the team from the scratch and then done a gr8 job rebuilding it again .ppl seems to remember his bad deals only SMH

Yeah... his work for city is also going very well.

fcbdna

Banned
Whos the most talented African CF right now? I like their work ethics, always work hard in games.
Not to sure about Dongue. Doesnt feel "agile" or fast enough and not the tallest either. 1.73 is quite short.

Funny everyone has forgotten Emmanuel Emenike of FC Spartak Moskva.

SeloBarca

Et'o was the perfect CF for us before whatever happened. Quick, runs in the gaps, shoots on everything and quite good in air.
I miss those days..

PhilS

Et'o was the perfect CF for us before whatever happened. Quick, runs in the gaps, shoots on everything and quite good in air.
I miss those days..

Hm, I'd have to say that Barca CF play has been a bit improved since Eto'o left. Eto'o was very good. But I'd say the 252 goals the little guy who replaced him has scored since Eto'o left has been quite a significant improvement.

KhaledBarca

Barcelona_2014_15.png

This again,

update:
1- depending on Gundogan's fitness [OR Thiago back :p, no idea who could play this role]
2- I would try Bartra at RB, a similar role to Abidal. I think he have the skills to play this role. Would provide the balance we need at the back.

Reasons:
*Alves is 30+.
*Alba and in near future Grimaldo. We already have the players who can play a similar attacking role on the left instead of the right (Alves-Abidal = Bartra-Alba/Grimaldo).
In this case we should buy another CB [young one] or promote Bagnack!

Barca_2014_15.png

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Aubameyang is currently the best African striker most probably but I won't rate him high enough for Barca

i_bleed_blaugrana

IMHO, the necessities are a new GK and CB and it seems like TS is a done deal so now the CB is an absolute must this summer.

As far as the #9, another MF and a defensive fullback, I think we need to make up our minds first about what we are going to do with our youth players first before we make movements in these areas.

I think a big reason why we have been reluctant, especially with the #9 situation is that A) we already have too many forwards in the squad atm and B) not wanting to make another Ibra-sized transfer gaffe. Players like Montoya, Sergi Roberto, Dongou, Bartra, Tello and eventually Deulofeu all find themselves with rather nebulous and ambiguous places on the team.

The problem is the lack of variety. In my opinion, Tello and Sanchez are pretty much the same player while Pedro has very similar attributes to them, except he is a bit more intelligent and better in possession than both. When Deulofeu comes back, that's four players who all do very similar things competing for one spot next season and this lack of variety can hurt us when games don't go our way like they did against Valencia. Out of Tello, Sanchez, Pedro and Deulofeu, I think two should leave to make some more room in the squad for forwards we need.

This sort of problem though will continue to compound itself as more and more youth players begin to break into the team. With Rafa, Denis Suarez and Samper possibly coming in next season into the MF, we need to discern whether or not we are going to truly implement them into the team or not bc if not, we need to be proactive this summer. Time is ticking and the options we need will get picked up if we don't move.

IMO, players like Dongou, Bartra and Sergi really need to get a run of games at the top level to see if they can cut it. Those three players have the potential to be exactly what we need but we need to give them an actual look to see if we need to go into the market at all.

We need decisiveness and a long-term plan to help transition this team into our next evolution. More of the current stagnation will continually push us in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans