Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

The height of the players is a problem and we can't change that for another few months at the earliest and knowing our board not even then, but if can get the positioning and discipline right then it will help us defend better than we do now. It is much easier to defend a corner than to attack one so we must use all the advantages we have which we don't do at the moment.

Our defence was so awful last year that we have huge room for improvement even without signing a new player and that is some comfort atleast.

I feel no confort in that, honestly. Messi is once in a lifetime player. So is Iniesta, Busquets, etc. I feel this golden generation is being wasted, with the lack of proper reinforcements.

raskolnikov

Its not that difficult, you sell:

-Alves 25 mil
-Pedro 40 mil
-Adriano 13 mil
-Valdes 14 mil
- Thiago 22 mil
- Let Pinto go for free or keep him as a third goalie
--------------------------------------------------------
114 mil in

You buy:

- Ter Steegen 12 mil
- Reina 3 mil
- Sagna 8 mil
- Mathieu 6 mil
- N'koulou 20 mil
- Papadopoulos 15 mil
- Denis Suarez 1.5 mil
- Neymar 57 mil
-------------------------------------
120.5 mil

Costs us 6.5 mil and we have a team that has height, strength, defence, defensive minded wing backs, quality midfield and attack.
Add in the pressing and you can compete for all the prices, no need to barely change anything in the upcoming years, can pay off the debt and evolve.
Hell, give me Zubi's job for 30k a year....

Staying the same with the same players, paying too much, not selling when the time is right, not evolving means we will end up like the legendary Milan and after the years of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busi etc. we will be left with a lot of debt, less potential and a lot of coulda,shoulda, woulda stories.

Zebulun

barcastuff :
Zubizarreta (sports director): "No centre back? We couldn't sign our first choice. Puyol is recovering well, and we also count on Bartra."

Bravo Zubi, bravo, you earned your paycheck this month with that presser

Papabeef

Its kind of what i imagined, renewed faith in our youth players to carry the backline...etc

Last season it would make sense to try that out, and THEY DID. Results were not good. I'm still going to be positive about the whole situation, we got Neygoat up front with this already superb attack and mid so thats great.

But apart from putting more pressure on Bartra's shoulders, the psychological result from this is negative. All teams now, have a taste of our blood, knowing that its not as solid as it used to or aught to be. That alone is a risk, imagine playing against the best Milan defense in their history as an attacker, you know you got a mountain to climb.. as the case here but reversed, we barely kept clean sheets last season, its no secret.

I know to many this bit might seem to not make any sense, but in my opinion these issues are important. On the other hand if we do keep some clean sheets and the defense shows the world that they are in fact capable its a great snowball effect from there.

Fingers crossed! (Till January)

Last edited:

Bertus

barcastuff :
Zubizarreta (sports director): "No centre back? We couldn't sign our first choice. Puyol is recovering well, and we also count on Bartra."

Bravo Zubi, bravo, you earned your paycheck this month with that presser
I was right on this when i said i bet it was mostly TS or no one. Now i Wonder if they really even tried to sign Luiz. Feels like they didn't do much at all.

As I see it, Rosell and Zubi still plan to push for TS transfer next winter and next summer. That's why they don't plan to search for a replacement.

They still didn't get the message, TS will not leave PSG anytime soon, neither next winter or next summer.

Quite sad really. It's as if Zubi can't accept a club rejected his offer. If it's really that, he should go see a psy, really.

In what universe will Pedro fetch 40 mil?

It was revealed by two sources (one in spain, another in France) that PSG offered Barcelona 40M euros for Pedro in late august.

Rosell and Zubi rejected it right away with a big smile!

Last edited:
P

PhilS

How are we not close to winning the Champions league? who is ahead of us? Bayern? No other team has shown me anything that would suggest they are better than Barca.

We have not gone backwards, that is nonsense and not many of the teams in Europe have improved that much. Bayern so far don't look as good as last year, Madrid have not played that well yet, Chelsea look better but they have a very weak forward line and an average midfield compared to ours. Dortmund look good but it will be hard for them to do as well as last year, Man Utd have done bad business this summer and will struggle without Ferguson i feel. Outside of those teams Know one else was close to our level last year and I don't see a big jump in quality from any of them.

Thiago did very little to contribute to our recent success, he was a bit part player and won't be missed. David Villa looks good because he is playing at a team that has space when going forward, If teams played us like they do Atletico we would win every game. Our team is so talented everyone else adapts a special strategy to play us which is to defend deep usually.

Our defence is not good but nor is Real's, Chelsea have a weak attack as I have mentioned and an average midfield, Uniteds midfield is worse than our defence. And Pedro is not a great player but nor is Torres who starts for Chelsea or Welbeck at United or Navas at City etc. What I'm trying to say is that every other team has issues and all would love to have our players even Bayern do not have the riches that we have.

If our players are fully fit in time for the latter stages of the Champions League then we can beat anyone, outside of the other 3 semi-finalists of last year there is no other club that has a squad as good as ours. We still need a couple of defenders but we can still have days when our defence is excellent and if Tata gets his tactics right then we can win the Champions League.

I don't understand why so many think we have no chance in Europe, it is as if we have a team made up of journeymen and not the little geniuses we have in our team.

That is all reasonable analysis. This year's Barca team should be even better than last year's, which could certainly lead to CL trophy. Only the so-called fans on this forum think Barca is not a huge threat in CL.

Neymar is a big step up. S. Roberto may be better for #4 offensive midfielder than Thiago, though less likely to ever become a huge star. Valdes, Cesc and Alexis look a lot better than last year, this is huge. No player looks worse, except maybe Montoya who is not needed yet. The CBs look just fine so far, though the current two deep CB depth chart is scary for a 60+ game season.

Most of the other big guns in Europe do not yet look as good as Barca. I think Dortmund and Juve look the best so far. Liverpool is clear best in PL but not in CL this year.

XaviMessiGirl

All are better than Adriano or Bartra at centre back!! Bonucci is better than any defender you have. Excluding a fit Puyol.

As much as I would like him at a team I actually support, Bonucci would get skewered by most cules after his first couple brainfarts.

mazp

I'm sure the club will bring a CB in Jan. He wont be a household name, but if they can bring someone in for depth and cover, I would be all for it. Might have to look at S.American market, if need be.

Bertus

It's true.

And actually, PSG fans were not against it. PSG has unlimited funds and Pedro would have been a decent signing.

But Rosell and Zubi didn't even look at what was offered.

It was just No.

I fear they were still all butthurt over TS.

Bad for them because no one will ever offer 40M for Pedro again.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's true.

And actually, PSG fans were not against it. PSG has unlimited funds and Pedro would have been a decent signing.

But Rosell and Zubi didn't even look at what was offered.

It was just No.

I fear they were still all butthurt over TS.

Bad for them because no one will ever offer 40M for Pedro again.

How could they be butthurt? That they didn't want to sell 1 of your 2 most important players? Pedro is a forward in the best team and managed to score 20 goals in all competitions in 2 seasons?! And he can't really dribble or assist. This 40M offer has to be fake, no matter what does 2 sources said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans