Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Sorry khaled, this makes no sense at all. Getting Gameiro opens the door for Gabriel Jesus? How? If Gameiro comes I doubt we would even be going after Gabriel Jesus because both are forwards, and sub for MSN. Also, you made it sound like Gabriel Jesus is definitely joining us and we can just safely let him stay in Brazil. That is nonsense. The longer we wait, the bigger the chances of another club coming and snatching him, for example Real Madrid.

Of course, it is a balance of what is considered more important. Yes MSN needs a sub should one of them get injured, but to me I think getting Gabriel Jesus is more important for our club's future so I am willing to let the result this season suffer a bit should the unthinkable happen. It is all about weighing pros and cons and each option and personally I'd go with a long-term solution instead of a short-term solution.

We have unmatched connections in Brazil (that many believe it is full of dirty work) that give us huge advantage,Sanllehí was there,Gabriel spoke about his interest to play for Barca and he isn't afraid to compete with MSN,his coach spoke about him joining Barca advising him to wait a year b4 moving to us.we suddenly get a 1st option and 9M buy option for a CB they signed 2 months ago (remember the 7M we paid for 1st option of 3 Santos players in Neymar deal?)
Obviously nothing is definite until papers are signed,but you are just too naive if you don't see the writings on the wall.The kid is our top target from Brazilian market and we are in pole position to get him and no one is even close second
But the kid doesn't want it to happen immediately,he isn't gonna be a part of our current budget and the smart thing to do is to actually wait a couple of years b4 bringing him.otherwise you aren't building for the future .signing young talent isn't gonna be a good future move if you are gonna ruin his career or ain't able to use him.
And the 1st team need a striker immediately ,the smart thing to do is to bring someone who can fill the void for 2 years and don't stand in his way after that.the club can afford to do both.

Pogbizzle

Please stop...if you'd actually watch some of Denis's performances last season with Villareal, you would quickly stop talking nonsense and actually acknowledge his signing as legitimate one for the team. Doesn't matter, hopefully he'll show you and everyone else that you're wrong about him. And just because his name ain't Pogba or Coutinho, that doesn't mean he's a shit signing or even doesn't count as one. Remember, you were all ready to give up and sell Roberto basically for pocket change less than a year ago and we saw how that turned out :p

Denis Suarez is a fancy recall from loan. Accept it. He is a shit signing of the club really thinks this kid is going to fill some sort of hole. He is a solid backup like Sergi Bob.

Need a world class midfielder and Gabriel Jesus to round out a solid transfer season with Umiti.

Pogbizzle

I can absolutely count them, and just did. They were both brought to the club this transfer window, and I rate them both as players with a lot of potential. I hope to see more signings like them, and less like Arda and Vermaelen.

Yes! Less signings like Arda and Vermaelen. But also less "signings" like Denis Suarez please.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have unmatched connections in Brazil (that many believe it is full of dirty work) that give us huge advantage,Sanllehí was there,Gabriel spoke about his interest to play for Barca and he isn't afraid to compete with MSN,his coach spoke about him joining Barca advising him to wait a year b4 moving to us.we suddenly get a 1st option and 9M buy option for a CB they signed 2 months ago (remember the 7M we paid for 1st option of 3 Santos players in Neymar deal?)
Obviously nothing is definite until papers are signed,but you are just too naive if you don't see the writings on the wall.The kid is our top target from Brazilian market and we are in pole position to get him and no one is even close second
But the kid doesn't want it to happen immediately,he isn't gonna be a part of our current budget and the smart thing to do is to actually wait a couple of years b4 bringing him.otherwise you aren't building for the future .signing young talent isn't gonna be a good future move if you are gonna ruin his career or ain't able to use him.
And the 1st team need a striker immediately ,the smart thing to do is to bring someone who can fill the void for 2 years and don't stand in his way after that.the club can afford to do both.

I don't see the writings on the wall at all. We don't have a monopoly over Brazilian players and there is nothing concrete other than those reports of him expressing his awe for Barca when interviewed by Barcelona-based media outlets (pretty much every player would have said that). If we don't make a move and thinking complacently that he is ours to lose, he will be snatched by another club.

I'd rather be proven naive than right on this later.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Denis Suarez is a fancy recall from loan. Accept it. He is a shit signing of the club really thinks this kid is going to fill some sort of hole. He is a solid backup like Sergi Bob.

Need a world class midfielder and Gabriel Jesus to round out a solid transfer season with Umiti.

That's how Iniesta started here. He played a decent amount but he was always behind Xavi, Deco, and Edmilson in the pecking order. He showed his class and earned a starting 11 position. He wasn't instantly the maestro you see today at the age of 21, he grew into it.

Absolutely nothing to suggest Denis does have the skill or potential to do the same. It's like if you haven't played with him on FIFA UT or seen someone wear his jersey before, he instantly doesn't have enough for Barça and that mentality goes against everything this club stands for and how it got to be as successful as it is now.

Pogbizzle

That's how Iniesta started here. He played a decent amount but he was always behind Xavi, Deco, and Edmilson in the pecking order. He showed his class and earned a starting 11 position. He wasn't instantly the maestro you see today at the age of 21, he grew into it.

Absolutely nothing to suggest Denis does have the skill or potential to do the same. It's like if you haven't played with him on FIFA UT or seen someone wear his jersey before, he instantly doesn't have enough for Barça and that mentality goes against everything this club stands for and how it got to be as successful as it is now.

Uff... I hate FIFA UT. It's not about that. I'd rather Samper be given an opportunity over Denis Suarez if you want to talk about Barca mentality. I'd prefer they trust Sergi over Denis Suarez. I was never impressed by him at Sevilla and certainly didn't impress me when he was at Villareal. My 2 cents over him.

xXKonan

img_eoribes_20160713-011458_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_13portada.jpg

Seems like Vietto, is our number 1 pick as our 4th striker.

Xavinho

Yes! Less signings like Arda and Vermaelen. But also less "signings" like Denis Suarez please.

What? A 22-year-old who knows the league, our club, and even our players, who just had a really good season with an upper-mid level la liga club, who was cheap, can provide a rotation option in a couple of positions, and who potentially could be a good player for us for years to come? Why on earth would I want less signings like Denis?

mazp

Disappointing if it's Vietto. He will stagnate here, imo. Any 22yr old shouldn't want to be 4th choice striker here. We needed some experience and a game changer in that position.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Uff... I hate FIFA UT. It's not about that. I'd rather Samper be given an opportunity over Denis Suarez if you want to talk about Barca mentality. I'd prefer they trust Sergi over Denis Suarez. I was never impressed by him at Sevilla and certainly didn't impress me when he was at Villareal. My 2 cents over him.

That's fine and dandy if you personally don't rate him but keep in mind tactically Sevilla and Villa play pretty differently than we do, from shape to how they attack, yet he showed poise and control on the ball, particularly with Villareal.

He's not even really a La Masia graduate but he's got the profile we look for in a player. If Samper ends up anywhere else besides a DM for us, it will be in the more defensive CM position in support of the attacking CM. He's not quick enough to be an attacking midfielder and I think his best qualities will shine through from deeper in midfield.

Sorry for the FIFA jibe but it just feels like that's how some people on here think this is how this club and/or football works and it's sooo not.

Messi983

What? A 22-year-old who knows the league, our club, and even our players, who just had a really good season with an upper-mid level la liga club, who was cheap, can provide a rotation option in a couple of positions, and who potentially could be a good player for us for years to come? Why on earth would I want less signings like Denis?

I think he's just trolling. Not very good at that though.

Professor Chaos

Vietto will be our forward transfer for 90%. I don't think that Bartomeu will risk to pay Carrasco clause like he did it with Turan.

After Digne and Vietto we need to get rid of Turan and try to sign A. Gomes.

I still think that omit Azpiliceuta is a bad decision. Digne is good but Cesar can play both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans