Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Reading the Fullback article. By Fernando Polo (Very Reliable) and Angel Perez.

From what I make of it, the Technical staff thinks the Mathieu at LB experiment is no longer an Option now due to Mathieu's age and recent knee surgery. They also raised the issue of perhaps having Umtiti, Filling in at LB for Alba, but they staff thinks Umtiti would be way to defensive to play as a Barcelona style LB.

So they're looking for a Fullback that can not only play on the Left hand side but also as a RB as well.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...03/402927035528/el-barca-busca-carrilero.html

Please let this be true. We need one more solid full back without doubt.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Robert, Lucho.

Do the right thing and sign De Sciglio.

You'll get a RB, LB and heck even a potential CB in one player.

xXKonan

MD also reported more in regards to Andre Gomes.

Using Google translate (Sorry).

The club designs steps to try signing André Gomes , an operation input is assumed complex by the investment required , and competition from other clubs. The Portuguese international midfielder Valencia, who later this month will turn 23, has been the subject of extensive monitoring and convinced Barca technicians. According to the plan established, it is chronologically the first player to achieve conformity, which has interesting offers on the table as the Manchester United and Juventus .

That's one of the reasons for the difficulty of a signing that like both the Barca technical secretary, Robert Fernandez as coach, Luis Enrique . In addition, from July 1 the termination clause of André Gomes in Valencia has doubled from 65 million euros to 120 today, but from Mestalla it is noted that the club with 65 kilos start talking. The idea of Barca would raise the inclusion of players who know interesting for Valencia to clearly lower this threshold, as madiapunta Croatian Alen Halilovic or extreme Cristian Tello .

As MD reported, the club is clear that the financial overstrain are dedicated only to keep the cracks of the template, so you have in the squad Sergi Samper to the alternative if of André Go month leaves mother. Samper has place in the first team, unless a luxury reinforcement comes to the wide area

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo.../el-primer-objetivo-el-ok-de-andre-gomes.html

Yeah it will be a difficult one to pull off.

Messi983

MD front cover.

the players that could replace Adriano.

De Scigilo,Darmian,Fabian Johnson and Wendell.

I like that we are looking at FB options but not too excited about any of the mentioned names. Italians usually don't work in La Liga, I don't think Johnson is good enough and Wendell is too expensive (and Madrid fan) for a backup. I'd still prefer someone like Jonny Castro or maybe even Azpilicueta if Conte doesn't count on him. Both of them can cover RB/LB.

serghei

Every 23 years old you're gonna sign will start as a back-up at Barca, but Andre Gomes and De Sciglio are actually players that could form the new Barca team 2-3 years down the line, while also helping us until then.

I for one am happy we're starting to rejuvenate the squad at all levels. The names being mentioned are a step in the right direction imo. Pretty solid options with Umtiti (signed), Jesus, Andre Gomes, De Sciglio. These young players have all the conditions at Barca, surrounded by top players left and right and being part of a healthy environment for succeeding at the highest level in european football.

Jesus is too raw, needs playing time somewhere else, but the rest are exactly the right age, 23 years old and already having played plenty of games for good teams like Valencia, Lyon or Milan.

Isn't this what we wanted in the first place?

Icarium

Lifestealer
I would be very happy with signing Andre Gomas, Umtiti, Sciglio, Gabriel or some other forward in the same window. But it will cost almost 100M to sign them all. 30M short of our budget including sales. But barto did say we can use next year budget if needed.

GK: Bravo/Mats
LB: Alba/Sciglio/Umtiti
CB: Pique/Masche/Umtiti/Mathieu
RB: Sciglio/Roberto/Vidal
CDM: Busi/Roberto
CM: Iniesta/Rakitic/Gomes/Rafinha/Arda/Roberto/Denis

MSN forward with backup of young forward.

Our transfer costs will be like:
Umiti - 25M
Sciglio - 20M
Gomes - 35M + Halilovic
Jesus or any other forward - 20M+

A total of over 100M. Anyway I am all up for Andre Gomes only if we have given up on Arda. If lucho does consider Arda among his plans then we don't need Gomes this season. Rafinha, Roberto and Denis are also waiting to get minutes in midfield. I would rather give them chances than sign Gomes.

What my concern is we will not sign another fullback and waste money on Jesus and Gabriel.

Professor Chaos

Gomes has 120M buyout clause. Valencia will start talks around 60M. Azpilicueta/De Sciglio and Ben Yedder should be in our range this season. Gomes only if we would sell Turan for 30M.

JamDav1982

Gomes is a good player but he is slow and not great defensively.

Barcas midfield is already chronically slow and teams exposed that last season especially at times the front three were off form and needed more from them.

Chong Li

We certainly don't have 30+M to spend on a backup midfielder after we wasted 40M on Arda last year.

I like the idea of signing Di Sciglio and a FW. After that there won't be any money left.

SeloBarca

Gomes is a good player but he is slow and not great defensively.

Barcas midfield is already chronically slow and teams exposed that last season especially at times the front three were off form and needed more from them.

Agree. In Barcelona You either have to be quick in mind, making quick decisions, like Xavi did. Or be quick on your feet, like Iniesta.
Except for Iniesta, the other midfielders are quite slow, and to slow in decisionmaking. Turan is probably the slowest.
I dont know why people want Andre Gomes, hes quite slow, and hes even more offensive then the rest.
We already tried having a very offensive midfielder in Fabregas, and that didnt work to well.

Iniesta/Rakitic/Rafinha/Arda/Roberto/Denis ar all the same playerstyle, all AMs.
Please get a passing CM instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans