Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alves has an option to renew till 2016. That option should be triggered, he stays one more season, then leaves.

Yep. Would get a year to find and persuade the right replacement to join(Danilo or Sciglio perhaps? How good are they? or use the forgotten scouting option :p) and..... also cash in on him when he leaves.

Edit: Well, Well... Barcelona expect to get 35M from the transfers of right back Dani Alves (30) and midfielder Alex Song (26) this summer. [md]

Last edited:
L

linetty

Barcelona see Man City centre back Vincent Kompany (27) as a good option to replace Puyol, but they're aware a transfer is difficult [sport]

Barcelona are following Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia (26). The Moroccan player joined the Italian club last summer on a 5-year deal. [md]

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Barcelona see Man City centre back Vincent Kompany (27) as a good option to replace Puyol, but they're aware a transfer is difficult [sport]

Barcelona are following Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia (26). The Moroccan player joined the Italian club last summer on a 5-year deal. [md]

Kompany isn't an option. I hope we get Benatia, Falcao, Vidal. That would be asking too much though. I'd be shocked if we signed even one of them.

the-front-MD-march-15-2014.jpg

the-front-sport-march-15-2014.jpg

its probably just bs from the press but one can dream, right.......??

Last edited:

jklz

Mundo Deportivo's list, next to Benatia: Hummels, Schär, Vertonghen, Musacchio.
It changes every 3 days doesn't it?

F

FCBblaug

The problem is that his contract runs down next year and he can then be free to negotiate with any team and sign a pre-contract in January and we will then lose him out for free. So either we renew him and keep him for a couple of years or we sell him this summer and try to find a replacement which will be the most difficult option I reckon.

As said by other posters here, there are not many quality RBs out there who could replace Dani. Guys like Danilo, Pisczeck, De Sciglio have been mentioned, but any of those three would not be easy to get and not to forget that it seem like our first options to replace him are Cuadrado(Who I have not seen much of, but other posters have said that he is much more of a winger than a FB/WB which seem quite right) and Zuñiga(Who I've watched and can for sure say that he is quite poor defensively).

De sciglio hard to get? Milan are in poor financial status, they cant even buy players, they buy cheap players and get free agents. I am sure de sciglio will cost less than 20 M, he will cost exactly the same money we will get from selling alves, and we will be releasing some wages, while securing an excellent talent for the future. The kid already plays for the italian NT, at a very very very young age. If anybody remembers, he was a starter for italy in the confederations!
Look at him here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FV4vU9ZfdE

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
De sciglio hard to get? Milan are in poor financial status, they cant even buy players, they buy cheap players and get free agents. I am sure de sciglio will cost less than 20 M, he will cost exactly the same money we will get from selling alves, and we will be releasing some wages, while securing an excellent talent for the future. The kid already plays for the italian NT, at a very very very young age. If anybody remembers, he was a starter for italy in the confederations!
Look at him here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5FV4vU9ZfdE

I honestly don't think we would get the money for De Sciglio from selling Alves. I also don't think we should sell Alves. And I also don't think Milan would sell De Sciglio for a cheap, he will be minimum 35M - he is the best RB prospect out there, already ready to start at any club.

F

FCBblaug

I honestly don't think we would get the money for De Sciglio from selling Alves. I also don't think we should sell Alves. And I also don't think Milan would sell De Sciglio for a cheap, he will be minimum 35M - he is the best RB prospect out there, already ready to start at any club.

But it is milan we are talking about! They are in shambles
De sciglio is a prospect, an excellent one, but they also have abate for RB
And i want us to sell alves for so many reasons i stated before

Robin

We have absolutely no place for Vidal.

We are already struggling to find a formation in order to play Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc all together. Imagine adding Vidal to that. Who's gonna be benched? Our captain? Cesc?

F

FCBblaug

We are already struggling to find a formation in order to play Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc all together. Imagine adding Vidal to that. Who's gonna be benched? Our captain? Cesc?

No, xavi needs to play far fewer games!
This could be the formation
Busquets
Vidal. .iniesta
.cesc.

Bruno soriano to come for busquets, and rafinha and cavi to come on for the three CM spots.
I think it is now clear that we play the very best when in a four man midfield, it gives us midfield stability, and No, we are not trying to fit cesc, xavi, iniesta together, it is safe that way because we can no longer do it with a three man midfield nowadays

Barcilliant

There is ALOT of place for Vidal. Xavi is past it and will be in even worse shape after the WC next season. If Xavi wants to stay at the club he has to accept being on the bench. The reason Tata is playing him is because he has no choice. Even a shopworn Xavi is better then Roberto and Song.

Vidal is the best midfielder in the world. He is a box to box, dynamic player who sets an example to others on the field. Our midfield at the moment is slow and uninspired, Only Iniesta gives it some pace and zip. Vidal would change that dynamic. If Tata stays look for Barca to lodge a genuine bid for Arturo.

F

FCBblaug

There is ALOT of place for Vidal. Xavi is past it and will be in even worse shape after the WC next season. If Xavi wants to stay at the club he has to accept being on the bench. The reason Tata is playing him is because he has no choice. Even a shopworn Xavi is better then Roberto and Song.

Vidal is the best midfielder in the world. He is a box to box, dynamic player who sets an example to others on the field. Our midfield at the moment is slow and uninspired, Only Iniesta gives it some pace and zip. Vidal would change that dynamic. If Tata stays look for Barca to lodge a genuine bid for Arturo.

:worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans