Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khorne

How about :VdB:

VdB is a great coach, but i don't think barca would suit him so well. He's the perfect coach for a national team, because he can work unmolested for months at his own pace and he's great at not losing his calm and making the correct decisions during important games. But liga business with one, two games every week, constant scrutiny from everyone, the moronic press conferences and all the off pitch drama might be a bit too much for him.

Also, being one of the most decent persons in football nowadays, i really wouldn't want him to face scumbags like mourinho or idiotic fans who shout abuse at him for his madrid past.

ManusXavi

VdB is a great coach, but i don't think barca would suit him so well. He's the perfect coach for a national team, because he can work unmolested for months at his own pace and he's great at not losing his calm and making the correct decisions during important games. But liga business with one, two games every week, constant scrutiny from everyone, the moronic press conferences and all the off pitch drama might be a bit too much for him.

Also, being one of the most decent persons in football nowadays, i really wouldn't want him to face scumbags like mourinho or idiotic fans who shout abuse at him for his madrid past.

+1

F

Flavia

David Luiz rumors back with full strenght... Sigh :shakeshead:

And I have no faith in zubi... Luiz could really come.

Crixus

David Luiz rumors back with full strenght... Sigh :shakeshead:

And I have no faith in zubi... Luiz could really come.
I just said last night i haven't heard any rumors about D.luiz in a while
looks like zubi didn't wanna lets down and went for him :zubi:

JamDav1982

Luiz would suit Barcelona in my opinion.

Not if he is expected to be the CB that is a defender organiser type but if he is the one that is expected to break out of defence and win ball early he would be one of the best about for that. As longs as the team is set up to deal with any time he does that and doesnt win ball.

Crixus

I just saw this ( According to Bein sport middle east producer Chelsea agreed on selling David luiz to Barcelona for 35m )
#FKyouzubi
Plus this is the 3rd signing for barcelona

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So a guy who's a total undisciplined clown in defense, benched by Cahill and Terry, pretty much a Chelsea reject, is a good option to play in our high line alongside undisciplined Pique..... yayyyy

JamDav1982

I just saw this ( According to Bein sport middle east producer Chelsea agreed on selling David luiz to Barcelona for 35m )
#FKyouzubi
Plus this is the 3rd signing for barcelona

The way Bartomeu spoke a couple of days ago was as if there were deals done that were not yet announced. So may well be true.

ivan_barca

D.Luiz is my wet dream for our team. His style is just suit 100% our style! Fast,skill,power,energy,jumping..very,very hard to beat him 1 vs 1 ...

JamDav1982

So a guy who's a total undisciplined clown in defense, benched by Cahill and Terry, pretty much a Chelsea reject, is a good option to play in our high line alongside undisciplined Pique..... yayyyy

Pique this season has started to look more comfortable playing the more disciplined CB role.

Luiz is benched by Cahill and Terry as Mourniho likes defenders who take no risks and hold their positions. That isnt what Luiz would be getting asked to do at Barca I would imagine.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pique this season has started to look more comfortable playing the more disciplined CB role.

Luiz is benched by Cahill and Terry as Mourniho likes defenders who take no risks and hold their positions. That isnt what Luiz would be getting asked to do at Barca I would imagine.

The whole "sweeper+stopper" ideology only works if both CB's are capable of performing their duties in a disciplined manner.

Pique often gets caught ball-watching or not even putting pressure on his markers. Luiz will run around doing whatever he feels like, the Alves of CB's basically.

We don't need a risky CB. A defender who will regularly break the stability of our backline during attacks is not what we need. We need a guy who can position himself well to cut out any passing lanes, give less space to his marker, be athletic/tall in some way, and do well in 1v1's. Luiz only fits one of those categories.

With our defensive troubles we truly do need a CB who can defend. Especially with aging Xavi doing no defensive work, Alves still being absent in defense 4/5 times, and no sustained pressing system. Luiz is not the answer.

JamDav1982

The whole "sweeper+stopper" ideology only works if both CB's are capable of performing their duties in a disciplined manner.

Pique often gets caught ball-watching or not even putting pressure on his markers. Luiz will run around doing whatever he feels like, the Alves of CB's basically.

We don't need a risky CB. A defender who will regularly break the stability of our backline during attacks is not what we need. We need a guy who can position himself well to cut out any passing lanes, give less space to his marker, be athletic/tall in some way, and do well in 1v1's. Luiz only fits one of those categories.

With our defensive troubles we truly do need a CB who can defend. Especially with aging Xavi doing no defensive work, Alves still being absent in defense 4/5 times, and no sustained pressing system. Luiz is not the answer.

Of course a defender that does all that is needed and Pique has looked much more like that type of defender this season.

It does also rely on one of the fullbacks taking more care to cover in those situations.

We shall see in time but I think Luiz would be a good signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans