Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

But doesnt change the fact that he was never needed
Heck Douglas, Song, Caceres, Chryg all came before, and no one can say they were the players we needed

Nonsense. We need a striker to stand in for Suarez once in a while and to come off the bench as an actual legitimate scoring threat.

serghei

Paco Alcacer could be a good option I think. Why are we not interested in him? Young, experience in La Liga already, is even a Spanish International at his age.

gasgas

Nonsense. We need a striker to stand in for Suarez once in a while and to come off the bench as an actual legitimate scoring threat.

No we don't

Forward backups who scored 3-4 goals in an entire season?

We actually need a guy who has scored 15-20 games a season. A guy who actually is a goal threat when around the box. Denis Suarez, Rafinha, these are not what is needed. Neither of them has goal-scoring instincts. Rakitic has outscored them both FFS.

For a backup, that's an overkill if you ask me,
you don't need a 15 goals per season to score in small games when you are resting one of the MSN. you just don't.
it's only a few games per season where we may rest MSN. unless you will start benching either of MSN 15 games a season, MSN will be unhappy, RIP team harmony
By the way, whoever that 15-20 a season striker will probably turn to a 7 goal per season due to extensive bench time,benchwarming, hence further waste of money
they aren't goalscorers? who said?
were they ever deployed as goalscorers and failed? i don't think so.
they have played as creative wingers and thrived.
and may be this may also help Messi get relived of creative duties and score a few himself

if we buy a forward,
then it should be as a potential MSN replacement (a futuristic signing)
but we really don't need a forward :)

A CM yes we need, a forward, No Thanks

F

Flavia

Are these the arguments? Being cheap and good goalscorer in Austrain(!) league? We need someone like Gameiro on the bench.

Gameiro would cost 40m. Way too much for 29 year old. If he was cheaper, surely, but he isn't. For the games Soriano would play, he'd be enough cover.

@gasgas, stop double posting. If you remembered you had someting else to say, just edit your post. You do that a lot.

Professor Chaos

That's why I said we need someone LIKE HIM, not Gameiro himself. Soriano is not good enough to play at Barca level even as a backup. He plays in Austrian league and Europa League which is dominated by Sevilla. It speaks for itself about level of those competitions.

F

Flavia

That's why I said we need someone LIKE HIM, not Gameiro himself. Soriano is not good enough to play at Barca level even as a backup. He plays in Austrian league and Europa League which is dominated by Sevilla. It speaks for itself about level of those competitions.

I don't get it. Gameiro plays for Sevilla. And there aren't many players like him in the market, or that want to come to Barça to sit on the bench. To play against lliga minions, Soriano would be enough. And wouldn't block the signing of a younger and better forward in the near future.

Suarez will play most games anyway. He just needs someone to give him rest in such games. I'd surely would prefer Soriano to signing Lucas Perez, and getting Gabriel Jesus afterwards.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is not much we can do though. We don't have money to buy a top level forward, and even if we did no top level forward in their prime wants to join us as a backup for MSN.

Sure the Austrian league is a few tiers down but Soriano is still prolific and hasn't lost his striker instinct and he is old and will be cheap, plus he is willing to return to sit on the bench.

What other options do we have?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Soriano or Gameiro are bad options. Gameiro isn't that great and costs too much, Soriano is simply not barca level even for a backup.

Guaporta

It just hit me. Why aren't we in for Carlos Bacca? Obviously wants to leave Milan for a club that plays CL and the Italians are only asking 20-30 million. A far better player than Gameiro, fits the 'Suárez-profile' and won't cost us 40M. I'm all on the 'Gabriel Jesus-train', but Bacca would be a very decent option.

F

Flavia

It just hit me. Why aren't we in for Carlos Bacca? Obviously wants to leave Milan for a club that plays CL and the Italians are only asking 20-30 million. A far better player than Gameiro, fits the 'Suárez-profile' and won't cost us 40M. I'm all on the 'Gabriel Jesus-train', but Bacca would be a very decent option.

Robert said some players approached don't want to come to Barça because of MSN. It won't be that easy to find one who wants, and who is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans