Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Problem is the team is in a spot where they're going to need anywhere from 5-8 new players this season. They don't have unlimited resources so they must make the most of their money and they must get their priorities straight. Pepe Reina on salary alone is a huge resource sink. He'd have to come on a free transfer for it to be an efficient transfer.

A back up keeper is needed though and a priority.

It is an insurance policy a top club cannot do without in particular when a new young keeper will be getting tested.

Chainsaw

Killahead
If you still think Xavi is capable of being the everyday starting CM for this team, then get ready for more disappointment next year. The fact that Cesc has not been good enough to take his spot is a indictment on Cesc, not an endorsement of Xavi. Barcelona are in desperate need of an upgrade at CM.

It doesn't matter what I think. You either have Xavi as a starter here or nada. He started quite a considerable amount of matches this season and yet he said it's frustrating to see his playing time reduced. He's the captain of this club and it's not as easy as you say to just bench him for another new coming CM.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona got Neymar for less than other clubs were willing to pay and that includes all the added on fees.

They would get their money back on Neymar tomorrow if they wanted it.

If you sold Cesc, Alba, Song and Sanchez you would get very close if not more than you paid for them. All these players could have went to other clubs but their desire to play for Barca meant Barca paid LESS than other clubs were willing to.

Even Hallilovic recently has signed for Barca when reported that other clubs wanted to pay more, Ter Stegen also.

Compare that to the last couple of summers of the last regime where they must have wasted close to 100m in transfer fees on untested young players and over paying for established stars at the wrong age.

This is not a board v board debate but this board in terms of losing money in transfer deals has improved on the few years before them.

If anything this board maybe SHOULD have been willing to pay a bit more for players needed.

Doesn't mean they did not get enamored with the player and overspent for him. That others were allegedly willing to overspend even more for him does not erase the fact that Neymar was a luxury signing. Neymar's fee could have bankrolled 2-3 world class player additions to the squad.

JamDav1982

Doesn't mean they did not get enamored with the player and overspent for him. That others were allegedly willing to overspend even more for him does not erase the fact that Neymar was a luxury signing. Neymar's fee could have bankrolled 2-3 world class player additions to the squad.

For what Neymar is worth and what they could sell him for he was they did not over pay.

Whether the money could have been spent better elsewhere is another argument.

Crixus

Xavi: "Valverde linked to Barça? He's a coach who has a clear idea about how to attack. It's not to me to talk about rumours though."

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
For what Neymar is worth and what they could sell him for he was they did not over pay.

Whether the money could have been spent better elsewhere is another argument.

What Neymar is worth is meaningless right now JamDav. They did not buy Neymar in order to flip him for a profit. They bought him to strengthen the club, and on that, they grossly overspent.

jamrock

Barcelona got Neymar for less than other clubs were willing to pay and that includes all the added on fees.

They would get their money back on Neymar tomorrow if they wanted it.

If you sold Cesc, Alba, Song and Sanchez you would get very close if not more than you paid for them. All these players could have went to other clubs but their desire to play for Barca meant Barca paid LESS than other clubs were willing to.

Even Hallilovic recently has signed for Barca when reported that other clubs wanted to pay more, Ter Stegen also.

Compare that to the last couple of summers of the last regime where they must have wasted close to 100m in transfer fees on untested young players and over paying for established stars at the wrong age.

This is not a board v board debate but this board in terms of losing money in transfer deals has improved on the few years before them.

If anything this board maybe SHOULD have been willing to pay a bit more for players needed.

where are the FACTS to suggest this?
A total of ZERO clubs would pay 100m for neymar right now,
every single player you listen we would get less for that what he paid and that's ignoring that fact that this club has shown over the years they have no clue how to sell a player.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It doesn't matter what I think. You either have Xavi as a starter here or nada. He started quite a considerable amount of matches this season and yet he said it's frustrating to see his playing time reduced. He's the captain of this club and it's not as easy as you say to just bench him for another new coming CM.

Well if that's the case, it matters not who they get to backup GK because the team will continue to downward spiral.

JamDav1982

What Neymar is worth is meaningless right now JamDav. They did not buy Neymar in order to flip him for a profit. They bought him to strengthen the club, and on that, they grossly overspent.

They didnt buy Neymar for this season but for the next ten and he will prove more than worth in terms of his contribution to the club and the exposure he brings.

He will prove a good transfer and it actually makes sense to pay the money they have on him. It was not some wild transfer that they just threw money at.

The fact they could get their money back is relevant as it leaves wriggle room if things go wrong. Unlike what happened with Ibrahimovic.

DinhoR10

If they really wanted to strengthen the squad they would have bought Gotze or Reus for less than half the price and spent the rest on keeping Thiago and buying CBs and CFs.

JamDav1982

If they really wanted to strengthen the squad they would have bought Gotze or Reus for less than half the price and spent the rest on keeping Thiago and buying CBs and CFs.

As I said no one is arguing that the money could have been spent better elsewhere to improve the squad immediately.

What I am saying is that they are not over paying for individual players because they have fallen in love with them and paying way over the market value - which was the original point Sumlit made and made him fear they would pay 10m for Reina.

Are they choosing the wrong players - maybe. Are they paying over the market rate for players - no.

DinhoR10

As I said no one is arguing that the money could have been spent better elsewhere to improve the squad immediately.

What I am saying is that they are not over paying for individual players because they have fallen in love with them and paying way over the market value - which was the original point Sumlit made and made him fear they would pay 10m for Reina.

Are they choosing the wrong players - maybe. Are they paying over the market rate for players - no.

I wasn't arguing against your point Neymar from a marketing standpoint is very valuable especially with the world cup coming up so clubs would have paid alot more than we did for him but Sumlit said that they bought him to strengthen the squad which if true I find really incompetent.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

To which I told you that they did, in fact, grossly overspend for Neymar, regardless of the allegedly willingness of others to also overspend for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans