Ter Stegen-12m
Benatia- 35m
Doria/balanta- 15m
Gundogan/Kroos- 25m
Mandzukic/Adrian Ramos-20m
Sciglio-20
Rafinha-free
Total-127m
Not necessarily these players btw. Any good player in their category can be pursued. Plus I have listed the fees keeping in mind the ineptness of our board in negotiating

Out
Puyol-free
Valdes-free
Song-20m
Alves-20m
Tello-10m
Dos Santos-3m
Bojan-0m(we know he will leave for free at end of his contract)
Affelay-5m
Cuenca-5m
Roberto-loan

Total-63m
Balance-127-63=64m our transfer budget. Can be done but will this inept board do it?I certainly won't be holding my breath

What will happen- Ter Stegen Rafinha and David luiz will come

Last edited:

Duke

Mandzukic and Kroos worth way higher than 20M and 25M respectively.

Mandzukic?

we don't need strikers, our team scoring the most out of all top European leagues above Liverpool, Madrid and City.

We Need a CB, GK, and replacement for Xavi. Any extra is for depth.

Djab

Mandzukic?

we don't need strikers, our team scoring the most out of all top European leagues above Liverpool, Madrid and City.

I'm not declaring we need a CF. I was saying that towards C4L. Everybody and their street's pedestrians know that Buyern will not sell their players cheaply.

However we need CF ( true #9 ) for technical variations.

And we need two defenders. Masch is on his way presumably.

Cule4life

The Culest
Mandzukic and Kroos worth way higher than 20M and 25M respectively.

Kroos has one year on his contract so does Gundogan. Mandzukic has 2. If Mandzukic costs more than 25m go for other options like Ramos. As I said good players in that mould will do

Cule4life

The Culest
Mandzukic?

Can't believe some cules are this naive. Just because we score 7 against osasuna they will forget our past failures and think we don't need a striker. Need i remind you of our age long struggles against parked buses and physical sides. And don't say a plan b striker because no good striker will agree to do that. Only shitty and past their prime players will do that. Look at Bayern-the difference between us and them is that they have options like a tall CF, pacy players and a world class bench

Duke

Can't believe some cules are this naive. Just because we score 7 against osasuna they will forget our past failures and think we don't need a striker. Need i remind you of our age long struggles against parked buses and physical sides. And don't say a plan b striker because no good striker will agree to do that. Only shitty and past their prime players will do that. Look at Bayern-the difference between us and them is that they have options like a tall CF, pacy players and a world class bench

Past failures has nothing to do with not having strikers! Remember we had Ibra and Villa and still got frustrated with teams that parked the bus. It's the way we play that teams got used to it, we keep passing the ball backward so other teams regroup and defends by numbers, no striker in the world will be able to score. We keep passing the ball to find a hole within the defense, sometimes it work specially since we have technically gifted players who can dribble past defenders and pass the ball. The whole idea of having Martino is to tweak our Tiki-taka that been studied by opponents by now. We have to evolve the way we play not buying players then bench them since they don't suit our system like we did with Ibra.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Past failures has nothing to do with not having strikers! Remember we had Ibra and Villa and still got frustrated with teams that parked the bus. It's the way we play that teams got used to it, we keep passing the ball backward so other teams regroup and defends by numbers, no striker in the world will be able to score. We keep passing the ball to find a hole within the defense, sometimes it work specially since we have technically gifted players who can dribble past defenders and pass the ball. The whole idea of having Martino is to tweak our Tiki-taka that been studied by opponents by now. We have to evolve the way we play not buying players then bench them since they don't suit our system like we did with Ibra.

You're wrong that Ibra did not fit the system. Ibra's problem wasn't the system, his problem was Ibra himself and his huge ego. Barcelona's system can most definitely work with a CF. He just needs to be a mobile target and not just a fixed entity in the opponents box.

You also are giving way too much credit to parked buses. It is true they frustrate Barca, but they do not shut down the team. Barcelona's overall decline and systematic switch from direct forwards to creative wingers has done far more to hinder the team vs parked buses, than the parked buses themselves.

raskolnikov

I would not mind an aging cf that can be used as a supersub, a tall defensive rb, second keeper, 2 cb's and perhaps a midfielder but with Rafinha coming back that would already be coved.

So we have:

keeper: Ter Steegen
Second keeper: Guaita/Reina
Rb: De Sciglio/Danilo
Cb 1: Benatia/Fazio/Subotic/Martinez
Cb 2: Balante/ Mussachio/Mangala
Supersub Striker: Cardozo/ Klose\

khaled_a_d

Who are they going to bench for Benatia? Boateng? Dante? We can guarantee Benatia a place in our starting line-up, I don't see how Bayern can do the same.

ًLahm now rotates in the RB and DM positions,which would allow Boateng to move to the RB/LB positions in the rotation with Lahm/Alaba beside being a back up CB ,Benatia is better than him for CB

ceefoo

If Alba is here to stay and be the LB of the future, it is not a bad idea to get a defensive right back to keep balance in the backline.
If we get a (relatively) tall RB; say 6ft - 6ft 1", we can use Alba as our attacking Full-Back, and have that balance of one attacking FB and one defensive minded FB, as we utilised to such success when we had Abi & Dani.

We can guarantee Benatia a place in our starting line-up, I don't see how Bayern can do the same.
Whichever CB(s) we sign this summer, he will know that he will be coming here as a Starting Regular. Every footballer in Europe must know how desperate our CB situation is by now.

Really??? So then...
GK: ter Stegen
CB 1: Benatia/Mangala - CB 2: Balanta/Juan Jesus
RB: De Sciglio
CM: Kroos
FW: Ibarbo or far fetched Suarez/Aguero + Sale of Alexis

That would be amazing! We can see how Rafinha/Sergi Roberto fare next season but if Kroos is available for the right price we should make a move. Cesc is a great player who provides some qualities of Xavi/Iniesta but he isn't like them and I don't see him being a Tempo Controlling-Distributing Playmaker.
Wow! That's some shopping list. We really don't need a marquee Striker. And we're not going to spend 50m+ on one when there's just no position for him in the team. Don't see Kroos leaving either. That's just him and his agent playing hardball to get a bumper contract. We have enough midfielders anyway.

I agree with the point you make on Cesc in that he is not the Tempo Controlling-Distributing Playmaker that X&I are, and I don't know if he ever will be. He stills needs to improve his ball retention and distribution if he is ever going to step into to X&I's shoes. I think he would probably best fit into the Barca line-up as a Deep-Lying Playmaker. He just doesn't have the pace or trickery to play as an attacker. His vision and ability to play the defensive splitting pass is amongst the best in the world. And he made some beautiful through-balls in the recent Clasico to set up the Strikers.

If our brilliant, trustworthy board pay 100M of the 120M available to MAtS' dad I won't be surprised a bit.
This shouldn't be funny, :( but it is. :lol:

Past failures has nothing to do with not having strikers! Remember we had Ibra and Villa and still got frustrated with teams that parked the bus. It's the way we play that teams got used to it, we keep passing the ball backward so other teams regroup and defends by numbers, no striker in the world will be able to score...
A tall Striker with an aerial threat at least gives us a different option if all else is failing. If we can't play through teams or around them, the next alternative is to go over them. But we have a team full of midgets, and one of the worst crossers of a ball in Dani Alves, so this isn't possible.

I am in favour of us signing a Striker in the mould of Klose, I said we should have signed him last summer. Someone in the mid-thirties that would be content to play a cameo role and come on for the last 20-30 minutes of matches if we still haven't broken the deadlock.

Der Kaiser

A Hertha BSC player is wanted by Barca fans... :wub:

Ramos isnt the most technically gifted player but works hard and is a good header, his finishing is average however. And he´s Dortmund bound. Wouldnt mind seeing him in a Barca shirt, he´d be a solid squad player, but dont expect miracles from him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i think you guys played too much FM. we don't need that many players. i think a cb, rb and cm is enough. (we already have a keeper).

the main problems are actually the mentality of the squad and he terrible board has created a bad atmosphere (neymar shit etc).

Cule4life

The Culest
i think you guys played too much FM. we don't need that many players. i think a cb, rb and cm is enough. (we already have a keeper).

the main problems are actually the mentality of the squad and he terrible board has created a bad atmosphere (neymar shit etc).

Do you know of something called depth in the squad? Look at Bayerns bench and ours. If Goetze is having a bad day they can call Mueller. If Xavi is having a bad day who do we call? Song? Roberto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans