Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Hamzah, you're stretching your homerism with Xavi here. Xavi is but a shadow of his former self right now. There is absolutely no question Kroos is a better player at this point and his substitution for Xavi in this Barcelona squad would be immediately positively noticeable.

As for Cesc, yes Pep brought him because he had a plan to use him, but still Cesc has fallen short of expectations. The reality has fallen well short of the promise that was and is Cesc Fabregas.

desoe

Too bad we are going to ruin Kroos' awesome shooting ability, because you know - he probably would not be allowed to shoot the ball.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Fair enough he is younger but people are acting like he will solve the midfield. He doesn't try many through passes either and isn't any better than Xavi defensively. He is a straight swap not an improvement.

Also, Cesc has a completely different role in our team and is a different type of player. Not really comparable.

No one knows how best to use Cesc in this squad unless they go with a 3-4-3 which we don't have the defensive personnel for anyway...As it stands now, Fabregas' inclusion leaves us weaker in other areas fairly consistently...And considering the defenses we face, a midfielder for Barcelona will need to be box to box if they can't play between the lines of 2 banks of 4 - something Cesc has shown he is incapable of...Another reason why Mesut would fail as well, he's simply not a runner anymore than Fabregas is...Ilkay would've been perfect but we know his situation is untenable for the near future

That leaves players like Kroos or Vidal for a midfield the quality of Barcelona

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Maybe you are right. Though I still think we'd have the problem of no penetration with Kroos, he plays it very safe. We'd also be just as weak defensively in midfield with Toni as we are with Xavi. For everything else he'd be a great buy...

I wonder if he would join us. Also with Vidal, I think he's a great player but after thinking about t maybe he isn't right for us, he doesn't control the tempo of the game.

What are you guys plans for Cesc then? Replace him with a similar player or just get rid and not have that type of player in the squad?

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Barcelona already reached a deal on the transfer of a centre back. Everything indicates that the player is Dortmund's Mats Hummels (25) [as]

Any truth to it?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Maybe you are right. Though I still think we'd have the problem of no penetration with Kroos, he plays it very safe. We'd also be just as weak defensively in midfield with Toni as we are with Xavi. For everything else he'd be a great buy...

I wonder if he would join us. Also with Vidal, I think he's a great player but after thinking about t maybe he isn't right for us, he doesn't control the tempo of the game.

What are you guys plans for Cesc then? Replace him with a similar player or just get rid and not have that type of player in the squad?

The bigger problem than even Cesc (Which is significant, IMHO) is the lack of sporting leadership in terms of the board...Even if we decided to focus on Zubi, he merely carries out the board's directive and hardly pushing his own agenda...The targets, the recent transfers and the lack of incumbent coach who has the ears of the board means we're basically looking like RM & Perez' or Calderon's style of having no cohesive sporting vision for the club...We're rudderless atm, I think the board issue has to be settled first but considering the timing of things, the transfer agenda and WC, I fear for the worst

Buying players for a potentially new board/coach is fraught with disastrous consequences and the last thing I want to conceive of is Bartomeu et al deciding who the team needs at CB or CM...At least Zubi was the right man for keeper but from there it's anyone's guess what is going on...Throw in all the instability of this season and you have to be concerned about panic buys

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Oezil needs space to shine and I still think he suits a counter-based system than our possession-heavy system.

I would not swap Cesc for anyone.

F

Flavia

I hate you, Flavia!

Just as scary as the transfer ban is knowing Zubi is taking care of transfers, I mean, we are being linked with Ozil of all people...
Why do you hate me? :(

Barcelona already reached a deal on the transfer of a centre back. Everything indicates that the player is Dortmund's Mats Hummels (25) [as]

Any truth to it?

I hope so. Hummels>>>>>>>>>>...>>>>>>>>>Luiz.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona’s Alexis Sánchez has agreed to move to Juventus this summer. (Sky Italia) Welcome Marco Reus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans