Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

SPORT says we will make a last offer for Gamerio worth 25M although Sevilla demand 40M. Hopefully after that me move on to Lucas Perez.

I am a bit worried about Lucas Perez,he was gr8 last year but for a player who is almost 28 he only scored 10 goals in 1 season once in his career b4 that last season
There is a good chance he is a one season wonder tbh

Messi983

He played mostly as a winger in his previous clubs though. Even in 14/15 season at Deportivo (when he missed first half of the season because of injury) he played most games as winger or SS to Oriol Riera. Last season was the first when he was main striker of his team. I'd take a risk with him for around 15M. His previous experience playing on the wings could also be helpful to us.

Raketa10

Lucas Perez is nowhere near Barca quality!!! Please stop with Lucas Perez.

Look at his stats and the clubs he played for, no one can say this is Barca material. If he is Barca material than everyone is. He is 28 years old with ONE good season.

2010-2011 Rayo Vallecano 7(1)
2011–2013 Karpaty Lviv 51(14)
2013 → Dynamo Kyiv (loan) 0(0)
2013–2015 PAOK 32(9)
2014–2015→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan) 21(6)
2015– Deportivo La Coruña 36(17)

We should have signed Ben Arfa indeed...

Last edited:
How can we sign Ben Arfa when the player himself said that he decided to reject Barca's interests due to lack of starting opportunities ?

From what I remember he said that he would've probably given it a shot if he was 2-3 years younger and maybe tried to fight for a regular spot but can't do it anymore at his current age and over the current Barca starters.

BarçaBarça

If we end up with Perez, Robert has failed us with the backup-striker. And oldie who wasn't even Luchos oldie. I get players are harder to get because of MSN but that is no excuse - there are players out there and if he can't find one who is convinced that minutes at Barcas first team is good for his development, then he is not good enough for his job. He should have known Viettos stand and looked elsewhere. And that Gameiro is 40M not 25M as everybody would like - look elsewhere and stop dreaming Robert. Excuses are not good enough for us right now, as our signings have been horrible from time to time in recent years (not Roberts faul, I know).

mazp

If we end up with Perez, Robert has failed us with the backup-striker. And oldie who wasn't even Luchos oldie. I get players are harder to get because of MSN but that is no excuse - there are players out there and if he can't find one who is convinced that minutes at Barcas first team is good for his development, then he is not good enough for his job. He should have known Viettos stand and looked elsewhere. And that Gameiro is 40M not 25M as everybody would like - look elsewhere and stop dreaming Robert. Excuses are not good enough for us right now, as our signings have been horrible from time to time in recent years (not Roberts faul, I know).

Or we just have to face facts there just isn't any good quality strikers on the market right now.

khaled_a_d

It doesn't seem that Vietto himself knows his stand tbf

Raketa10

As it stands right now we have 25 mil eur disposable. If we sell Halilovic with a buy back for 5 that is 30 mil + maybe Vermaelen, Tello and Song sale we might collect this 40 million needed. In that case i would not be surprised if we go for Gameiro. It is way too expensive but better to have Gameiro for 40 than throw away 20 for Lucas Perez.

BarçaBarça

It doesn't seem that Vietto himself knows his stand tbf

Point taken, first reports said Sevilla was done and he was certain, but I see that he is more in doubt.

Or we just have to face facts there just isn't any good quality strikers on the market right now.

I don't accept that. Conditions are hard with MSN nearly unbenchable and an inflated market (Martial 50M, Batshuayi 40 M etc.), but there is still players out there. We are fooling ourselves if we think no-one will give up a little playing time to play for us and learn from MSN.

I get that Lacazette, Icardi and the likes wants to be first striker, but strikers a little younger is available I'm sure. I refuse to believe that Munir and Lucas Perez is the only players who wants to play as backup-striker for Barca, and that every young player is 'smart enough' to go to Dortmund or Ajax before joining a club like ours.

Zincubus

Banned
Jees. .... What a disappointing transfer window !!

We're just recently out of a transfer ban whilst Real and Atletico are due to start their bans and yet we're are arguably weaker than last season .. Bartra and Alves already gone with others to follow ..

Trickykid

Jees. .... What a disappointing transfer window !!

We're just recently out of a transfer ban whilst Real and Atletico are due to start their bans and yet we're are arguably weaker than last season .. Bartra and Alves already gone with others to follow ..

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans