Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What about our old pal Soriano as a back-up striker? He is capable of scoring goals, he is old enough to be content with sitting on the bench.

F4THi

Banned
I think the remaining 23M and the money of selling [ Vermaelen - Tello - Song - Montoya - Douglas - Adriano - Halilovic ( With buyback option ) ] in addition to the money that Robert said they can borrow from next season's budget are more then enough to get 2 strikers and a RB, a young striker and an experienced one [ Vietto/Jesus and Gameiro/Perez ] with the loan of Munir .. and a RB [ Aurier - Bellerin - Fabinho - Soares - Florenzi - Mario - Peres - Cancelo - Mallo - Mariano ] .. I think the options for RB are plentiful and most of them aren't that hard to get

F

Flavia

What about our old pal Soriano as a back-up striker? He is capable of scoring goals, he is old enough to be content with sitting on the bench.

It seems they forgot about him or discarded him. I remember there were rumors at some point, last summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It seems they forgot about him or discarded him. I remember there were rumors at some point, last summer.

Yeah, too bad. He should be relatively cheap and he is still scoring a load of goals for RB Salzburg and I think he said he would love to be back.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, too bad. He should be relatively cheap and he is still scoring a load of goals for RB Salzburg and I think he said he would love to be back.

Lucho was the one who brought him to B team and helped him tremendously for 3 years.
I am pretty sure if Lucho thought he was good fit we would have got him.

SeloBarca

I think the remaining 23M and the money of selling [ Vermaelen - Tello - Song - Montoya - Douglas - Adriano - Halilovic ( With buyback option ) ] in addition to the money that Robert said they can borrow from next season's budget are more then enough to get 2 strikers and a RB, a young striker and an experienced one [ Vietto/Jesus and Gameiro/Perez ] with the loan of Munir .. and a RB [ Aurier - Bellerin - Fabinho - Soares - Florenzi - Mario - Peres - Cancelo - Mallo - Mariano ] .. I think the options for RB are plentiful and most of them aren't that hard to get
Shouldnt use any of next years budget. Have to adress the midfield problems next year.

Wick

Shouldnt use any of next years budget. Have to adress the midfield problems next year.

What problems? Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta have been more than sufficient for Lucho's way of playing. They've been highly succesful and have at least 2-3 years left everyone of them. Iniesta may need to be rotated more, but we have D. Suárez and Rafinha for that. Aleñá will replace Rakitic in 3-4 years. The midfield is fine right now and for the near future.

Trickykid

What problems? Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta have been more than sufficient for Lucho's way of playing. They've been highly succesful and have at least 2-3 years left everyone of them. Iniesta may need to be rotated more, but we have D. Suárez and Rafinha for that. Aleñá will replace Rakitic in 3-4 years. The midfield is fine right now and for the near future.

I absolutely agree that we're fine for the coming season, but while I hope you're right about Rafinha, Denis and Alena, it's impossible to say already. If Denis proves to be up to the task, perfect, but otherwise we'll have to begin looking seriously for a Iniesta replacement next summer.

I still hope Rafinha will prove to have a future here, but he doesn't look like someone who can control the game like The Don. And again, Alena is simply still too young and unproven to be regarded as a future first teamer.

SeloBarca

Ye. If Iniesta gets injured theres a HUGE step down to Rafinha or Suarez.

Rakitic arent anywhere near Iniesta, and Rafinha/Suarez are nowhere near Rakitic.
Suarez has been better as a winger than midfielder in Villareal.
Both Iniesta and Rakitic are inconsistant. Iniesta due to age, Rakitic due to whatever.
Iniesta is now 32.
If only we had an assisting CM with half the skills of Xavi..*nostalgic sigh*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENbU9e4hzbw

Last edited:

Co0ter

I absolutely agree that we're fine for the coming season, but while I hope you're right about Rafinha, Denis and Alena, it's impossible to say already. If Denis proves to be up to the task, perfect, but otherwise we'll have to begin looking seriously for a Iniesta replacement next summer.

I still hope Rafinha will prove to have a future here, but he doesn't look like someone who can control the game like The Don. And again, Alena is simply still too young and unproven to be regarded as a future first teamer.

There is no reason to think that Alena will be our midfield solution. He just turned 18 and will be 18 this whole season and only 19 next season- that is really young. Even Messi wasn't half the player he was at 19 compared to when he was 21. Also, midfielders improve dramatically with experience and usually become better over time, where strikers can be more effective depending on their skillset earlier in their career in comparison. Not sure if we should wait until both Suarez and Messi are 32 or so before strengthening our midfield, especially with Iniesta already 32 now. We really should have made a better signing than Arda, or saved the money and used it now.

Trickykid

There is no reason to think that Alena will be our midfield solution. He just turned 18 and will be 18 this whole season and only 19 next season- that is really young. Even Messi wasn't half the player he was at 19 compared to when he was 21. Also, midfielders improve dramatically with experience and usually become better over time, where strikers can be more effective depending on their skillset earlier in their career in comparison. Not sure if we should wait until both Suarez and Messi are 32 or so before strengthening our midfield, especially with Iniesta already 32 now. We really should have made a better signing than Arda, or saved the money and used it now.

Was this supposed to be a reply to my post? If so, I'm a tad confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans