Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Vidal is very great midfielder and he will definitely add strength to midfield. But paying 50M is too much i think. I think 50M will also not bring him with rumored interest from many clubs. We could use that money to buy a top class defender which is the top most priority for barca. We know that barca has only 60M war chest to spend in summer. We have to make compromises in other categories if we want to buy vidal which does not sit well with me.

I will keep my bet on rafinha who is showing not only his dribbling skills but also his tackling skills in liga. He was feb player of the month. I have high hopes for him. Plus i expect busi to be back to his best soon then there would be no place for a another CDM in the world in barca. There is no one like busi. With Iniesta cesc in midfield and messi helping it is not much of a problem. If we have money like madrid or psg then buying vidal would not be a problem but that is not the case here.

Players we need are 1 GK, 1 experienced CB and 1 young CB and 1 RB and preferably a tall striker who is damn good at finishing like RVP. It would also be helpful if we buy a decent midfielder depending on iniesta performance in WC, rafinha and sergi roberto improvement. But that midfielder is definitely not vidal. If we have enough money i would prefer pogba the beast my fav player in juventus. But that would not be the case as PSG is preparing a 70M bid for him.

Players we should sell: song, cuenca, afellay, bojan, sergi roberto ( if we buy a midfielder), tello.

My opinion on who to be in transfer list of barca: Ter stegan, Thiago silva/Hummels/Vincent/Luiz ( every option is hard especially silva and vincent), have not really thought upon which young CB to buy, I would really like thiago back at the club which will solve all our midfield problems (but hard to see that happen) and RVP.

F

FCBblaug

Vidal is very great midfielder and he will definitely add strength to midfield. But paying 50M is too much i think. I think 50M will also not bring him with rumored interest from many clubs. We could use that money to buy a top class defender which is the top most priority for barca. We know that barca has only 60M war chest to spend in summer. We have to make compromises in other categories if we want to buy vidal which does not sit well with me.

I will keep my bet on rafinha who is showing not only his dribbling skills but also his tackling skills in liga. He was feb player of the month. I have high hopes for him. Plus i expect busi to be back to his best soon then there would be no place for a another CDM in the world in barca. There is no one like busi. With Iniesta cesc in midfield and messi helping it is not much of a problem. If we have money like madrid or psg then buying vidal would not be a problem but that is not the case here.

Players we need are 1 GK, 1 experienced CB and 1 young CB and 1 RB and preferably a tall striker who is damn good at finishing like RVP. It would also be helpful if we buy a decent midfielder depending on iniesta performance in WC, rafinha and sergi roberto improvement. But that midfielder is definitely not vidal. If we have enough money i would prefer pogba the beast my fav player in juventus. But that would not be the case as PSG is preparing a 70M bid for him.

Players we should sell: song, cuenca, afellay, bojan, sergi roberto ( if we buy a midfielder), tello.

My opinion on who to be in transfer list of barca: Ter stegan, Thiago silva/Hummels/Vincent/Luiz ( every option is hard especially silva and vincent), have not really thought upon which young CB to buy, I would really like thiago back at the club which will solve all our midfield problems (but hard to see that happen) and RVP.

Let me tell you a few things! Faus said they have 60 M but they will sell players too, we cant use 60 M to buy a defender, and a GK only, especially if that defender is david luiz!
Vidal is not a CDM, he is a CM, a box to box midfielder type. but can play most of the onfield positions because he has played CB, Fullback, CDM, CM and even as a forward, very versatile, very energetic, an excellent presser, averages 4.5 tackles a game, scored 12 goals so far, an excellent header of the ball
Can play in any formation.
Again i will repeat this because it annoyed me, VIDAL IS NOT A CDM!
By the way mascherano is leaving this summer as well! Like it or not, i have info. to back me up

By the way, the president said we had 50 M to spend last summer, but guess what, we spent 100 M on neymar.
60 M is the minimum they can spend, from the way i understood it

Icarium

Lifestealer
Let me tell you a few things! Faus said they have 60 M but they will sell players too, we cant use 60 M to buy a defender, and a GK only, especially if that defender is david luiz!
Vidal is not a CDM, he is a CM, a box to box midfielder type. but can play most of the onfield positions because he has played CB, Fullback, CDM, CM and even as a forward, very versatile, very energetic, an excellent presser, averages 4.5 tackles a game, scored 12 goals so far, an excellent header of the ball
Can play in any formation.
Again i will repeat this because it annoyed me, VIDAL IS NOT A CDM!
By the way mascherano is leaving this summer as well! Like it or not, i have info. to back me up

By the way, the president said we had 50 M to spend last summer, but guess what, we spent 100 M on neymar.
60 M is the minimum they can spend, from the way i understood it

I did not say vidal is just a CDM. We can not get enough money from selling unwanted players. All the money from selling can be used to buy a center forward which will help the team a lot. Let me remind you one more thing we will not get him for 50M, we have to bid 60+ to get him. If we need a good defense line we need to buy CB,RB,GK with that 60M. Anything less we will end up with average players. What would you like abundant midfield or a great defense line? Paying 60M for a midfielder is just not good business for a team which has iniesta cesc busi in the roster. We have to sell cesc if we want vidal. He will not stay here just to warm the bench even though he has equal chances being in starting lineup as vidal. If we can get more than 40M for him then we could try. I know cesc has a dip in his form right now but he has played a very good season with barca. He and alexis are the most consistent players of 2013 and early 2014.

Edit: If we really have more money than 60M, i would like barca to break the bank to buy thiago silva. He is the best center back in the world IMO.

Last edited:
F

FCBblaug

I did not say vidal is just a CDM. We can not get enough money from selling unwanted players. All the money from selling can be used to buy a center forward which will help the team a lot. Let me remind you one more thing we will not get him for 50M, we have to bid 60+ to get him. If we need a good defense line we need to buy CB,RB,GK with that 60M. Anything less we will end up with average players. What would you like abundant midfield or a great defense line? Paying 60M for a midfielder is just not good business for a team which has iniesta cesc busi in the roster. We have to sell cesc if we want vidal. He will not stay here just to warm the bench even though he has equal chances being in starting lineup as vidal. If we can get more than 40M for him then we could try. I know cesc has a dip in his form right now but he has played a very good season with barca. He and alexis are the most consistent players of 2013 and early 2014.

Edit: If we really have more money than 60M, i would like barca to break the bank to buy thiago silva. He is the best center back in the world IMO.
To have a great defense doesnt mean we have to buy 3 defenders, buy benatia who is cheaper and better than luiz, and balanta for 16 M his release clause and then you are set, to get a centre forward, you will have to release pedro/sanchez because you will otherwise be havi too many forwards.
Our midfield is in decline to the point that we need to play 4 midfielders to have the same effect as that of 3 midfielders
We dont need to play 3 wingers?
Xavi is on a decline and will soon retire

If we get vidal here are my suggested line ups and you will see how much space and starting roles there will be
http://sharemytactics.com/7914/
http://sharemytactics.com/7913/

Icarium

Lifestealer
To have a great defense doesnt mean we have to buy 3 defenders, buy benatia who is cheaper and better than luiz, and balanta for 16 M his release clause and then you are set, to get a centre forward, you will have to release pedro/sanchez because you will otherwise be havi too many forwards.
Our midfield is in decline to the point that we need to play 4 midfielders to have the same effect as that of 3 midfielders
We dont need to play 3 wingers?
Xavi is on a decline and will soon retire

If we get vidal here are my suggested line ups and you will see how much space and starting roles there will be
http://sharemytactics.com/7914/
http://sharemytactics.com/7913/

Buying vidal looks too good to be true. I would still not get my hopes high. How much do you think benatia would cost, i think he will cost at least 20M. Balanta, Benatia and ter stegan and de scigilio will cost us 60M nearly. There you have it 60M spent. If we can get 60M from selling unwanted players for 60M that would be a greatest transfer season barca will ever have.

F

FCBblaug

Buying vidal looks too good to be true. I would still not get my hopes high. How much do you think benatia would cost, i think he will cost at least 20M. Balanta, Benatia and ter stegan and de scigilio will cost us 60M nearly. There you have it 60M spent. If we can get 60M from selling unwanted players for 60M that would be a greatest transfer season barca will ever have.

Yeah
Here is my ideal transfer window
SOLD
Song 15 M
Masch 18 M
Tello 12 M
Alves 20 M
Dos santos, cuenca, afellay, bojan, keirrison and all other dead weight 15 M

Total earned from sales 80 M :tata1:
Total funds available 80 + 60M= 140 M

BOUGHT
Ter stegen 12 M
De sciglio 20 M
Benatia 25 M
Balanta 16 M
Bruno soriano 15 M
Vidal 50 M
A trainer to help neymar's finishing 1M
A gift to neymar's dad 1M
Total 140 M

Advantages
More height, more energy, more youthfulness, more quality

Disadvantages
Time may be needed for the players to gel together,
Can be done during preseason, tata is very good at integrating players
There will be many players too good to bench, tata's rotation policy comes to work!!! :pep:

I

instinct

Barcelona expect to get 35M from the transfers of right back Dani Alves (30) and midfielder Alex Song (26) this summer. [md]

M

Messi+Eto

Yeah
SOLD
Song 15 M
Masch 18 M
Tello 12 M
Alves 20 M

BOUGHT
Ter stegen 12 M
De sciglio 20 M
Benatia 25 M
Balanta 16 M
Bruno soriano 15 M
Vidal 50 M
Total 140 M

Advantages

Disadvantages
There will be many players too good to bench, tata's rotation policy comes to work!!! :pep:

Yeah
SOLD
Song 15 M
Masch 18 M
Tello 12 M
Alves 20 M

BOUGHT
Ter stegen 12 M
De sciglio 20 M
Benatia 25 M
Balanta 16 M
Bruno soriano 15 M
Vidal 50 M
Total 140 M

Advantages

Disadvantages

Absolutely ludicrous. You do realize Vidal is not the ideal CM for us right? All power, no creativity. And you actually want us to pay 50M for him? As for De Sciglio he is nothing like Alves, doesn't know jack about attack, not very slick in passing or comfy on the ball and won't fit into our game play. Cuadrado/Aurier Serge would be better buys for that position.
Benatia or Kompany (if possible) would be great buys.
Balanta shouldn't cost more than 10M

F

FCBblaug

Absolutely ludicrous. You do realize Vidal is not the ideal CM for us right? All power, no creativity. And you actually want us to pay 50M for him? Keep in mind the fact that we are trying to find a replacement for Xavi.
As for De Sciglio he is nothing like Alves, doesn't know jack about attack, not very slick in passing or comfy on the ball and won't fit into our game play. Cuadrado/Aurier Serge would be better buys for that position.
Benatia or Kompany (if possible) would be great buys.
Balanta shouldn't cost more than 10M
Unbelievable!
Where do i start?
Vidal has no creativity? I am not going to say anything here, if you actually watch juve you would know that your statement is not True. And if let's say he were not creative, how many creative players do you need in one team?, our midfield doesnt lack creativity, it lacks power, drive, pressing and physical stability and goalscoring threat and vidal is all that!
Replacement for xavi! You wouldnt need one, if you have vidal, cesc and iniesta and rafinha as your midfield options
De sciglio is a defensively minded RB, a starter for italian NT,
Cuadrado is a winger!
Aurier is too young. And i cant even believe you are comparing an upcoming de sciglio and declining dani alves, and then you should know that the current dani alves has nothing on de sciglio who is yet from peaking

M

Messi+Eto

Unbelievable!
Where do i start?
Vidal has no creativity? I am not going to say anything here, if you actually watch juve you would know that your statement is not True. And if let's say he were not creative, how many creative players do you need in one team?, our midfield doesnt lack creativity, it lacks power, drive, pressing and physical stability and goalscoring threat and vidal is all that!
Replacement for xavi! You wouldnt need one, if you have vidal, cesc and iniesta and rafinha as your midfield options
De sciglio is a defensively minded RB, a starter for italian NT,
Cuadrado is a winger!
Aurier is too young. And i cant even believe you are comparing an upcoming de sciglio and declining dani alves, and then you should know that the current dani alves has nothing on de sciglio who is yet from peaking

Vidal is a combatant who hardly dictates the flow or rhythm of the game. We need some one who keeps the ball, reads the game and give perfectly timed passes. All these qualities are not Vidal at all!
De sciglio is NOT a regular for the Italian NT. So far he only has 9 caps. I don't think he is good enough for us if you ask me. He isn't as intelligent as Alves and don't make enough runs forward to create chances. . . . Messi does require those runs from the RB.
On Cuadrado . . . See this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Guillermo_Cuadrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans