Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
Rather pay 50m for Laporte than 35m for Sideshow. If you are spending get quality.

Still the best option would be Benatia for 35m and Doria for 15m. One experienced CB who can be a starter and one hugely talented youngster who will be here for the long term.

Cule4life

The Culest
I'd rather the transfer ban be upheld rather than getting sideshow. Giving Bartra and Egdar Ie or even Sergi Gomez a chance would be better

JamDav1982

50m for Laporte???

He has proved nothing to be worth that for me.

After everyone raved about him last night I watched the game again and he was nothing special and constantly looked to be pulled out of position and was being pulled everywhere.

He is a good young player but to be speaking about spending 50m on him is insane.

I

instinct

50m for Laporte???

After everyone raved about him last night I watched the game again and he was nothing special and constantly looked to be pulled out of position and was being pulled everywhere.

He is a good young player but to be speaking about spending 50m on him is insane.

He took Messi almost completely out of the game, at least in many situations. He had a great game, don't know which one you watched.

fcbdna

Banned
We should be getting Benatia, but Luiz isn't that bad when told to behave like in the Brazilian NT.

Ter Stengen and Krul isn't that bad either. 6' 3" and 6' 4" respectively . . . I like!

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
50m for Laporte???

But to pay 35 mill. for a clumsy clown that isn't good enough for Chelsea is okay?

JamDav1982

He took Messi almost completely out of the game, at least in many situations. He had a great game, don't know which one you watched.

I watched the game and have watched it again.

He didnt take Messi out of the game any more than Granada or Betis defenders did, infact Messi could have had a hat trick quite easily.

There were lots and lots of chances that fell to Messi and created by Messi when Laporte was nowhere to be seen.

JamDav1982

But to pay 35 mill. for a clumsy clown that isn't good enough for Chelsea is okay?

He is not a Mourinho type defender but he would suit the way Barca play or the way Pep plays at Munich more than Cahill or Terry would.

Personally yes I would pay 35m for him ahead of paying 50m for Laporte.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Laporte has said that he doesn't intend to move in the next few seasons. He'd be worth the investment long term but it's way too difficult to take him since the price is so high, Zubi put Athletic off limits, and he himself doesn't want to move.

IMO someone like Doria holds the same potential but would be cheaper and much easier to bring. Of course he can't be our short term primary signing but if we are going to splurge this summer, we should bring 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans