Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Until a month or so ago I also thought Luiz would be worth the risk and that he could develop and bring something we need to Barca. But boy was I wrong after closely watching him a couple of games, he really sucks. People talking about the Confed and how good he was? Sh*t, he wasn't all that and he things he pulled of must have been some kind of 'one hit wonder' stuff. Luiz played DM against PSG away and he had sooooo many opportunities where his teammates were wide open, they even had time waving their hands for him to freaking pass the ball - but he just seems so slow in his head. Luiz on CB will be a disaster and playing him on DM will be a step down from Song - and trust me, I'm one of Songs biggest haters - love him as a person and fashion'ista :lol: but not as cover for DM - and he sure as hell can't play CM or CB either as he was supposed to. At least Masch could play a million times better on DM than Song and a trillion times better on CB.
Anyway, Luiz is clown. If we buy him I will facepalm so hard my unborn kids will feel the pain. He is as totally ****** clueless as they come. Just because he looks like Puyol means ***** all...

i_bleed_blaugrana

Honestly, you can make a case for Hummels being the wisest choice as our CB target. Particularly with MaTS coming into the squad as the only German, someone like Hummels with him in the locker room could do him a lot of good. He is going to have a difficult debut season, regardless of his performance, and having an ally to support him in the locker room can help him in the long run, particularly if the press and/or fans are on him.

Plus after watching his performance against Madrid, he has everything we need in a defender. While he isn't the fastest, he is an organizer and doesn't ball watch like Pique. Particularly with Dortmund's competitiveness in question with the exodus of players they have had recently, Klopp's long-term future up in the air and Bayern's Budesliga monopoly, we could probably convince him to jump this summer. Would probably cost roughly the same amount as Luiz, maybe 5-10 more which is more than worth it considering the caliber of play he brings.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Honestly, you can make a case for Hummels being the wisest choice as our CB target. Particularly with MaTS coming into the squad as the only German, someone like Hummels with him in the locker room could do him a lot of good. He is going to have a difficult debut season, regardless of his performance, and having an ally to support him in the locker room can help him in the long run, particularly if the press and/or fans are on him.

Plus after watching his performance against Madrid, he has everything we need in a defender. While he isn't the fastest, he is an organizer and doesn't ball watch like Pique. Particularly with Dortmund's competitiveness in question with the exodus of players they have had recently, Klopp's long-term future up in the air and Bayern's Budesliga monopoly, we could probably convince him to jump this summer. Would probably cost roughly the same amount as Luiz, maybe 5-10 more which is more than worth it considering the caliber of play he brings.

Hummels will, without a doubt in my mind, be cheaper than Luiz. Dortmund is a reasonable club and if both the club and the player are willing, Hummels could cost between 25-30M. I myself lean towards 25M plus 3-5M of variables.

Luiz, on the other hand, plays for Chelsea under Mourinho. His fee, specially to Barcelona, will not go below 35M, and I would not be shocked if it pushed 40M.

Like I said some posts ago, IMO Barcelona can get both Hummels and Musacchio for around the same amount they would spend to get Luiz, this assuming Musacchio's contract was not renewed like some as yet unconfirmed rumors suggest.

JamDav1982

If given the choice I would def take Hummels before Luiz.

Hummels would be the choice ahead of almost anyone else bar Thiago Silva.

Think Luiz could be a good fit but Hummels just oozes class.

Crixus

I hope we sign Hummels ,Do u guys know that he is a barca fan :barca scarf:
trung_ve_hummels_la_mot_fan_cuong_cua_barca_1.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barça's coaching staff liked Bilbao center back Aymeric Laporte (19) during Sunday's game. His buyout clause is 36M [md]

Kohe321

Hummels would be perfect, the way he has performed against Real Madrid has been awesome. I remember one particular superhero moment in the last quarter final game where he had a perfect last-ditch tackle on Benzema to break up a clear goalscoring chance.

I don't understand why on earth we wouldn't go for him? He is miles ahead of Luiz as a pure CB - and that's what we need, not one more "hybrid" defender who is a jack of all trades but master of none type of player.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Hummels would be great. The only thing about him is that he is injury prone. Especially one of his ankles is pretty fucked up.
But he still would be quite perfect as our new cb.

He is also a very intelligent and likeable guy who copes well with the media. Just seems like a cool dude.

Him and Thiago Silva are the only ones the board should spend much money for.

hummels_ap1.jpg

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
D.Luiz is my wet dream for our team. His style is just suit 100% our style! Fast,skill,power,energy,jumping..very,very hard to beat him 1 vs 1 ...

He's also as hard as nails and doesn't mind "taking " people out ....

He's about the only guy I've seen who physically bullies and batters Rooney when they are against each other.

SeloBarca

For once i agree. Infact ive said the very same thing before.

Hummels or Benatia. Theres not much other choice.

I think many players stays becouse of Klopp. If klopp would leave, getting players from Dortmund will be much eaiser.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
50m for a 19 yr old will destroy him the weight of expectations on his shoulders will be crushing. I don't think he has the mental strength to handle such a huge sign on fee.

He would be become the most expensive defender ever, Rio Ferdinand cost 46 euros in 2001. So yeah for this kind of money it would be expected from him not only to defend godlike but to score at least 10 goals a season :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans