Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorrin10

Cant count Denis and Marlon. Denis was just a fancy loan where he was recalled and Marlon is a Barca B signing.

Please stop...if you'd actually watch some of Denis's performances last season with Villareal, you would quickly stop talking nonsense and actually acknowledge his signing as legitimate one for the team. Doesn't matter, hopefully he'll show you and everyone else that you're wrong about him. And just because his name ain't Pogba or Coutinho, that doesn't mean he's a shit signing or even doesn't count as one. Remember, you were all ready to give up and sell Roberto basically for pocket change less than a year ago and we saw how that turned out :p

Last edited:

Xavinho

Cant count Denis and Marlon. Denis was just a fancy loan where he was recalled and Marlon is a Barca B signing.

I can absolutely count them, and just did. They were both brought to the club this transfer window, and I rate them both as players with a lot of potential. I hope to see more signings like them, and less like Arda and Vermaelen.

Jombi

Please stop...if you'd actually watch some of Denis's performances last season with Villareal, you would quickly stop talking nonsense and actually acknowledge his signing as legitimate one for the team. Doesn't matter, hopefully he'll show you and everyone else that you're wrong about him. And just because his name ain't Pogba or Coutinho, that doesn't mean he's a shit signing or even doesn't count as one. Remember, you were all ready to give up and sell Roberto basically for pocket change less than a year ago and we saw how that turned out :p

I said when we signed Arda that Roberto is a better player than Arda when this was very unpopular in here.

I said nothing about Denis' abilities, but Denis was just recalled from a fancy loan which we paid for. By this logic, we have also signed Song this window since he's returning as well.

Last edited:

God Serena

What's up with not signing a player who can play both LB and RB? Wasnt that the plan? I dont see the point in buying a LB that will play 10 games max and request a transfer at the end of the season.

Bruno Peres from Torino or Ricardo Pereira from Nice/Porto should be where the smart money goes.

Mathieu, Adriano, and Roberto combined to have a LOT more than 10 games last season. If anything I'd say the LB spot is the place where we've most desperately needed a backup since Abidal left.

A player who can truly play LB and RB is pretty rare, especially at the level required to play for Barca.

God Serena

Your reading comprehension completely failed you here. She said nothing at all about his quality, you're talking nonsense.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Our transfer policy is so bad, our current team is still good but the way we have managed things we will not be a top three team in a couple of years time. The other top clubs have done smart business.

I think we have maybe one cl left with this group before a major transition phase.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
FFS mate,do you try to look for the downside of everything?:lol:
If anything Gameiro opens the door for Gabriel Jesus,the kid won't come this season.already promised his club he will end the season in Brazil which ends with calendar year.And could even stay more in Brazil or somewhere else to develop and not stagnate behind MSN
He is a long term target and the process could take long,we were after Neymar since the en of 2011 and we got him in 2013,embrace yourself for something similar with Gabriel.
Our front line can't wait for that long.we need someone that can make an impact now.Gameiro is a perfect fit who will immediately make an impact,perfect fit for the team,but soon will leave his place for the young and upcoming Gabriel.
For 20M I think Gameiro is a perfect fit.But Sevilla are ruinning the plan with their demands.
I would worry more if we get Vietto,he is also young but doesn't have same potential as Gabriel and not good enough for instant impact as Gameiro.He has gr8 resale value tbf

Sorry khaled, this makes no sense at all. Getting Gameiro opens the door for Gabriel Jesus? How? If Gameiro comes I doubt we would even be going after Gabriel Jesus because both are forwards, and sub for MSN. Also, you made it sound like Gabriel Jesus is definitely joining us and we can just safely let him stay in Brazil. That is nonsense. The longer we wait, the bigger the chances of another club coming and snatching him, for example Real Madrid.

Of course, it is a balance of what is considered more important. Yes MSN needs a sub should one of them get injured, but to me I think getting Gabriel Jesus is more important for our club's future so I am willing to let the result this season suffer a bit should the unthinkable happen. It is all about weighing pros and cons and each option and personally I'd go with a long-term solution instead of a short-term solution.

Ahmedd

According to TV3 we signed Lucas Digne ! I'm French and tbh i really don't know if this a great signing.. He might be ok as a sub though

PhilS

I think the team now has the type of flexible squad needed for the next season. I do like it that Umtiti is being touted as both a CB and LFB, especially if the LFB part is really true. I understand that Denis Suarez has played quite a bit on the wing, let's see how he does as backup forward. Another forward could be good, but will be necessary only if the current backups fail.

The main remaining roster problems that I see are players that need to leave: Douglas and Vermaelen, for sure. The Barca way is a small, flexible squad, so that everyone can play enough to retain match sharpness. Any sub good enough to get playing time for Barca needs and deserves to play a sufficient amount.

The interesting battles for positions should be whether Vidal can beat out Sergi Roberto at starting RB. Also, can anyone beat out Sergi Roberto to be the first choice backup at all 3 midfield spots and both fullback spots? Can Munir, Denis Suarez or Rafinha do well enough at forward to convince Lucho to not overplay MSN?

Devils

Umtiti, Suarez and Digne.

Great transfers. :bartomeu:

Leaving the striker for last because it's going to be the best one yet. The anticipation is killing me.

:bartomeu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans