Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulinat

You are acting as if bartra is not even there? He will play even less! He will not be a starter in tough games only in the smallest games! Now how will mascherano want that? While he could go to napoli and join benitez who will play him in his DM position as a starter!

What do you mean? Barca's centre backs: Pique, New guy, Bartra, Mascherano. Masch can play as a DM when needed and we'll have 2 centre backs on the pitch, 1 on the bench, and Mascherano as DM. You could also try playing Mascherano as a DM regularly and Busquets as a CM at the same time if you want to play more defensively.

F

FCBblaug

What do you mean? Barca's centre backs: Pique, New guy, Bartra, Mascherano. Masch can play as a DM when needed and we'll have 2 centre backs on the pitch, 1 on the bench, and Mascherano as DM. You could also try playing Mascherano as a DM regularly and Busquets as a CM at the same time if you want to play more defensively.
Pique, new guy and bartra will be the first in line! And how many games does a busi back up play. Masch is not the kind of player to play in small games or in case of injuries, and rotations. His spot in the starting elevn will no longer be there. I think he needs to go to napoli! I heard the negotiations are awaiting the final decision. I think it will be best for his career if he goes to napoli. For busi back up, they should sign bruno soriano from villareal, can play both DM and CM if needed! Very technical
Here is his video highlight vs atletico
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17u9zt_bruno-soriano-vs-atletico-de-madrid-10-11-13_sport

F

Flavia

So Barcelona is going to mess their formation completely just so we can bring in Falcao who isn't even needed. Puyol is already leaving so I don't think Barca is willing to sell Mascherano.

A CF is needed. False 9 doesn't work as it used to, and currently, Messi plays better with a cf in front of him.

hulinat

Pique, new guy and bartra will be the first in line! And how many games does a busi back up play. Masch is not the kind of player to play in small games or in case of injuries, and rotations. His spot in the starting elevn will no longer be there. I think he needs to go to napoli! I heard the negotiations are awaiting the final decision. I think it will be best for his career if he goes to napoli. For busi back up, they should sign bruno soriano from villareal, can play both DM and CM if needed! Very technical
Here is his video highlight vs atletico
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17u9zt_bruno-soriano-vs-atletico-de-madrid-10-11-13_sport

I don't understand. What's the point of signing a new CB if that means Mascherano has to leave (unless they sign someone really good like Thiago Silva or something). I'd rather keep Masch instead of someone like David Luiz.

Maria

A CF is needed. False 9 doesn't work as it used to, and currently, Messi plays better with a cf in front of him.

Yes, but they should have tried to bring Llorente or Lewandowski because there's no way that the club could afford someone like Falcao.

F

FCBblaug

Yes, but they should have tried to bring Llorente or Lewandowski because there's no way that the club could afford someone like Falcao.
Lewandowski would have been perfect, the guy is very very clinical
I don't understand. What's the point of signing a new CB if that means Mascherano has to leave (unless they sign someone really good like Thiago Silva or something). I'd rather keep Masch instead of someone like David Luiz.
So basically you wouldnt agree with the signing of a new CB. What if they get someone good enough like benatia, for instance, or any other excellent CB?
you cant hold on to players, they are people too, they want to be starters, and they want to have important roles in the team

SEPARATE POST
My wish for this transfer window
IN: ter stegen,De sciglio,benatia, balanta, bruno soriano, vidal, jackson martinez
PROMOTED: dennis suarez, samper, masip! Adama
RETURN: rafinha

OUT: valdes, puyol, mascherano, song, sanchez,
LOAN: montoya, sergi roberto, deulofeu

SQUAD:
1. Ter stegen 2. De sciglio 3. Pique 4.cesc 5. Bartra 6. Xavi 7. Pedro 8. Iniesta 9. J. Martinez 10. Messi 11. Neymar 12. Rafinha 13. Masip 14. Balanta 15. Bruno soriano 16. Sergio busquets 17. Benatia 18. Jordi alba 19. Dennis suarez 20. Vidal 21. Adriano 22. Alves 23. Vidal 24. Adama 25. Pinto
New Formation 4-1-3-2, requires 2 CB, 1 RB, 1 LB, I DM, 3 CM, and 2 FW players
GK: ter stegen, masip, pinto
RB: alves, de sciglio
CB: pique benatia bartra balanta
LB: alba adriano
DM: busquets, bruno soriano
CM: iniesta, cesc, xavi, rafinha
FW: messi, pedro, jackson martinez, neymar

My options differ greatly with many of yours but this is my optimal dream team for next season.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

1012928_10152294430965763_115855449_n.jpg

Please, let it br true. It says "They're following Benatia. Barça has the cb on sight"

KhaledBarca

Barcelona are following Roma centre back Mehdi Benatia (26). The Moroccan player joined the Italian club last summer on a 5-year deal. [md]

Finally, rumors about Benatia!

khaled_a_d

Barcelona's problem last 2 season was depth in squad... The whole point is to add more depth, not lose key players!

Alexis, Masche and Alves are key players its stupid to sell all of them knowing we're already not gonna have Valdes & Puyol anymore in our squad.

We need GK, CB, CM.

Ter stegan , Benatia/Luiz, Kross/Gundogan with Rafinha & Deulofeu back from loan.

Out: Oier, Song, Cuenca, Tello, Afellay, Bojan with Puyol and Valdes also leaving.

I would send Roberto and Suarez on Loan [Celta/Everton] train under Enrique or Martinez.

We need new faces too ,I am not against keeping those players but experience shouldn't be the reason preventing us from selling players
I won't mind selling them to get new players with their prices ,If we can get a 2nd young CB like Schär and a new DM like bruno soriano with price of Mascherano then I am all for it ,and so on .we might need to sell in order to buy new players
Also would prefer selling Roberto with buyback option like RM did with Carvajal ,so if he didn't succeed we don't have to deal with selling him again
lastly ,and I know I am a minority here but I would keep our youngsters as far as possible from Martinez . the whole earn your place and play from the bench until you get to new style of football approach isn't what we need our players to do in 1 season loan

Selling Alves is adding another problem. I would suggest to try Bartra at Rb but we all know that won't happen. We already need to buy 3 key players (GK CB CM)...

Who can replace Alves?

The problem is already there ,Alves isn't his former self and he is on decline and showing inconsistency .players like that usually keep declining fast and it isn't gonna look good next season at all .keeping him now is just postponing facing the problem or just pretending it isn't there
I am not against keeping him till the end of his contract but if a team comes with a good offer?I would say sell
As for whom to replace him ?I am a believer in Montoya and I would like him to be the starter .I don't know if there is a good replacement in the market due to the fact that I wasn't able to watch a lot of games outside Barca

KhaledBarca

declining Alves still one of the best in his position, you can see the difference when we play with Montoya instead of Alves. We shouldn't sell him until we find his replacement (or maybe Montoya improves and prove himself). What's a good offer, 20M? Don't think that's enough to buy a replacement for him with today's market.

We have to be realistic, we won't buy more than 3-4 players next summer including Ter Stegan (done deal).
We should focus on buying a World Class CB and a CM. If there's enough money maybe a CF.
But, CB & CM should be our priority.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The problem is that his contract runs down next year and he can then be free to negotiate with any team and sign a pre-contract in January and we will then lose him out for free. So either we renew him and keep him for a couple of years or we sell him this summer and try to find a replacement which will be the most difficult option I reckon.

As said by other posters here, there are not many quality RBs out there who could replace Dani. Guys like Danilo, Pisczeck, De Sciglio have been mentioned, but any of those three would not be easy to get and not to forget that it seem like our first options to replace him are Cuadrado(Who I have not seen much of, but other posters have said that he is much more of a winger than a FB/WB which seem quite right) and Zuñiga(Who I've watched and can for sure say that he is quite poor defensively).

F

Flavia

The problem is that his contract runs down next year and he can then be free to negotiate with any team and sign a pre-contract in January and we will then lose him out for free. So either we renew him and keep him for a couple of years or we sell him this summer and try to find a replacement which will be the most difficult option I reckon.

As said by other posters here, there are not many quality RBs out there who could replace Dani. Guys like Danilo, Pisczeck, De Sciglio have been mentioned, but any of those three would not be easy to get and not to forget that it seem like our first options to replace him are Cuadrado(Who I have not seen much of, but other posters have said that he is much more of a winger than a FB/WB which seem quite right) and Zuñiga(Who I've watched and can for sure say that he is quite poor defensively).

Alves has an option to renew till 2016. That option should be triggered, he stays one more season, then leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans