Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Vidal (Juventus): "Of course I'd like to play with Alexis, he's a close friend, but he could also join Juve... Time will tell" [lun]

ebieymjunior

Seems like everyone forgot to mention this was supposedly the list in OCTOBER. Anyhow...

Getting Danilo won't be a good idea. Alba and Adriano (and later Grimaldo) play to offensively, and both flanks would want to go forward, leaving the defense very vulnerable, which we saw a few times this season, and arguably the whole of last season. One could stay back like they did in some big games this year, but that's not playing to their strengths.
Montoya/De Sciglio and Alba/Adriano(Grimaldo) should balance each other very well, as I think people seem to want Montoya to be another Alves, while he's not. Him and De Sciglio play best when they are required to stay back.

i_bleed_blaugrana

For the record:

-Best CB for Barca

Benatia>Luiz>Subotic>Balanta/Mangala>Hummels>Musacchio, don't know about Doria

-Best Fullbacks for Barca

Ricardo Rodriguez>Filipe Luis>Danilo

-Best CM/Xavi Replacement for Barca

Rafinha>Denis Suarez>Strootman>Gundogan

-Best #9 for Barca

RVP>Ibarbo>Martinez>Aguero

If we buy one player from 3-4 of these categories, we will be ready on all fronts.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
For the record:

-Best CB for Barca

Benatia>Luiz>Subotic>Balanta/Mangala>Hummels>Musacchio, don't know about Doria

-Best Fullbacks for Barca

Ricardo Rodriguez>Filipe Luis>Danilo

-Best CM/Xavi Replacement for Barca

Rafinha>Denis Suarez>Strootman>Gundogan

-Best #9 for Barca

RVP>Ibarbo>Martinez>Aguero

If we buy one player from 3-4 of these categories, we will be ready on all fronts.

You don't think Kroos is good enough for Barca and Luiz above Subotic,Mangala and Musacchio??

i_bleed_blaugrana

You don't think Kroos is good enough for Barca and Luiz above Subotic,Mangala and Musacchio??

Kroos is great but the key word is best for us. The point I was making at CM was I'd highly prefer if we used someone from our own ranks. Next to Valdes and Busi, Xavi's role is the most difficult role to fill and I'd prefer if we promoted Rafinha and Denis and at least give them a year or two before we look abroad. I'd like us to keep some remnants of tiki-taka alive in our game so we need a player who knows both our style and what we need specifically from that role.

I'm very skeptical of whether or not players like Gundogan or Kroos would do better than if we played say, Rafinha there. Our MF must be coherent and cohesive with our philosophy, and I think having Kroos/Gundogan could result in a bit of an identity crisis and would do more harm than good. Variety is great, but for a role as important as Xavi's, I think a homegrown talent would flourish more and most importantly, keep our style intact.

As far as Luiz goes, i know people will disagree, but I rate him higher than Subotic bc he's better on the ball (which is more important than people realize with our style) and higher than Balanta and Mangala due to CL experience. Mangala plays for Porto yes but he hasn't played in the games Luiz has, and especially in defense, that's a key advantage.

Benatia overall though is the strongest option.

jklz

But Rafa and Denis are far more attacking players than Kroos and Gündogan. They play more in Iniesta's position.

As far as Luiz goes, i know people will disagree, but I rate him higher than Subotic bc he's better on the ball (which is more important than people realize with our style)

We have Piqué for that. Puyol was never the best on the ball, but he was our most important defender through the years.

I'm very skeptical of whether or not players like Gundogan or Kroos would do better than if we played say, Rafinha there. .

Kroos is better, the problem with youth is that they need a few more years before they are world class (if they ever reach that level).
Kroos is already there, intelligent, good technique, comfortable in possession/passing and cheap because his contract will expire soon (15).
a midfield with busi, cesc, iniesta, kroos and sergi + Youth/xavi would be absolutely fine to win trophies.

not every canteraplayer is world class. Montoya eg will never be absolute world class but he can become a very valuable back up for Barca during the rest of his career,
you should be careful when you buy and sell, too much players/changes can be a problem when you have to adapt all these guys

Buy what you need which are 2 GK, a CB and a proper striker. a CM optionally imho,

Maria

But Rafa and Denis are far more attacking players than Kroos and Gündogan. They play more in Iniesta's position.

Not to mention that I trust that someone who was coached by Pep in the last 9 months is more familiar with our system than someone who has Eusebio as a coach.

We have Piqué for that. Puyol was never the best on the ball, but he was our most important defender through the years.

Or Abidal..but he has has improved a lot from 2007 to 2010.

barca1899

Barcelona have decided to sign two centre backs this summer, an experienced one and a younger one. There's a list of 10 candidates. [sport]

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans