Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he is shit but a poacher who can make runs behind. that's all we want from the bench player. ou can't have a world class player on the bench 90% of the time so you need to aim lower.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Chicharito is shit on a stick. He is a decent poacher in the EPL where balls bounce around the area like pin balls and he can score some of the most awkward goals you will ever see. (Seriously, he's scored goals with his knee, his thigh, balls hitting him in the leg and ricocheting to his chin and going in)

Dude will be like a lost puppy in a sea of monsters playing for Barca.

You seriously want to take playing time away from Pedro/Alexis/Neymar for this guy?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
nah not really. chicharito is rubbish, i was just thinking out loud. but you get what i'm trying to say. we should have that kind of player.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
My personal opinion, I'm not a fan of a plan B striker. The players who would be OK with that sort of reduced role are just not going to be good enough, or way past their prime. Maybe both. Just by playing that player you'd be reducing the quality of the team on the field. Also by playing a poacher or static striker like that, you've be taking away from the great mobility and interchangeability the forward line of Barcelona has boasted for a while. It isn't a smart idea.

If Alexis is to be sold, then it'll be for a true upgrade, an every day player that can play within the requirements of the team, but also bring that extra bit of difference. Either a true, direct scoring wing-forward like Muller or Reus, or a dynamic mobile CF like Aguero, or Suarez, or Cavani.

That's the move to be made, if there is to be one. Not a half assed second option that would end up taking more from the team than it would be adding.

Cule4life

The Culest
My personal opinion, I'm not a fan of a plan B striker. The players who would be OK with that sort of reduced role are just not going to be good enough, or way past their prime. Maybe both. Just by playing that player you'd be reducing the quality of the team on the field. Also by playing a poacher or static striker like that, you've be taking away from the great mobility and interchangeability the forward line of Barcelona has boasted for a while. It isn't a smart idea.

If Alexis is to be sold, then it'll be for a true upgrade, an every day player that can play within the requirements of the team, but also bring that extra bit of difference. Either a true, direct scoring wing-forward like Muller or Reus, or a dynamic mobile CF like Aguero, or Suarez, or Cavani.

That's the move to be made, if there is to be one. Not a half assed second option that would end up taking more from the team than it would be adding.

Exactly. That's what I want. A Mandzukic or a Jackson Martinez etc.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
what about turning pedro into a nine and moving messi to the right to open things up when its not working?

he has the attributes to play that role.

C

CatalanBlaugrana

Neymar----Suarez----Messi
-----Iniesta---Gundogan
---------Busquets
-Alba-Pique-Benatia-Alves

:please:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
what about turning pedro into a nine and moving messi to the right to open things up when its not working?

he has the attributes to play that role.

Out of all four of Barcelona wingers, Neymar, Tello, Pedro and Alexis, Pedrito is the one who plays the wing-forward role the best for this team. He plays it to a tee. He might not be as talented as Neymar, and it's maybe debatable if he is as talented as Alexis, but he fits that role like a glove.

To move him to CF is a waste IMO. He's never going to be a better CF than he is a winger.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
its only for exceptional circumstances like against a bus. it saves us buying a player for a rare situation too.

btw alexis played the exact role im taling about against madrid and scored. we won 3-1

hulinat

Pedro: Plays one great game and you all start praising him.
This sunday he'll be in the starting line up and he scores an own goal and gets a red card. Then you all want Barca to sell him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
its only for exceptional circumstances like against a bus. it saves us buying a player for a rare situation too.

btw alexis played the exact role im taling about against madrid and scored. we won 3-1

Alexis is not ideal in that spot either. He struggles in constrained spaces and has balance, first touch and finishing issues.

Neymar really messed up the situation. Last summer before he joined, Alexis still had hope of fulfilling the support forward role. Barca just need to go buy a scoring forward to replace the hole Villa left. Then, Alexis could have supported Messi and the other forward efficiently, not being required to be a scorer.
Instead, they bought Neymar and he instantly became the support forward extraordinaire. That screwed up Alexis.

If people don't believe me, watch the efficiency of different fronts. There's a reason Messi with Alexis and Neymar is not an efficient front 3. There's also a reason, any front 3 with Pedro is more efficient than without.

Pedro/Messi/Alexis - Messi is Messi, Alexis support role, Pedro direct scorer role. Efficient.
Neymar/Messi/Pedro - Messi is Messi, Neymar support role, Pedro direct scorer role. Efficient.
Pedro/Neymar/Alexis - Neymar is Messi, Alexis support role, Pedro direct scorer role. Efficient.

Neymar/Messi/Alexis - Messi is Messi, Neymar support role, Alexis??? direct scorer role? He is not that. He is a support forward. That means 2 support players. Not Efficient.

If the marquee players in the forward line from now on will be Neymar and Messi, the best complement for them is a direct scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans