Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

He is a DM. . . I made a post earlier pointing that out. In the National team he always played behind Valdivia who was the CM.

Valdivia is an AM. Vidal is a box to box, he doesn't play dm for Juve.

fcbdna

Banned
Wikipedia? No, I watched some games.

Ever heard of players adapting to new roles based on coaches demand? We need a natural CM not a DM converted to CM. He is a natural CM. Played that role for National team and Bayer. Prior to his arrival there weren't many technical players at Juve. . . . Only reason he plays that role.

F

Flavia

Ever heard of players adapting to new roles based on coaches demand? We need a natural CM not a DM converted to CM. He is a natural CM. Played that role for National team and Bayer. Prior to his arrival there weren't many technical players at Juve. . . . Only reason he plays that role.

I agreed with you he's not suited to replace Xavi. I was just pointing out he now is a box to box. Busi used to be an am, Iniesta and Xavi also played dm back in the day.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He's not a dm, but he's also not the best to replace Xavi. It'd take a change in playing style to accomodate him.

I agree. I don't really see how he would fit in the way we play atm - and also who he would play instead of. I mean we have Xavi (good for at least 1 more season, maybe 2), Cesc and Iniesta for 2 positions - getting Vidal, I just don't know. I still don't think Cesc is cut for the deep laying CM position, he would be wasted and far away from the attack where he does best. Iniesta would also be wasted in that position, he should play more AM link up with forwards more and cause havoc further up - with his smooth dribbling he destabilizes the defense like only Messi can. So? Where would Vidal play? And I can tell you all this, playing Vidal on our DM is a waste of his talent - our DM needs to be a little withdrawn and doesn't go up the pitch often. Vidal needs to do that.

So what do we need? If this was Xavi's last season I would go for Vidal. But since Xavi is staying for at least 1 more season I would try to get a talented younger player that would be OK with playing 30-40% of the time learning the trade and the system. Playing midfield in Barca is not easy, it took Cesc who was one of the best CM's in PL a long time before he started to get it right. I would take Rafinha back and don't bother getting another CM until 15/16 season (or maybe Rafinha will turn out great, than we don't need to). Selling Song and buying a backup DM suited to our style is much more important. Samper is far from ready, so a backup would not hinder his development yet. Or, we just play Masch there?

Selling Sanchez or Pedro as some suggest is imo a bad idea. Sanchez is getting better and better, even though he's sometimes very frustrating to watch when stumbles and misses some easy passes. Neymar will make that LW spot his. Halilovic will come through on RW, maybe even in the second half of next season he will be given some games (yes I have high hopes). So there is no sense in buying or selling any wingers next season.

Alba and Adriano are good for LB. Alves should stay at least 1 more season, maybe 2. Getting a backup is hard, Di Sciglio is my favorite, would he accept playing the minutes Montoya gets (he would probably get more minutes than Montoya, because imo he is far from good enough). Bartra, Pique, Masch + 1 new CB and I'm we have our defense sorted.

This would be my preference for next season:

Loan; Sergio Roberto, Cuenca (because who will buy him?)
Sell; Song, Tello, Bojan, Affelay, Montoya

Buy;
Ter Stegen
RB - De Sciglio
CB - Luiz or Benatia - yes, I'm one of few who think Luiz would be a good transfer.
DM - Jorginho (or just play Masch there)
Maybe a veteran #9 for those bus parking defenses when we need a last minute goal.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
In

Ter Stegen
Benatia
Doria/Balanta
Mandzukic
Gundogan(observe his recovery)/Kroos
Rafinha
Bruno Soriano(if Masch leaves)

Out
Tello, Affelay, Cuenca, Bojan, Song, Roberto(loan), Valdes, Puyol

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
In

Ter Stegen
Benatia
Doria/Balanta
Mandzukic
Gundogan(observe his recovery)
Rafinha
Bruno Soriano(if Masch leaves)

Out
Tello, Affelay, Cuenca, Bojan, Song, Roberto(loan),

:lol: and you have the cheek to go and laugh at everyone else's opinions and act like you know everything. of those the only ones i'd sign are benatia and rafinha (we already have ter stegen 99%).

doria/balanta are nowhere near good enough even as backup potential. i'd rather have bartra. madzukic is not suited to us. gundogan play for counter attacking dortmund and couldn't dictate the tempo for a club like barca even though he's a great player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kroos played in a fast tempo, more counter-attacking Bayern side and did very well. The same Kroos can now dictate the tempo of a game in a more possession based Bayern.

I do not see why Gundogan cannot do well in Barcelona. Now whether he will get rid of injury problems and whether we will get him or even go for him is another case.

Cule4life

The Culest
:lol: and you have the cheek to go and laugh at everyone else's opinions and act like you know everything. of those the only ones i'd sign are benatia and rafinha (we already have ter stegen 99%).

doria/balanta are nowhere near good enough even as backup potential. i'd rather have bartra. madzukic is not suited to us. gundogan play for counter attacking dortmund and couldn't dictate the tempo for a club like barca even though he's a great player.

Did i say Doria/Balanta are good enough right now? Let me tell you something about which you are in denial. In this oil money market we can no longer compete for the big names by paying big transfer fees. The best strategy would be to buy low risk high potential youngsters like Balanta/Doria now and develop them rather than see the Citys and PSGs buy them in the future and looking at them like sour grapes/impossible targets like we do with Marquinhos etc. these days. Even after we buy one of these we wil have 4 CBs who can compete with each other for spots. If Bartra is good enough he will win his spot.

Yeah and if you still dont see the need for a CF like Mandzukic who is needed against parked buses and physical sides like Bayern, Chelsea etc. i dont have anything to discuss with you. Not to mention his height will help at set pieces which are like penalties for the opposition these days

Kroos played in a fast tempo, more counter-attacking Bayern side and did very well. The same Kroos can now dictate the tempo of a game in a more possession based Bayern.

I do not see why Gundogan cannot do well in Barcelona. Now whether he will get rid of injury problems and whether we will get him or even go for him is another case.

Voila. Still cant understand the false pride of some cules that only a handful of Gods gift on earth players can play this "Godly" system of ours and the rest are useless and are not worthy of playing for us

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Not to mention his height will help at set pieces which are like penalties for the opposition these days

Except not at all... :lol:

1 set piece goal conceded to City in two games, 0 to Atletico, 0 to Real, 0 to the "giants" of Osasuna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans