Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xavi_the_Boss

According to what i've read in "Papers of Barca" ( the twitter account ), Barcelona has been following Boufal but isn't interrested in Mahrez because he does not fit the profil Barcelona is looking for.

If Mahrez doesn´t fit the profile then Boufal doesn´t either.Both not Players who can play as striker.

I

instinct

[tw]754729687776169984[/tw]

Romero asking whether or not Barca should sign Reina if Bravo signs for Man City. It's odd that he's doing a poll on that, I think he might know something.

xXKonan

He likely does.

Bravo probably didn't like the idea of Ter Stegen being our Number 1 keeper so he's likely considering City's offer. Reina if he's willing to accept the Pinto role and not complain about it he wouldn't be a bad option to replace Bravo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reina's always wanted to return and he was in line for a return before Lucho came in and Unzue chose Bravo instead :lol:

If he comes, he won't play more than the Copa, but he's always been highly regarded in the dressing room for being a jokester and someone to lift the spirits of everyone so I think in that aspect he'll be fine, and accept whatever role he is given.

But we won't sell Bravo unless he personally requests a transfer. And I'd imagine staying in Barcelona is a better option too, even if he loses the league. Playing in the CL + Copa isn't that bad and adapting to England at this age is gonna be very tricky for him. A bad start and he might end up being in a worse situation there than he would be here.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I hope that Bravo will accept a reversal of the roles (if it indeed does happen...), but if he doesn't, the club better make City and Pep bleed for him. I know he's getting older, but he's easily top 5 in the world, and if we're going to strengthen a potential ChL rival (lead by none other than Pep), we need to get thoroughly well paid.

So please, Barto and henchmen, don't do one of those thank you for the good times courtesy sales.

Reina as a sub would be decent enough, as long as he's dirt cheap.

I

instinct

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think TV3 said that ter-Stegen would be the undisputed starter in every major competition next season.

Chainsaw

Killahead
[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think TV3 said that ter-Stegen would be the undisputed starter in every major competition next season.

I just wonder, what exactly has changed that these sources are so sure that MatS will be the undisputed starter for Barca this season?

psychotsek

I just wonder, what exactly has changed that these sources are so sure that MatS will be the undisputed starter for Barca this season?

I just don't get it. What does "undisputed starter" means. I mean ffs if MATS does indeed start and meshes up 3-5 consecutive games will we still use him? This is Barca and only the best should play. Bravo last year and at the moment is simply put a better keeper.

DonAK

@DonAK

Not so sure about that really. I doubt that's true unless Lucho is like fuck it, let's go all in.

I just don't get it. What does "undisputed starter" means. I mean ffs if MATS does indeed start and meshes up 3-5 consecutive games will we still use him? This is Barca and only the best should play. Bravo last year and at the moment is simply put a better keeper.

Bravo had an average last half of the season and was irregular in the Copa America too. There's no evidence to suggest he simply put is the better keeper, especially when he's had the luxury of playing regularly too. I'd say their level is very close, if not at the same level.

People make it out to be like ter Stegen will be Rustu v2 and Bravo is modern times Lev Yashin.

Trickykid

It's not that simple. MAtS has an incredible high ceiling, and could be a top keeper for us for the next decade. He needs to play, though. Not only because otherwise he'll get fed up with the current situation sooner rather than later and demand a transfer, but also because he needs to play on a regular basis in order to fulfill his huge potential.
Is Bravo the better keeper right now? Probably slightly, yeah. But this is a sacrifice we'll need to make, if we're to secure the keeper situation in the long run.

Besides, I'd say that it's arguable who's actually the better keeper for us even now. Bravo has the advantage on the goal line, but I feel the distribution of MAtS ends up more or less leveling the playing field.

God Serena

Bravo being the better keeper is a myth from 2015. It's like saying Casillas is better than De Gea (Yes Bravo's mistakes have been on Casillas level lately) at this point. He plays more often and more consistently and is still the one who can't keep up a consistent form.

A role reversal should have happened last season (Mats might have made a save of some sort against Real Madrid) but if the rumors of Mats starting CL and La Liga are true, that's great for us in both the short and the long term.

That being said... I'd really not want Reina to come if Bravo leaves. Imo he's worse than Pinto was before the decline.

DonAK

That being said... I'd really not want Reina to come if Bravo leaves. Imo he's worse than Pinto was before the decline.

He's the starting GK for Napoli. He isn't that bad. He isn't particularly good anymore either, but he's still easily better than Pinto was IMO.

Problem is that we'll need an experienced GK and I can't see anyone being a better option than Reina who would come for peanuts and accept a minor role and be a good influence in the dressing room.

Not to forget he's good with his feet so won't have any issues with adapting to our play either.

Last edited:

serghei

I agree that it's close between Bravo and Stegen, and that we can choose Stegen for no1, but to say Bravo is like Casillas and Stegen is like De Gea is way way way too extreme, like hilariously off the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans