Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty much agree & Ozil may be as inconsistent as Cesc but he is more agile which makes him a much better dribbler.

they are 2 completely different players
I would never sell Cesc but I would also never play Iniesta as a left back which is almost the same as using Cesc as a false 9 imo.

i wouldn't even consider Ozil
use him in the center and he needs a double pivot so u are forced to change your midfield, put him on the wings and there we have Pedro, sanchez, Neymar, messi or even Deulofeu

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Chelsea defender David Luiz. (Metro)
I still pray for Hummels but our board will go for Luiz.... We will never buy both of them. Maybe if we want to play Luiz in CDM.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As I have said before, Luiz signing would be disastrous...the only positive one could take from such a move is that perhaps Barcelona would actually have a douche defender to employ the dark arts that our biggest rivals have gotten away with for the last few years....Of course, he's a shite defender and would hurt us (See what he did to his own teammates in 1 match!) far more than help us

Hamzah

High Definition Member
To everyone wanting Kroos, how is he better than Xavi? Tell me what he does that Xavi can't already do.

L

linetty

To everyone wanting Kroos, how is he better than Xavi? Tell me what he does that Xavi can't already do.
Kroos is 24 and Xavi 34. You might have forgot already but we're looking for Xavi's replacement and Cesc isnt a man for the job

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Fair enough he is younger but people are acting like he will solve the midfield. He doesn't try many through passes either and isn't any better than Xavi defensively. He is a straight swap not an improvement.

Also, Cesc has a completely different role in our team and is a different type of player. Not really comparable.

L

linetty

Fair enough he is younger but people are acting like he will solve the midfield. He doesn't try many through passes either and isn't any better than Xavi defensively. He is a straight swap not an improvement.

Also, Cesc has a completely different role in our team and is a different type of player. Not really comparable.
As far as I can remember Cesc was supposed to take Xavi's role after the latter retires & that will never happen because he completely doesnt suit there, unlike Kroos whose playing style is similar to Xavi's in my opinion

Hamzah

High Definition Member
As far as I can remember Cesc was supposed to take Xavi's role after the latter retires & that will never happen because he completely doesnt suit there, unlike Kroos whose playing style is similar to Xavi's in my opinion

Pep bought him because he brings different qualities to he others, he is more direct and scores a lot of goals for a midfielder, I think he bought him for rotation and for his 3-4-3. It was only us uninformed fans that thought he was brought to replace Xavi.

I'm not against selling Cesc but I'd rather keep him as he gives a different option. He's better than all other available players of his type out there. It's just that Tata and Tito have not used him in the right role and in the right situations. Unless you want to get rid of him and use Rafinha for that or get rid of that type of player from the squad completely

Paganinisrvnge

Right now, Kroos is without a doubt better than Xavi. Xavi is a legend but he's fallen from being without a doubt a top 3 player in the world to not even top 25. He can still contribute but I'd be furious if we have to rely on his 34 year old legs next season. Let's not be like Man U that neglected getting a midfielder for years. Van Persies signing and subsequent great season mostly injury free was the only reason Ferguson was able to get away with it for one more year. Now look at them.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'd buy Kroos because he's younger and fitter but Xavi is still a better player, only thing Kroos has on him is shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans