Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXKonan

img_rbravo_20160718-001050_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_md18.jpg

Robert and Brazil on MD's front cover.

Xavinho

I can't see anyone being a better option than Reina who would come for peanuts and accept a minor role and be a good influence in the dressing room.

How do we know he'd be cheap though? De Laurentiis is always so stubborn dealing with transfers, and I think Reina still has a couple of years on his contract.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How do we know he'd be cheap though? De Laurentiis is always so stubborn dealing with transfers, and I think Reina still has a couple of years on his contract.

He is stubborn, but I imagine he won't stand in the way like Aulas with Umtiti. Reina seem to have a very good relationship with Napoli and him.

God Serena

He's the starting GK for Napoli. He isn't that bad. He isn't particularly good anymore either, but he's still easily better than Pinto was IMO.

Problem is that we'll need an experienced GK and I can't see anyone being a better option than Reina who would come for peanuts and accept a minor role and be a good influence in the dressing room.

Not to forget he's good with his feet so won't have any issues with adapting to our play either.

Being the starting goalkeeper is about as impressive as being the starting keeper for Real Sociedad. Pinto was actually the best backup we could have asked for, which is probably why he stayed so long after his decline.

I've just never been a fan of him, at all. He got benched for Simon Mingolet, lol.

I agree that it's close between Bravo and Stegen, and that we can choose Stegen for no1, but to say Bravo is like Casillas and Stegen is like De Gea is way way way too extreme, like hilariously off the mark.

It's called hyperbole. You know, to make the point more clear...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Being the starting goalkeeper is about as impressive as being the starting keeper for Real Sociedad. Pinto was actually the best backup we could have asked for, which is probably why he stayed so long after his decline.

I've just never been a fan of him, at all. He got benched for Simon Mingolet, lol.

It's called hyperbole. You know, to make the point more clear...

You mean like Rulli :coffee:

Reina declined in his last couple of years, but he wasn't really benched for Mignolet because of his ability, but rather because Rodgers preferred Mignolet since there were always rumors surrounding Reina moving somewhere else and he was on a big contract so they had to get rid of him.

He had quite a decent season out on loan at Napoli, then moved to Bayern to warm the bench for Pep, before moving back to Napoli again. I think it'll be difficult to find a GK who's experienced and willing to sit on the bench and got the skills to play at Barca.

If Bravo tells the club he want to leave(which I still think is unlikely), then ter Stegen will get the League + CL anyway. Perhaps even the Copa. We just need someone who knows to handle the pressures of the top level in case the German gets suspended, injured.

Reina wouldn't need to adapt to anything. He got the skillset. He's experienced. He's a culer and knows the club.

Which other GK do you think can fit that role? Not many out there, if any from what I see.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Globo posted an article about Robert watching Lucas and Gabigol yesterday.

Their seems to be General interest in Lucas Lima but at the moment whether we will make an offer for him is unknown. Neymar has been pushing hard for us to get him since they are close friends.

MD on that front Cover if I read correctly, Robert is interested in Midfielders and could be one of the reasons he was watching Lucas.

God Serena

You mean like Rulli :coffee:

Reina declined in his last couple of years, but he wasn't really benched for Mignolet because of his ability, but rather because Rodgers preferred Mignolet since there were always rumors surrounding Reina moving somewhere else and he was on a big contract so they had to get rid of him.

He had quite a decent season out on loan at Napoli, then moved to Bayern to warm the bench for Pep, before moving back to Napoli again. I think it'll be difficult to find a GK who's experienced and willing to sit on the bench and got the skills to play at Barca.

If Bravo tells the club he want to leave(which I still think is unlikely), then ter Stegen will get the League + CL anyway. Perhaps even the Copa. We just need someone who knows to handle the pressures of the top level in case the German gets suspended, injured.

Reina wouldn't need to adapt to anything. He got the skillset. He's experienced. He's a culer and knows the club.

Which other GK do you think can fit that role? Not many out there, if any from what I see.

I dunno who else could fill the role, but there's no way Reina is the only keeper in the world capable of being our backup. I just have a general contempt for the guy for reasons I can't explain. Us being linked with him every single summer from the moment Valdes announced he wasn't going to renew with us has also gotten pretty old.

I

instinct

[tw]754988858174046208[/tw]

He pretty much confirms that Vietto will join Sevilla. Before anyone asks, he's one of the most reliable journalists in Barcelona.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mestre claims the Nolito signing failed on a technicality, Correa negotiations never even got started, who knows what the reason on Vietto will be but that leaves Gameiro that also leaves the club in a lousy negotiating position (Rinse & repeat)

That leaves Lucas Perez, not ideal IMHO - who is not really a wide player at all

gasgas

We don't need a forward signing
Rafinha, Arda, Dennis can all play there in the 5 games a season where MSN don't play

I

instinct

It seemed odd to me that Robert attended the Santos game to watch Lucas Lima, as our current squad clearly doesn't require another attacking midfielder who's not even a promising talent but an already established player in Brazil.

Since Gabriel Jesus isn't leaving anytime soon, I wouldn't be surprised if his attention, at least for now, switched to Gabigol, especially considering the strong competition from European rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans