Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasgas

Yeah, have you been seeing the euros? And what Rakitic with freedom can do? Having MSN upfront has its costs. Hard to try to have a discussion when you cling to bs like Rakitic "not being creative". Kante won't do anything, as he is not joining Barça.

i watched the Euros today.
i have seen how he does with freedom on the pitch

Gaudi

Rakitic wasn't bad, but we needed quick players on wings and we had static players. Pjaca instead of Brozovic or Badelj...I really like Pjaca, he has courage, postive attitude...honestly, to stick to the subject of the topic getting him for 15 mill much better than Gamiero!

serghei

Rakitic does some things very well, but other things not so well. It's best that we accept he is a limited player, but he has some strenghts that fit Barcelona very well at this moment in time. Much like Keita used to.

xXKonan

Cl1K2vzWQAA-rnN.jpg

says Marquinhos' entourage thinks time has come for Barça to sign him.

926.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
SPORT doing a Mundo Deportivo when we signed ter Stegen and they kept pushing for Courtois.

^^ Also says Barca have locked in Gabriel Jesus there btw.

xXKonan

SPORT doing a Mundo Deportivo when we signed ter Stegen and they kept pushing for Courtois.

^^ Also says Barca have locked in Gabriel Jesus there btw.
SPORT really never was fully behind Umtiti.

While it's true Gerard Romero did say we were willing to pay 40 Million for Marquinhos in his Sport Article like a month ago, that was really the last time I heard him talk about it. MD started the Umtiti stuff and over time other reliable Catalan Journalists started to Chime in and they heard the same thing that we made Umtiti our primary CB target and last week Xavi Campos and Miguel Rico reported it was done and we will play over 30 Million for him.

Sport despite getting the Alves,Suarez,Mascherano problems spot on, in this case I feel like they were never behind Umtiti and seem to prefer Marquinhos over him. But with guys like Miguel Rico, and Polo reporting the Gabriel jesus, stuff at MD, I do believe Sport's articles on him have a lot more weight to them now.

xXKonan

I remember reading awhile back SPORT at times gets paid by player agents to "Advertise" their client and link Barca's name with them.

This was the case with Aymen Abdennour,last year. Sport ran a couple of covers on him about "wanting to join Barca" and the Club was considering buying him! but it turns out it was pretty much a ruse and we were never considering to sign him. It was a case of his agent trying to get Abdennour, a better deal with some of the clubs he was in real talks with.

in this case however it seems like SPORT prefers Marquinhos, over any other young CB we were following and likely to sign (Umtiti) and making a big stink about it. Marquinhos, was obviously one of our potential targets along with Laporte,Stones,Giminez,Umtiti etc. But at this point it's probably easier trying to convince a brick wall to move than negotiating with PSG for Marquinhos.

It's probably clear we moved on already and signed Umtiti (or close to) but Sport is trying to keep the dream alive.

Professor Chaos

Marquinhos will be at least €50M if PSG would like to sell. But that's not gonna happen. Better for us. Let's stick to Umtiti and Lemos as CB transfers.

Trickykid

I don't recall having ever seen Lemos play, so I'm pretty indifferent on that account. If Lucho and Robert rate him, though, by all means go ahead.
Even though he'd be a fine fit, I'm more scared that Barto has blown half our budget on Gameiro...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans