Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

How could they be butthurt? That they didn't want to sell 1 of your 2 most important players? Pedro is a forward in the best team and managed to score 20 goals in all competitions in 2 seasons?! And he can't really dribble or assist. This 40M offer has to be fake, no matter what does 2 sources said.

I agree that its probably fake no way would they turn down 40mil for Pedro.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

P

PhilS

I'm sure the club will bring a CB in Jan. He wont be a household name, but if they can bring someone in for depth and cover, I would be all for it. Might have to look at S.American market, if need be.

Certainly, that would only be prudent. Except the club was also sure to bring in a CB in summer of 2013 and Jan of 2013.

AvocadoCake

Also asked about Courtois and Torres, but Atletico players Barcelona have first option on are right back Manquilla and midfielder Saul [md]

I wanted to ask this here: How the hell could we have asked about Courtois when he's not even an Atleti player? I'm assuming this is yet another fail from MD?

P

PhilS

Yeah look at Man City transfers. The root of the problem seems to be rosell

Man City sure did buy a lot of players, as always. But you might have noticed that they are not playing all that well this year? City never lets their players meld together as a result of years together with consistent coaching, they just try something new every season.

The purpose of the team is not to sell newspapers, not to set the market for high transfer prices, not to try to impress the sillier fans by buying new players all the time. RM got rid of a fine, loyal forward in Higuain, then bought a mega expensive player who plays the same position as CR7. They brought in a super young talent in Isco to run their team, then disposed of one of the world's best #10s in Ozil. These might be great moves, eventually, but I'm sure Barca is more confident now of winning La Liga this year than they were before RM tore up an excellent offense.

L

Learo

Txiki was awesome. There's a reason why he's at Man City.

LOL, yeah, buying Keirrison and Henrique for 23m euros was the worst transfer deal in football history. Pep didnt even want them. They were so bad they didnt get a single game while we paid their wages for years. At the end, both were released on free transfers. You couldnt make it up.

And lets not get started on the awesomeness of Caceres and Hleb for more than 30m euros or getting rid of Eto'o for a laughable fee and replacing him with 70m euro Ibra. This all happened under the awesomeness of Txiki and Laporta.

Last edited:

xaviniestas

Barcelona always had laughable transfers. The Eto'o - Zlatan transfer still makes me really mad. One of the few reasons why i did not like Laporta.

xaviniestas

LOL, yeah, buying Keirrison and Henrique for 23m euros was the worst transfer deal in football history. Pep didnt even want them. They were so bad they didnt get a single game while we paid their wages for years. At the end, both were released on free transfers. You couldnt make it up.

And lets not get started on the awesomeness of Caceres and Hleb for more than 30m euros or getting rid of Eto'o for a laughable fee and replacing him with 70m euro Ibra. This all happened under the awesomeness of Txiki and Laporta.

lmao hleb. i still dont know why we did buy him.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Dude I give you Keirrison, Henrique and Hleb too... But Caceres is one stud of a player. He was mismanaged here. Zlatan was mismanaged too, we never should have bought him in the first place.

L

Learo

Dude I give you Keirrison, Henrique and Hleb too... But Caceres is one stud of a player. He was mismanaged here. Zlatan was mismanaged too, we never should have bought him in the first place.

Well, the post was about the transfer performance under the awesomeness of Laporta and Txiki, not really about the abilities of the players. I dont see how Caceres is a "stud of a player" though. The guy has been starting less than a third of Juve's games at his time there. He has yet to feature this season as well, firmly placed on the bench. He's certainly not worth anywhere close to what we bought him for, mismanaged or not.

jklz

To be fair, Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini aren't the easiest players to kick out of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans