Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Learo

To be fair, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini aren't the easiest players to kick out of the team.

Maybe not, I have never been impressed with Caceres though. His ball control is not fit for a professional player imo. Juve dont seem to rate him that high either, as they have just bought yet another CB this summer in Ogbonna.

F

Flavia

120nyir.jpg

Md saying Balanta from river plate is the defender Tata wants on january, and Guzman the gk to replace VV. I don't know much about neither. Is anyone familiar with them?

Ritchie

LOL, yeah, buying Keirrison and Henrique for 23m euros was the worst transfer deal in football history. Pep didnt even want them. They were so bad they didnt get a single game while we paid their wages for years. At the end, both were released on free transfers. You couldnt make it up.

And lets not get started on the awesomeness of Caceres and Hleb for more than 30m euros or getting rid of Eto'o for a laughable fee and replacing him with 70m euro Ibra. This all happened under the awesomeness of Txiki and Laporta.

Barca have been terrible in the transfer market for years now. The club gets by on the world-class players produced at La Masia.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Md saying Balanta from river plate is the defender Tata wants on january, and Guzman the gk to replace VV. I don't know much about neither. Is anyone familiar with them?

Read up on Balanta and watched some clips after Tata was first hired and rumours of wanting the defender started to crop up. Still seems a risk, IMO. Strong, good left foot and has good composure for a defender. Truth is he reminds me a little of a stronger, more stout, Mascherano - had he started out as a defender instead of midfield. Seems to understand the 4-3-3 system well, plays that left sided CB role and has decent acceleration to close down although lacks actual pace. 1.81m so not really solving our height issue in the backline although he supposedly is good at heading the ball.

A technical player which would suit Barcelona obviously and has the strength & aggression you'd like from a central defender without being dirty. Probably would be in the neighborhood of €10-13 million but wouldn't come without a risk due to his relative lack of experience. Still, if you're going to gamble, better gamble with cheaper players than 30 million

L

Learo

Probably would be in the neighborhood of €10-13 million but wouldn't come without a risk due to his relative lack of experience. Still, if you're going to gamble, better gamble with cheaper players than 30 million

Yes, all players carry a big risk for us. Hleb and Ibra had lots of experience at the highest level, yet we sent 85m euros down the drain by getting those two flops, so I am in favor of buying cheaper players instead of players with a big price tag.

abual3bed1

Read up on Balanta and watched some clips after Tata was first hired and rumours of wanting the defender started to crop up. Still seems a risk, IMO. Strong, good left foot and has good composure for a defender. Truth is he reminds me a little of a stronger, more stout, Mascherano - had he started out as a defender instead of midfield. Seems to understand the 4-3-3 system well, plays that left sided CB role and has decent acceleration to close down although lacks actual pace. 1.81m so not really solving our height issue in the backline although he supposedly is good at heading the ball.

A technical player which would suit Barcelona obviously and has the strength & aggression you'd like from a central defender without being dirty. Probably would be in the neighborhood of €10-13 million but wouldn't come without a risk due to his relative lack of experience. Still, if you're going to gamble, better gamble with cheaper players than 30 million

For this amount of money, would you try this Blanta or Doria?? IF both are about the same price!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
For this amount of money, would you try this Blanta or Doria?? IF both are about the same price!

Doubt Doria will go cheaply, his hype has already been building with many European clubs sitting in wait...Problem, for me, with Doria is that the risk with him is more about how raw he is as a former futsal player rather than a defender...A player who is a superb athlete and still doesn't necessarily read the game like an elite defender...I read he has better potential than Marquinhos but I prefer the way he reads the game

Would make more sense with Balanta since Tata will know the player, obviously...Although at 1.88m, Doria ticks a lot of the right boxes on what you covet for a left sided central defender.

barca1899

Atletico goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois (21) is open to join Barcelona next year and is therefore rejecting Chelsea's renewal attempts. [marca]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans