Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
Except not at all... :lol:

1 set piece goal conceded to City in two games, 0 to Atletico, 0 to Real, 0 to the "giants" of Osasuna...

Dude anybody can pick a handful of games where we were good to say we dont have a problem. Thats why youtube highlights are not always the real picture. If you seriously think we dont have a problem with set pieces then i dont know what to say except you are wrong.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...-barcelona-struggle-defend-set-pieces?cc=4716

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Anyone can pick a handful of careless marking errors and say we have a problem. That's what our issue has been with corners, not "oh our team has a bunch of midgets hur hur", I do agree that our marking needs work but we are nowhere near as bad at set pieces as everyone seems to think and buying Mandzukic so we have an easier time defending corners is one of the dumbest things I've heard in quite a while.

Cule4life

The Culest
Anyone can pick a handful of careless marking errors and say we have a problem. That's what our issue has been with corners, not "oh our team has a bunch of midgets hur hur", I do agree that our marking needs work but we are nowhere near as bad at set pieces as everyone seems to think and buying Mandzukic so we have an easier time defending corners is one of the dumbest things I've heard in quite a while.

Our problems are both marking and height. We concede the highest proportion of goals to set pieces. I still remember Dante outjumping Alves to assist Mueller in the first Bayern goal. And why do you twist my words? Where did i say we should buy Mandzukic only to defend set pieces. A striker is needed against buses and physical sides. Heck with a striker all those crosses of Alves might come to fruition.

Xavinho

Roma defender Medhi Benatia looks set to sign a renewal contract, ending speculations of him joining Barcelona.

It seems to be just speculation from Tuttomercatoweb as far as I could see. Given how well he's been playing this season, it wouldn't be a big surprise if Roma did try to tie him down with a longer contract and higher wages, but it remains to be seen whether he'd be willing to sign it.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
having mandzukic for buses isn't really a good idea. he would contribute fuck all to the play and we'd just lump crosses in for it to be headed away. we have had the mighty zlatan and it didn't work at all against inter.

if you want a number nine you need a mobile player that can finish and/or dribble in the mould of aguero or eto'o. (obviously we don't go for these specific players). he would keep the cb occupied becaue he can make runs in behind freeing space for messi. or if they are parking the bus he can finish in limited space in the box. mandzukic is too cumbersome for this.

Cule4life

The Culest
having mandzukic for buses isn't really a good idea. he would contribute fuck all to the play and we'd just lump crosses in for it to be headed away. we have had the mighty zlatan and it didn't work at all against inter.

if you want a number nine you need a mobile player that can finish and/or dribble in the mould of aguero or eto'o. (obviously we don't go for these specific players). he would keep the cb occupied becaue he can make runs in behind freeing space for messi. or if they are parking the bus he can finish in limited space in the box. mandzukic is too cumbersome for this.

Yeah we need a CF who doesn't necessarily have to be Mandzukic. I would like Mueller but he's not realistic

hulinat

We have Messi, Fabregas, Neymar and even Rafinha who can play as a CF, but sure, let's spend 40M on a forward when we are clearly in need of defenders.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
none of those guys are proper nines. and we won't spend that much he will be on the bench most of the time.

if bojan actually developed properly he'd have filled that role.

i'd have loved it if we kept david villa and actally play him up front occasionally instead of on the wing. but he wants playing time obvously and took up too much wages.

Cule4life

The Culest
We have Messi, Fabregas, Neymar and even Rafinha who can play as a CF, but sure, let's spend 40M on a forward when we are clearly in need of defenders.

Mandzukic will not cost 40m jeez. Don't just throw figures out there without using common sense

Mueller is not a real CF.

He has played there many times for Bayern this season and will continue to play next season too as Mandzukic will leave

Hamzah

High Definition Member
the gameplan will be a number nine with messi just behind or slightly to the right. left wing pedro or neymar.

remember messi will be in the middle 90% of the time this guy is a bench player.

Devils

^Exactly.

It amazes me that people think we can actually sign Mandzukic as a bench player, when the guy would easily walk into the starting line-up of teams like Chelsea or Juventus. No player of that stature would settle for the bench and it would be impossible to convince him to join on that condition.

If we do sign a #9, it would have to be someone like Pizarro at Bayern. Someone who would be willing to come off the bench and accept a secondary role at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans