Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

coura

Banned
And who are the grown defenders we have a chance to sign? Any suggestions? :)

It´s not worth it. The staff and the coach don´t want them.
Vertonghen is one of them. 30M or so. Quality is expensive.

Sakho is a good defender. Chiriches also. Zouma. Garay. Otamendi. Dragovic. Nkoulou. Dede and Rever from Brazil. Subotic.

C´mon , there´s no CB for barça? lol

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It´s not worth it. The staff and the coach don´t want them.
Vertonghen is one of them. 30M or so. Quality is expensive.

Sakho is a good defender. Chiriches also. Zouma. Garay. Otamendi. Dragovic. Nkoulou. Dede and Rever from Brazil. Subotic.

C´mon , there´s no CB for barça? lol

I agree about your options like Zouma and N'Koulou :) Garay has an anti barca clause in his contract apparently and Sakho is not good enough and has a horrible attitude according to Bertus who know him well as he is a PSG fan. Dede just moved to a new club I think, dont know much about Rever and Subotic is also prone to mistakes tbh, but a great option nevertheless.

coura

Banned
If Puyol was 32 like Abidal i would be more satisfied. But 36? And injury prone. Not happy scenario. And Abidal playing :(

Zincubus

Banned
If Puyol was 32 like Abidal i would be more satisfied. But 36? And injury prone. Not happy scenario. And Abidal playing :(

Funnily enough it sounds as though Abidal wants a quick return :)

@barcastuff: Abidal: "I have to say Zubi treated me really well. If he still looks for a defender, I'm in good shape, maybe he can take a look (laughs)"

MagicianMessi

what the fuck is rosell thinking about not buying a CB? Is he gone crazy? After what happened last year I thought they learned a lesson.But I don't think so.

And Martino I thought he will atleast will give his attention to defence but he also not even thinking about one. I think this season we are not going to win anything..

Papabeef

Barca eyeing "Oscar Cardozo" -El Mundo

To be honest i love this guy, such an underrated striker who comes up with the goods at the important moments. His off ball movement is comparable to Messi or Raul, would make a mess out of defenses to have him CF with Neymar Left and Messi right. As happy as i would be with this since i like that player, i would be shocked if we go for him and still not have a new CB... who knows whats cooking behind the scene.

Last edited:

Papabeef

Yeah we need any aid at the back we can get, putting what Abi meant for this team or what he went through aside and thinking purely professionally, it was a bad move at the wrong time.... Needed to have a much better defense to be able to leave him.

Lionheart

I don't think we'll get a new defender by 2th september. This should've been sorted out even before we got Neymar! Our management is a joke.

Barcilliant

We need Cardozo . Our attack looked impotent yet again against a quality parked bus in athletico madrid. I have been screaming for a proper number 9 and Cardozo would be excellent. Would be great if we get him

Jadentheman

Another attacker really? We have Deulofeu coming through the pipes and we need to sell at least Alexis/Pedro before we make another offensive purchase.

We had a chance to have gotten Eto'o for practically free. Why did management just ignore that?

Meitux

I wouldn't mind an attacker/ striker as long as he fits. Despite having Messi who is the obvious and Neymar who i can't be sure of how many goals will he score we don't have someone to finish chances. And i say that cause i don't believe the Messi depending will be over because of Neymar as most people think. For everyone including myself to be satisfied this system has to work with players that can score chances and create big danger like it did in 2008-2009 with Eto'o and Henry and something similar with Villa and Pedro who was in a good mood back in the 2010-2011 system. It won't happen with Alexis cause generally he doesn't fit this style of play, can't rely on Neymar at least from now. This false 9 system is built around Messi, it's not strange at all that without Messi we are not dangerous, we lack a scorer that will be the one to finish off chances whenever he drops deep or isn't every time there but also someone who will attack directly and not everytime from the flanks.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
After watching Spurs cover their squad for Bale's departure more than 2x fold, it's kind of blissful imagining Barca having the perfect transfer window.

The more we stall on these issues, the bigger they become. Not only will we have to get a CB sooner or later for a more inflated price, we'll also have to make last minute signings for replacing Valdes and a CM for an aging Xavi.

Being linked to transfers that are non-priority will just sidetrack us, fix what needs to be fixed first and get the squad to gel over the season before we waste time talking about guys like Cardozo to fix a bunch of hypothetical situations. It's pretty much too late to buy a CB, but it just goes to show how little effort was put in by Zubi and co. to reinforce our squad for a difficult campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans