Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neymessi

Yes, what i ment is that the starting eleven isnt stronger.
Theres still a big leap from strating eleven to bench players.
subbing out iniesta and rakitic wil severly weaken our already doubtful midfield.

Our starting 11 is next to impossible to improve as we have so many players that are one of the best if not the best in their position. Any starting player that we would have signed would have been a risk and could have done more harm than good. Only RB was something that could be argued to be in a delicate position after the departure of alves but imo we are fine there. What we really needed to address and what has been addresses this summer window is the depth in many key areas as our bench always looked subpar compared to other big teams and we needed better players to rely on during injuries.

Barcilliant

img_dsalvador_20160721-002053_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_21.jpg

Vietto on MD's front cover.

Sounds like we are waiting for a decision.

This guy must be an idiot. He has an opportunity to shine ata massive club and he's thinking about it.lol

F

Flavia

He should be bold, he's young. That kind of opportunity sometimes only happens once.

xXKonan

What Opportunity? He would basically be trading one bench for another.
Sitting on the bench for a team that doesn't choke in CL finals you mean. :mou:

Joking aside according to COPE he really wants to join us. problem is he's concerned about the play time he would get here. Cadena Ser even reported Leo, called him and talked to Vietto to try and convince him to join us, it's up to him really.

It's one of those once in a life time type of deals that he may never get again.

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
And even more so when we sign a striker backup.

I wasn't his greatest fan but I'd say there's only one player ideally suited to sit on the bench and cover the front three .

Pedro

I'd be surprised if Vietto didn't pick us. He knows this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and if he closes the door, there will likely never be another chance.

My only concern over Vietto is that he looked decidedly average in the uTube compilation of his best bits .

Blimey , even Douglas looked world class in his uTube compilation :)

Jose and ManU are showing how it's done sadly .

No Champion's League to offer yet they've acquired Ibrahimovic , Bailly , Mikhitarian and now by the sound of things - Pogba ... has to be the best transfer window EVER .

If Carlsberg did transfer windows ...

xXKonan

So what you're saying is in order for us to have a successful transfer window we have to spend over 200 million in order to do it?

You're just getting sucked into the crazy transfer window madness man. We don't need to spend absurd's amount of money on players like United has done to have a good window.

Last edited:

Co0ter

My only concern over Vietto is that he looked decidedly average in the uTube compilation of his best bits .

Blimey , even Douglas looked world class in his uTube compilation :)

That is because Vietto really isn't that good and I have no idea why we want him in the first place. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, he's had barely HALF a good season in his adult career and that was the first half of 14/15 with Villarreal. Even then, his goal tally was more impressive than his actually performances. He is nothing special, he has presented nothing to excite me or show that he has some sort of high ceiling either. He will be a mediocre bench player, not much better than Munir imo. I don't see what the point is in basically throwing away 20-25mil for that.

So what you're saying is in order for us to have a successful transfer window we have to spend over 200 million in order to do it?

You're just getting sucked into the crazy transfer window madness man. We don't need to spend absurd's amount of money on players like United has done to have a good window.

They've wasted a ton of money recently, I can't argue with you there. However, 40mil euros for a young, good CB and 45mil for Henrihk were decently priced transfers. They only marginally overpaid imo. Ibra was free. Overall, this is by far the best transfer window they've had in a very long time.

F

Flavia

What Opportunity? He would basically be trading one bench for another.

the opportunity to play for Barça, with Messi. It won't happen again. Suarez is 29 already. And if vietto doesn't have faith in himself, who will.

Butaan4barca

He should be bold, he's young. That kind of opportunity sometimes only happens once.

there is nothing bold in sitting behind, messi, neymar, suarez: the best trio the world has ever seen. The rational choice would be to go to sevilla, which isn't a bad team for a 22 year old and play regularly. In couple of years if he turns out to be good, he will have a chance to join barca later.

We should have just signed Dybala last season.

my thoughts exactly..

Co0ter

I just remembered Dembele's fee was only 15mil, I cry a little every time. Gabriel Jesus available too apparently for 21mil euros exclusively to Barca and those few other clubs. We probably wont manage a good deal to sign him either, whether it be loan to Palmeiras or another club to develop. We could rotate him into all three forward positions this season and come in frequently as a sub. I understand young players want to start, yet big name young players go to other clubs and don't start regularly either, why not us? I have to admit Dembele made a good move for his career by going to Dortmund though.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Some of you need to realize that there is a thing called injuries in football. You act like MSN are goiing to be 100% fit all season, only to sit out when it's some easy CdR matches.

And MSN actually have their history of injuries, and even in Suarez and Neymar's case suspensions here and there. Vietto will find more playing time here than he did at Atletico. That ofc depends on if he improves compare to the last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans