Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcanuck

I would only let Cesc leave IF Xavi says he will play 3 more years I'm tired of all of them playing at once. 2 creative mids at once is good enough.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I would only let Cesc leave IF Xavi says he will play 3 more years I'm tired of all of them playing at once. 2 creative mids at once is good enough.

Huh?
¨
Xavi himself is not able to play regulary anymore. He should be phased out in the next couple of seasons. I think he may call it a day after the 2016 Euro.

fcbdna

Banned
Besides, his role in the team is getting bigger every season, Xavi is getting older, and Manchester United has gone from EPL #1 club led by an icon manager to not even a title contender.

Why should we be concerned about what club he joins Man U's problems are Man U's problem.. . They are the team willing to pay big for our flop. He should be sold. Maybe we can buy Thiago back with that money. The last games of the season should be used as a yard stick to decide if he stays or goes.

Duke

People don't understand much politics here, it's not like the board doesn't want to let go Cesc, he has powerful allies in the team someone like Messi. If Messi dosn't like Cesc he will be gone long time ago. People underestimate Messi's influence, most of it positive but some of it negative too.

Ritchie

I wouldn't even mind Van Gaal coming in and kicking some arse for a year or two to lay the foundations for Martinez or someone under a new board. He'd get us playing properly and wouldn't care about egos.

The whole squad needs a huge overhaul. Wouldn't be bothered to see anyone bar Iniesta, Messi, Busquets and maybe Alba, Neymar and Pique be moved on in the summer. Especially Cesc, Alves, Mascherano (as a defender), Song, Tello and the likes of Cuenca, Bojan, Afellay and Dos Santos.

fcbdna

Banned
I wouldn't even mind Van Gaal coming in and kicking some arse for a year or two to lay the foundations for Martinez or someone under a new board. He'd get us playing properly and wouldn't care about egos.

The whole squad needs a huge overhaul. Wouldn't be bothered to see anyone bar Iniesta, Messi, Busquets and maybe Alba, Neymar and Pique be moved on in the summer. Especially Cesc, Alves, Mascherano (as a defender), Song, Tello and the likes of Cuenca, Bojan, Afellay and Dos Santos.

Van Gaal at Barcelona? Is this a joke?! Just in case you have forgotten this is a quote from his wikipedia page :

Barcelona (1997–2000)[edit]
He moved to Barcelona in 1997, taking over from Bobby Robson and helped the team win two league championships (1997–98, 1998–99) and the Copa del Rey once. Despite this success, he clashed with the media and came under criticism. Van Gaal expressed that it was difficult to implement his football philosophy at Barcelona due to cultural differences, and that he struggled hard as some players were unwilling to follow his lead.[4] His rows with Rivaldo are an example of this. Van Gaal insisted Rivaldo play as a left winger, whereas Rivaldo argued that he wanted to play in the centre, in effect undermining Van Gaal.[5]

Van Gaal eventually left the Catalan side on 20 May 2000,[4] days after losing the league title to Deportivo de La Coruña, uttering the immortal line: "Amigos de la prensa. Yo me voy. Felicidades." (Friends of the press. I am leaving. Congratulations.)[6] He returned to the Netherlands to manage the Dutch national team in preparation for the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

Ritchie

Van Gaal is good with kids but clashes with established stars. He is a poor man's Pep or even worse.

The players need a kick up the arse. We don't need anther puppet who the players won't respect. The next two years are a write off anyway with this board so it's bout laying foundations for 2016 and building a new team.

Galning

Van Gaal is as crazy as they get. He thinks he is the reincarnation of Louis XIV, the Sun King. I don't want him near our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans