Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavinho

There is no reason to think that Alena will be our midfield solution. He just turned 18 and will be 18 this whole season and only 19 next season- that is really young.

I think you're getting him confused with some other player. Alena turned 18 months ago. He'll be 19 on January 5th.
In any case, it's still too early to say with any certainty how he'll develop. Early signs are promising though. I hope he makes his debut with the first team this coming season.

raki

Why cant we sell to EPL? Liverpool just sold Ibe for 18M ffs.

Montoya, Tello, Song, Vermaelen, Adriano.

C´mon Bartomeu and staff. Show something.

Zincubus

Banned
I've seen reports that we're in talks with Arsenals Bellerrin for RB and also just surfacing are whispers that Leicester's Riyad Mahrez wants away and his first choice is Barca . I'd break the bank to land these two players and even go into next year's budget as well .

Mahrez could play up front on the right and we could move Messi into central midfield in the Xavi role . He could have ten years dominating and playmaking from that slightly deeper role and he could still go on those long , winding , darting runs through defences ..

Jombi

lol, no. Messi is so different from Xavi its not even funny. That position is NOT for making runs through defenses!

Barcilliant

I've seen reports that we're in talks with Arsenals Bellerrin for RB and also just surfacing are whispers that Leicester's Riyad Mahrez wants away and his first choice is Barca . I'd break the bank to land these two players and even go into next year's budget as well .

Mahrez could play up front on the right and we could move Messi into central midfield in the Xavi role . He could have ten years dominating and playmaking from that slightly deeper role and he could still go on those long , winding , darting runs through defences ..

Mahrez won't come here to sit on the bench. He's very good but not good enough.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

You want to waste the best player in the world in the midfield? Whaaaaa...

gasgas

Can you define "central midfield" for me?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi in midfield would be a disaster. He already gets tired on Right wing where he does no defensive work.plus he can't close down and win the ball back the way rakitic can.

I think our team needs a backup striker for Suarez, wide forward (new pedro) and right back

Nucky

I agree with Hamzah about RB and back striker but only 4th striker will arrive.. I don't think we will be buying RB this summer.. We still have 52M to spend..

Barcilliant

Messi in midfield would be a disaster. He already gets tired on Right wing where he does no defensive work.plus he can't close down and win the ball back the way rakitic can.

I think our team needs a backup striker for Suarez, wide forward (new pedro) and right back

Messi doesn't have the work ethic to be a cm.

khaled_a_d

If anything else Messi would probably be best as an outright striker at the end of his career not a midfielder.

Let's not fool our self here,Messi is bound to be a midfielder later in his career.And it might be sooner than some people thing but it won't be this season.
This is how his game has been evolving,he is more of a play maker now.he will always move deeper to the pitch like he did last year.
It will require system change when it happens.but he won't remain at the front line forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans