Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

It doesnt seem like Lucho care at all about the long term financial stability of the club. He got his wish with Arda and Vidal for 60m euros, will we go for Gameiro and make it a total of 100m euros for players with close to zero sell-on value?

Tbf, with the pressure that comes with managing clubs like Barca/Madrid I can understand thinking short term and wanting to win right now. Managers rarely last more than 3-4 years anyway. Fergie and Wenger are exceptions.

Jombi

Sell-on value is way overrated here. We can't even sell 25 yo Bartra or 20 yo Sandro, so why should we look for sell-on value with older players? Get them, play them for 2-3 years, win some titles and that's it.

30 year olds hardly have sell-on value, so I dont know what you are talking about when you say we should "look for sell-on value with older players".

The same arguments on Gameiro were used regarding Arda. "he will be instant impact, who cares about his sell-on value, who cares about his fat 5 year contract, he is world class, proven La Liga player, great deal, important to focus on short term now that Messi is at his best so we can win titles". blablabla.

Jombi

Tbf, with the pressure that comes with managing clubs like Barca/Madrid I can understand thinking short term and wanting to win right now. Managers rarely last more than 3-4 years anyway. Fergie and Wenger are exceptions.

Its the job of the club management to think longer than 6 months or a year ahead.

mazp

Sell-on value is way overrated here. We can't even sell 25 yo Bartra or 20 yo Sandro, so why should we look for sell-on value with older players? Get them, play them for 2-3 years, win some titles and that's it.

Those players are garbage though. Barca had no problems selling Cesc and Sanchez, Pedro.

Alik

So, what's most likely to happen to Mathieu, Vermaelen, and Adriano? Staying or leaving?

I'd like Mathieu to stay, I'd sell Vermaelen for a good offer, and I'd give Adriano away for free.

Nucky

better than Andre Gomez shit

Actually Gomez,Gameiro or Nolito are the same shit.. Well Gomez is a little younger but still too expensive for a back up.. Gameiro and Nolito are on the same level, it's just the price that is different.. Paying 30m for a back up striker is a lot of money, specially for a 29 year old..

George_Costanza

don't matter the age if the buying clubs barely see those players playing football to make an assesment.

Co0ter

30 year olds hardly have sell-on value, so I dont know what you are talking about when you say we should "look for sell-on value with older players".

The same arguments on Gameiro were used regarding Arda. "he will be instant impact, who cares about his sell-on value, who cares about his fat 5 year contract, he is world class, proven La Liga player, great deal, important to focus on short term now that Messi is at his best so we can win titles". blablabla.

Messi has been the difference maker for most of our titles. The part about signing SOME players to make an instant impact (insert: see Luis Suarez) is very true. That mentality won us a treble that year. I don't think we would of won it if we had signed Icardi, Vietto or whatever fotm young striker was around.

Arda could of been a good signing, but he himself failed us. We thought we were getting ferocious Arda from AM..instead we got fat, lazy Arda who showed not a single inch of heart he had shown in previous seasons. Was he technically what we needed in the midfield? Maybe not either, but any player that shows that kind of desire to win like Arda in the past and Suarez is usually a good influence on the team.

The price wasn't Arda's fault, you can blame Barto for that.

We could of went for one younger CB instead of Vermaelen at the time, would of saved us 10-15mil I guess. Other than that I have been happy with Suarez and Mathieu our two older players we signed. Same with Bravo.

The time to buy some other young players is now. Sell Arda, buy a young promising CM and striker (Gabriel Jesus) along with the signing of Umtiti and we are in great shape. Perhaps a young LB who can play RB as well.

Last edited:

Co0ter

It doesnt seem like Lucho care at all about the long term financial stability of the club. He got his wish with Arda and Vidal for 60m euros, will we go for Gameiro and make it a total of 100m euros for players with close to zero sell-on value?

No idea why we paid 18mil for Vidal. He was a nobody with barely any RB experience. Another team would sign him for 4-5mil. Gameiro is another shit signing for 30mil. At 40mil I'd tell Sevilla to stfu. At 30mil I'd say, you mean 3mil, right?

Jombi

Messi has been the difference maker for most of our titles. The part about signing SOME players to make an instant impact (insert: see Luis Suarez) is very true. That mentality won us a treble that year. I don't think we would of won it if we had signed Icardi, Vietto or whatever fotm young striker was around.

Arda could of been a good signing, but he himself failed us. We thought we were getting ferocious Arda from AM..instead we got fat, lazy Arda who showed not a single inch of heart he had shown in previous seasons. Was he technically what we needed in the midfield? Maybe not either, but any player that shows that kind of desire to win like Arda in the past and Suarez is usually a good influence on the team.

The price wasn't Arda's fault, you can blame Barto for that.

We could of went for one younger CB instead of Vermaelen at the time, would of saved us 10-15mil I guess. Other than that I have been happy with Suarez and Mathieu our two older players we signed. Same with Bravo.

The time to buy some other young players is now. Sell Arda, buy a young promising CM and striker (Gabriel Jesus) along with the signing of Umtiti and we are in great shape. Perhaps a young LB who can play RB as well.

Luis Suarez is obviously a completely different beast. He was 27 and was world class for many years. Cant say the same about players like Arda and Gameiro. They're far below Suarez' level, always has been. I agree with you that Gabriel Jesus, a versatile full back and perhaps a CM would be ideal.

xXKonan

CnCf0G6WAAACPXD.jpg:large

Looks like Robert and Lucho will meet again and talk more about transfers.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would be nice to complete all the signings in time for the first pre-season game against Celtic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans