Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Read what I said? I never said he plays 4 midfielders every game.

And you think that Tata has NOT changed the teams tactics. Are you sure about that? I don't remember Dani Alves firing aimless high crosses into the box over and over again to little or zero effect up until this season. Nor did we play a dozen plus long-balls from our own half of the pitch for our diminutive forwards to win. Since when did Barcelona play Fight-Ball? Or for that matter almost abandon the Tiki-Taka philosophy that made us a team to be feared. Think again?

I was using the term loosely, hence why I said "box-to-box duties". But anyway, that is pretty much what they have been expected to do in certain matches. We can agree to disagree on this!

You only have to look at Xavi's face in some of the losses & draws we've had this season to get an incite in to what he is thinking. So much so that Tata has been forced to give way (to a point) to player pressure and go back to the tried-and-trusted system or risk a players revolt.

Martino has definitely not changed the tactics or style of this team. He has added new aspects to the existing style, but Barcelona remain playing the same style they are accustomed to, but with a few more wrinkles and aces up their sleeves. He has done this precisely because the team is not as dominant as before.

Your last sentence is a lot of speculation and assumption on your part.

But anyway, we stand in disagreement. Let's leave it at that.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Apart from Adama and Lee theres really noone that looks good enough to take a spot in the A team. Maybe Halilovic now aswell. Eusebio is doing crapwork in LaMasia.

What? I agree with you that Eusebio must go asap, he really indeed does a crap job. But there are loads of youngsters with enough potential to make it to the first team and be of value for us. If I had to pick my favourites: Samper and Denis Suarez.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Apart from Adama and Lee theres really noone that looks good enough to take a spot in the A team. Maybe Halilovic now aswell. Eusebio is doing crapwork in LaMasia.

What? I agree with you that Eusebio must go asap, he really indeed does a crap job. But there are loads of youngsters with enough potential to make it to the first team and be of value for us. If I had to pick my favourites: Samper and Denis Suarez.

The thing with Denis is that he's going to first have to overcome Rafinha and then maintain better than Halilovic. Being sandwiched in between two arguably/probably better talents makes it difficult for him (not that it's easier for either of the other two, quite the contrary).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The thing with Denis is that he's going to first have to overcome Rafinha and then maintain better than Halilovic. Being sandwiched in between two arguably/probably better talents makes it difficult for him (not that it's easier for either of the other two, quite the contrary).

Halilovic will need to do really well in his first season in a new country and league to surpass Denis and that would be quite a difficult job, I would be very impressed if he manages it in his first season! Denis got a clear edge atm, but of course behind Rafinha in the pecking order. A loan for him is probably on the cards.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Halilovic will need to do really well in his first season in a new country and league to surpass Denis and that would be quite a difficult job, I would be very impressed if he manages it in his first season! Denis got a clear edge atm, but of course behind Rafinha in the pecking order. A loan for him is probably on the cards.

Yes but Halilovic has 2.5 years advantage on Denis. A kid that young doing as well as he has at in 1st division football (even if not in a great league) has some great talent. Segunda is a distinctive step down in difficulty for Alen AND he'll have much more playing time at Barca B. Nothing we can predict now but he has the potential/talent to clearly eclipse the other two. All of them have a probability for success, if Alen performs and grows to the best of his talent then I'd definitely say his is the highest due to his age and potential.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes but Halilovic has 2.5 years advantage on Denis. A kid that young doing as well as he has at in 1st division football (even if not in a great league) has some great talent. Segunda is a distinctive step down in difficulty for Alen AND he'll have much more playing time at Barca B. Nothing we can predict now but he has the potential/talent to clearly eclipse the other two. All of them have a probability for success, if Alen performs and grows to the best of his talent then I'd definitely say his is the highest due to his age and potential.

We'll see, hopefully he does. The more competitive it is, the better for us. Even though it might be a step below in difficulty, it will not make that much of a difference with the enviroment change he'll experience, not to forget the manager he'll be playing under unless something happens in summer.

DinhoR10

You know they're gonna shove Rafinha in the cm role right? All the comments barcastuff tweets always talk about his Defensive work and how he's good coming from a deeper role :lol:

SeloBarca

Their not bad, but they wont take away a spot from anyone. Adama might take a rotationspot on the right depending on Alexis/Pedro.
Lee seems to be the biggest talent but will fight for the AM spot with Halilovich i would say.

Sergi Samper might take a benchspot aswell, but dont think hell get that much playing time. Sergi Roberto also have to go in that case.

Ie i doubt hell get a spot, Bartra havent been given much chance.

jklz

Them not getting a chance is something different than 'no one looks good enough to take a spot in the A team.'

Alarcón

Samper is a lot more talented than Roberto. Can't imagine he's not gonna be a first teamer with decent playing time in 2 or 3 years.

Kohe321

Is it just me who thinks Roberto get a lot of unfair criticism? People say he's average, but I feel he has shown a lot of talent the minutes he has played, especially in 2014. He has some really nice drible moments with great touches getting him past several players, and his passing seems to be mostly on point (apart from a few nervy mistakes, like bad passbacks to Pinto).

I think Roberto would benefit greatly from a loan to Celta, with us getting Rafinha back from Loan. Perhaps Tello could go with him, though I'm less certain Tello will ever develop the touch and ballhandling skills needed to play as a winger for Barca. But hey, he hasn't really gotten that much playing time either, so who knows how much Tello could blossom in a team where he's starting almost every game for an entire season?

ceefoo

Is it just me who thinks Roberto get a lot of unfair criticism? People say he's average, but I feel he has shown a lot of talent the minutes he has played, especially in 2014. He has some really nice drible moments with great touches getting him past several players, and his passing seems to be mostly on point (apart from a few nervy mistakes, like bad passbacks to Pinto).

I think Roberto would benefit greatly from a loan to Celta, with us getting Rafinha back from Loan. Perhaps Tello could go with him, though I'm less certain Tello will ever develop the touch and ballhandling skills needed to play as a winger for Barca. But hey, he hasn't really gotten that much playing time either, so who knows how much Tello could blossom in a team where he's starting almost every game for an entire season?
This is a product of the modern society we live in unfortunately. Everybody wants everything yesterday.

He is a player with a lot of promise but whether he goes on to ever fulfil that promise at Barcelona or elsewhere depends on the amount of high-level game time he receives, good coaching and his desire to achieve over the next couple of years.

I read on hear people constantly compare him to Xavi and Iniesta. Do they not realise that these are two of the GREATEST Midfielders of all-time, it's unrealistic and unfair to make these kind of comparisons, with what is still a rookie.

This is a crucial stage of his career; much like Bartra, Tello, Rafinha, Montoya, Deulofeu etc. They need to be playing regular starting football of a good standard, or else their window of opportunity may pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans