Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djab

Spot on i_b_b.
We should let Dongou, Bartra Roberto to perform against top teams to see whether or not they are capable of shining and carrying the team to next generation.

The thing is though Roberto had a lot of oportinities but failed to impress IMO, but he -like the others- deserves the time to show his brilliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fcbdna

Banned
Aubameyang is currently the best African striker most probably but I won't rate him high enough for Barca

Do you even watch other African strikers? Did you watch the CAN? There are a couple of strikers rated higher by CAF than Aubameyang right now. He is just the paciest.
Emenike
Ikechukwu Uche
Jonathan Pitroipa
Youssef Msakni
Benjamin Moukandjo
Amine Chermiti

Jalal

Bartra is a talented player buying a new CB will be to replace puyol, aguero is great for barca or a striker that don't have the role to play as a false 9, just receive the ball and scoring, an option against teams who park the bus.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
anyone who mentions aguero is gonna come to barca is delusional but stranger things have happened in football

Howes

Just spent €83mil on Neymar and look set to spend €600 on stadium redevelopment. I'm not expecting anything more Ter Stegan, and maybe negotionations with Chelsea over David Luiz

F

Flavia

IMHO, the necessities are a new GK and CB and it seems like TS is a done deal so now the CB is an absolute must this summer.

As far as the #9, another MF and a defensive fullback, I think we need to make up our minds first about what we are going to do with our youth players first before we make movements in these areas.

I think a big reason why we have been reluctant, especially with the #9 situation is that A) we already have too many forwards in the squad atm and B) not wanting to make another Ibra-sized transfer gaffe. Players like Montoya, Sergi Roberto, Dongou, Bartra, Tello and eventually Deulofeu all find themselves with rather nebulous and ambiguous places on the team.

The problem is the lack of variety. In my opinion, Tello and Sanchez are pretty much the same player while Pedro has very similar attributes to them, except he is a bit more intelligent and better in possession than both. When Deulofeu comes back, that's four players who all do very similar things competing for one spot next season and this lack of variety can hurt us when games don't go our way like they did against Valencia. Out of Tello, Sanchez, Pedro and Deulofeu, I think two should leave to make some more room in the squad for forwards we need.

This sort of problem though will continue to compound itself as more and more youth players begin to break into the team. With Rafa, Denis Suarez and Samper possibly coming in next season into the MF, we need to discern whether or not we are going to truly implement them into the team or not bc if not, we need to be proactive this summer. Time is ticking and the options we need will get picked up if we don't move.

IMO, players like Dongou, Bartra and Sergi really need to get a run of games at the top level to see if they can cut it. Those three players have the potential to be exactly what we need but we need to give them an actual look to see if we need to go into the market at all.

We need decisiveness and a long-term plan to help transition this team into our next evolution. More of the current stagnation will continually push us in the wrong direction.

Dongou is not ready yet. Barça can't just wait to see if the canteranos will develop... The team really need reinforcements. Bartra I think it's safe to say he will make it, but a cb really has to come. Puyol is not the same and masch is a dm. Sergi Roberto, to me will just be a good squad player. Anyone expecting more from him will be disappointed. Rafinha is more promising. Samper is also too young and raw yet. Best solution is loan some players, and improve the squad. The duo alves/alba right now is not working, and as there's alba, and grimaldo coming up, a defensive rb could be an option. Maybe even Bartra could be tried there, to see if it'd work. And a Larsson type of player would be a great addition. as you said, all of our forwards have similar profiles.

But with Zubi, I won't get my hopes up. Barça have a good squad, but I think zubi and the board overrate some players a bit.

SeloBarca

We need a RB, a GK, a CB and a playmaking CM. Unfortunally that would be to costly, and thers no youthplayers good enough to fill those spots, except Bartra.
Wouldnt be wrong with a forward that actually dared shooting from outside the box either..

G

Gascav

Guys i have a question
Wouldnt you think busquets would be an ideal candidate to replace xavi and then we get a good mobile dm to play the dm role and rotate him with samper until when samper is ready???
The closest person to xavi in terms of passing genius is busquets. Yet he has defensive skills, good pressing and interpretation. Often he is left with too much to cover because the Cms we have a poor defensively. I wish for a stable tall Cb and a tall striker like jackson martinex, to have physique, speed and pressing in our line up
To make this line up work i will put random names
*********************Ter stegen
C.martinez. Pique. bartra. Alba
********************Luiz gustavo
************Busquets
***************************************Cesc/iniesta
**********************Messi. Neymar
***********************Jackson martinez
This line up will kill the opponents in all possible areas. Busquets to rotate with xavi, gustavo with mascherano, martinez with Alexis, pique with the new cb preferably benatia

Djab

Guys i have a question
Wouldnt you think busquets would be an ideal candidate to replace xavi and then we get a good mobile dm to play the dm role and rotate him with samper until when samper is ready???
The closest person to xavi in terms of passing genius is busquets......

As you say we should buy Gustavo, Benatia, J.Martinez, C.Martinez etc.
Well, it's not FM to bid high and collect the player. We are no PSG, City with a sugar daddy owner to inject oil money to our transfer requirements. We recently bought Neymar for nearly €90M, We have a pre-deal presumably with ter Stegen. We are going to restructure Camp Nou with mainly our own funds as the main source. We really can't afford to lose money on someone like Jackson Martinez who Porto want 50M to sell him.

Back to the main point shall we. Busquets is arguably is the best in his role (with ignoring the Valencia clash ). Who can replace him and do more the he does. I really can think of no one. We can have Xavi's succesor in our youth players idk maybe Rafa, Samper, Suarez can do what Xavi is best at.

Last edited:
G

Gascav

I said those were random names just to balance the formation. You could even put our own team players if you want but the point that i am trying to make is.
We need a new Gk now that valdes is leaving, and i believe we have captured ter stegen
We need a more defensive right back, alves is aging and there is no balance with him and alba, and there is an issue of total lack of height and willingness to jump ( alba as short as he is, tries to jump atleast)
We need xavi replacement as he will have even a lesser role
We play teams that crowd the centre and concede flanks to us, we send in crosses to nobody, why not have a good Cf there to take advantage and of our crosses high and low?? Our chances vs atletico madrid were from crosses from wings and our supercup goal was from a cross, any councidence????? That striker should be also fast, a good dribbler too not just a big guy with no foot skills.
We can sell players to generate money, and we have 50m each season for transfers.
Players like song, dos santos, bojan, cuenca, sergi roberto, and even alves are the ones we should sell or loan.

G

Gascav

I wanted to ask who would be the tall, agile, defensive minded RB that is ideal for barca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans