Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

Reading the Tidbits a bit if I under stand correctly.

-We will get a young striker because Gamerio is to expensive

-We are still considering? Andre Gomes.

-A Left back is needed to rest Alba.

-Their will be some "Casualties" in order for new players to arrive. which means Adriano,Douglas,Verm and perhaps even Arda will likely leave. (but arda will likely stay I think). From what I understand from the tidbits (not sure about the andre gomes one though).

F

Flavia

Reading the Tidbits a bit if I under stand correctly.

-We will get a young striker because Gamerio is to expensive

-We are still considering? Andre Gomes.

-A Left back is needed to rest Alba.

-Their will be some "Casualties" in order for new players to arrive. which means Adriano,Douglas,Verm and perhaps even Arda will likely leave. (but arda will likely stay I think). From what I understand from the tidbits (not sure about the andre gomes one though).

Yep, all correct. The andre gomes bit say that "if he comes he'll consolidate the midfield and give options". There's also a line saying that if one of mats or bravo are sold, a gk will need to be signed.

KingLeo10

MSN's motivation is not the biggest problem in my opinion, it's their willingness to accept rotations/ bench time provided we do sign some capable people (carrassco comes to mind). also while the copa del rey in recent years has been a major trophy with real and atletico having strong teams, i think lucho shouldn't go all out in these games. they add too much game time in jan and feb and leave us exhausted in the months that really matter.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Carrasco is a pipe dream IMO. I doubt we'll sign him for 40m, even though it would look formidable on paper. I think MSN will accept rotation if there's a good option on the bench. Last season there was not. Munir need to go out on a loan.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we sell Arda then we can go for Carrasco and make Denis a midfielder. Otherwise we don't need him. We need a no. 9. Plus we don't have enough budget to go for Carrasco, a no.9 and a full back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we sell Arda then we can go for Carrasco and make Denis a midfielder. Otherwise we don't need him. We need a no. 9. Plus we don't have enough budget to go for Carrasco, a no.9 and a full back.

The rumor was that Lucho sees Carrasco as someone who can take up all three positions up front. So it'll be Carrasco and a full back. Still going over budget, but I doubt the budget is so tight that they won't use more funds if necessary.

Robert already said at the press conference a few weeks ago that if he gets all the signings he wants, we will go over budget which is reportedly at 68m.

Icarium

Lifestealer
The rumor was that Lucho sees Carrasco as someone who can take up all three positions up front. So it'll be Carrasco and a full back. Still going over budget, but I doubt the budget is so tight that they won't use more funds if necessary.

Robert already said at the press conference a few weeks ago that if he gets all the signings he wants, we will go over budget which is reportedly at 68m.

Signing only Carrasco for forward options is not exactly a great idea. Especially when you have Denis and Rafinha who can do exactly the same. We need a classic no. 9 who can replace Suarez when needed. I don't want to see messi centrally again that too up front even less.

If Lucho really wants Carrasco, then sell Arda Vermalen and Adriano for 30M and sign Carrasco, a no. 9 and a full back.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
I liked Joao Mario yesterday. How's he been for his club? I heard Inter are rumored to want him but his buyout is 50m €.

gregorrin10

Signing only Carrasco for forward options is not exactly a great idea. Especially when you have Denis and Rafinha who can do exactly the same. We need a classic no. 9 who can replace Suarez when needed. I don't want to see messi centrally again that too up front even less.

If Lucho really wants Carrasco, then sell Arda Vermalen and Adriano for 30M and sign Carrasco, a no. 9 and a full back.

Perfectly said. We need a real replacement for Luisito. Right now, there's only Munir, but even he is more comfortable on the wings. And i feel it would actually be better for him to go on loan for this season anyway, which will be acceptable if we buy a striker. As for Carrasco, i know they are saying Lucho would consider him for all three attacking positions, but the truth is, i just don't see Carrasco cutting it at ST, and i would hate to see Messi being moved back in the middle even more. Carrasco is exactly the same type of player as Denis, Rafinha and Arda for that matter, are. Even though Carrasco would be an upgrade, that doesn't change the fact that they can all play properly only as Iniesta's (more attacking CM) alternative or as a wing, but with Messi and Neymar there i don't exactly see a lot of minutes for them there anyway. Maybe for Denis, who i think can be at least a semi-adequate replacement for Iniesta and/or Neymar right now, while Rafinha is more a wild card with his fair share of injuries, he might find it difficult to become consistent, but he has also shown last season before the injury, that he can be a great asset to the team, when fit, especially since Lucho seems to like and trust him a lot.

Not to mention i just don't see Atletico selling Carrasco, since he seems to have Simeone's trust and is on course to eventually becoming a member of their starting 11. While for Vietto, it's a totally different story. Chokeizmann :D is untouchable in their team right now, not to mention both him and Torres also just extended their contracts, plus Correa seems to be having a lot more of Simeone's trust than Vietto AND if the reports are true, they are also looking to buy Gameiro too, meaning they don't exactly count on Vietto, who didn't play much even last season. Anyway, i don't see Atletico selling us both Carrasco and Vietto, but out of the two, i think we have a better chance of going after Vietto than we have at Carrasco, plus we need Vietto's type of player more and he is cheaper as well.

As for the rest, I would love it even more if we put out trust in the youth and just sell Arda, accept our losses now that he's still worth something, get like 30M, plus 10M for Vermaelen and 3-4M for Adriano and Douglas. That way we would have over a 100M transfer kitty. We could easily get Vietto and a full back (De Sciglio my personal favourite, or Azpi wouldn't be bad too) this summer. As for Arda, i wouldn't buy an immediate replacement right away. We already have that in Denis and Rafinha. That would also get Samper to stay. We could see if he can cut it here. If he does, we get a proper new midfielder for free, if not we can always loan him out next summer and then buy a new CM. Also, we would have some balance in the CM positions, with Roberto (when he's not playing RB, which he wouldn't have to so often anymore with the acquisiton of a full back) and Samper being Raki's alternatives (RCM), while Denis and Rafinha being Iniesta's (LCM) and possibly Neymar's (Denis) and Messi's (Rafinha). While Samper can of course also play CDM versus easier opponents, where we don't need Busquets. So all four CM alternatives would also have their 2nd position to play, so they would surely get enough minutes either way. Being linked right to this whole point, with this exact moves, we would have a little extra transfer money left (let's say 50 or 60M, since 40M (20+20) would go for Vietto and a full back this summer) for next summer if and when needed.

Time to start thinking about the future. We started this summer promising with Denis and Umtiti, who can be, if we're lucky, considered as eventual heirs to ageing Iniesta and Mascherano, but with Vietto and Samper, plus removing some of the dead (old) weight in Adriano, Vermaelen, Arda and Douglas, i think we would make a killing in terms of rejuvenating the squad this summer. And we could actually start planning properly for the next 5 years, when Iniesta and Mascherano will be gone, while Messi, Suarez, Pique and Rakitič will also be in their twilight years. For that i would eventually love me some Verratti and Dybala of course, but that's debate (and dream :p) for another day. Although that extra 50-60M that i mentioned earlier, could come in mighty handy in this case. :rockon:

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Perfectly said. We need a real replacement for Luisito. Right now, there's only Munir, but even he is more comfortable on the wings. And i feel it would be best for him to go on loan for this season anyway. While Carrasco is exactly the same type of player as Denis, Rafinha and Arda for that matter, are. They can all play as Iniesta's (more attacking CM) alternative or as a wing, but with Messi and Neymar there i don't exactly see a lot of minutes for them there anyway. Maybe for Denis, who i think can be at least a semi-adequate replacement for Iniesta and/or Neymar right now, while Rafinha is more a wild card with his fair share of injuries, he might find it difficult to become consistent, but he has also shown last season before the injury, that he can be a great asset to the team, when fit, especially since Lucho seems to like and trust him a lot.

However, i would love it even more if we put out trust in the youth and just sell Arda, get at least 30M, plus 10M for Vermaelen and 3-4M for Adriano and Douglas. That way we would have over a 100M transfer kitty. We could easily get Vietto and a full back (De Sciglio my personal favourite, or Azpi wouldn't be bad too) this summer. As for Arda, i wouldn't buy an immediate replacement right away. We already have that in Denis and Rafinha. That would also get Samper to stay. We could see if he can cut it here. If he does, we get a proper new midfielder for free, if not we can always loan him out next summer and then buy a new CM. Also, we would have some balance in the CM positions, with Roberto (when he's not playing RB, which he wouldn't have to so often anymore with the acquisiton of a full back) and Samper being Raki's alternatives (RCM), while Denis and Rafinha being Iniesta's (LCM) and possibly Neymar (Denis) and Messi (Rafinha). While Samper can of course also play CDM versus easier opponents, where we don't need Busquets. So all four CM alternatives would also have their 2nd position to play, so they would surely get enough minutes either way. Being linked right to this whole point, with this exact moves, we would have a little extra transfer money left (let's say 50 or 60M, since 40M (20+20) would go for Vietto and a full back this summer) for next summer if and when needed.

Time to start thinking about the future. We started well with Denis and Umtiti, but with Vietto and Samper, plus removing some of the dead (old) weight in Adriano, Vermaelen, Arda and Douglas, i think we would make a killing this year in terms of rejuvenating the squad this summer. And we could actually start planning properly for the next 5 years, when Iniesta and Mascherano will be gone, while Messi, Suarez, Pique and Rakitič will also be in their twilight years. For that i would eventually love me some Verratti and Dybala of course, but that's debate (and dream :p) for another day.

Yes we really need to start looking at the future. Not signing Gameiro would be a good start, we really can't afford to waste 40M on another player who is about to touch 30's. It will become really hard to rebuild the squad, with the lack of rich owners barca will really struggle post messi era and could easily end up like Milan and Liverpool. Need to start planning well, Neymar is a good direction but the shitstorm he bought is unreal.

Back to the topic, yes I don't mind a midfield reserve of Roberto, Rafinha, Denis and Samper. 3 of them from La Masia and one from Barca B. They are more talented than Munir and Sandro and I am quite sure it won't end up a disaster at least I hope. Roberto and Denis has already proven enough to be on the squad. Rafinha sure has some skills and hope Lucho gets the best out of it, he adds some creativity and flair in the midfield. Samper I have no idea how he will turn out to be, he was hailed as one of the most talented midfielders to come out of La Masia but all that hype seems to fade. If we are selling Arda we should keep Samper on the squad and see what he can offer before loaning him out.

Coming to the other areas, I am not sure about Vietto actually. He was quite good at Villarreal but always was the last choice in Simeone's team. So I am a little worried if he can be the sub for MSN. Azpilicueta would be a good signing, a very good signing. De Sciglio is good but is injury prone, so not sure if he can offer much. 20M for Azpi would be a great deal. To go with just Vidal and Roberto is a real gamble I don't want to take. Both of them are not natural full backs if you ask me. If we are selling Adriano we would a replacement anyway. I hope the board and Lucho understands this. I really don't mind us not signing another midfielder, but a full back is a must.

Coming to the numbers our initial transfer budget was 60M which increased to 68M after Bartra's sale. After Denis and Umtiti signings we are left with 40M. If we can sell Arda, Vermalen and Adriano for 35-40M we will have a warchest of 75M at least to improve the squad. Full back and a no. 9 would cost in the range of 40-50M. That leaves us with 30M still, either we keep it for next season or go for players like gomes or Carrasco. That will be a luxary signing. But a full back and a forward is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans