Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

980399_FC_Barcelona.jpg

4-3-3, with Vidal, Hummels, Reus and MatS.

fcbdna

Banned
Cuadrado is a natural winger. I've not seen him play that often but I don't believe that he'd be an upgrade to Alves defensively. I'd rather go for a player whose strenghts lay in the defence...

Definitely not good enough as a RB, thats why Florentina plays him in that position often :troll:

ceefoo

This board is doing the same ,they're now in deep sh*t they need to fix their image so AN EARLY ELECTION WONT BE CALLED this summer , they'll spend money and i am sure of it.
I wouldn't trust this board to buy my lunch. :unwell2:

Zincubus

Banned
I can see Zubi selling seven players, but buying? Never ever. 4 if we are lucky.

What with a ban looming . He's not stupid , neither are the board .

They all know what's required . I can see us spending heavily and maybe keeping everyone ( sadly ) .

Kinda stockpiling players to cover the banned period .

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
_____________Ter Stegen

Aurier/cuadrado - Benatia/Hummels - Pique - Alba

_________Luiz____Busquets

_______Reus - Iniesta - Neymar

____________ Messi

:party1:

If you're gonna go with that drastic a change, then might as well get Vidal for the double pivot instead of Luiz.

serghei

If Messi can play in a 4-2-3-1 is in the 3 behind the powerful striker (preferably in the center), never as a striker himself. Much like Aguero plays for City, behind Dzeko, or like Gotze used to play for Dortmund, behind Lewandowski.

The only way we can switch to a 4-2-3-1 is if we bring Mario Mandzukic or at least Jackson Martinez.

hulinat

Sure. Buy Reus for 40M, play him out of position, bench 2 starters Pedro and Alexis, then make it clear to Adama and Deulofeu that they have absolutely no future at Barca. Great plan. Same thing with Vidal.

F

Flavia

Zubi's lineup:

980414_FC_Barcelona.jpg

I guess this could be our starting 11 next season, pending to see if alexis will really be sold. I hope with Hummels/Benatia instead of Luiz, but right now I think we'll end up with sideshow.

serghei

Zubi's lineup:

980414_FC_Barcelona.jpg

I guess this could be our starting 11 next season, pending to see if alexis will really be sold. I hope with Hummels/Benatia instead of Luiz, but right now I think we'll end up with sideshow.

We need a more physical CM. Other than that, Hummels instead of Luiz and I guess Cuadrado for Alves is pretty OK, though we could do with Alves just fine if we have a better CB on his side.

Xavi is past it and Rafinha is not quite there.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Considering the number of players the team is needing, it really opens the door for a style and formation change. If they were looking to do this, now would be a perfect time.

IMO there are 3 good options going forward:

Option 1 - The Offensive 4-3-3.

Stay with the formation and style you currently have and just revitalize players. Ideally for this, you need a more defensive RB, and upgrade at CM and preferably an upgrade at RW.

980411_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Essentially, upgrade the right side of the team.

Reus would be the ideal candidate for RW upgrade. CM and defensive RB are the harder gets.

Option 2 - The Defensive 4-2-3-1

Go with a double pivot to shore up the defense, and give more offensive freedom to the front 4. In this case, keeping Alves would not be such a problem because the defensive mid can cover for him and the team could use his offense.

980419_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Vidal would be prime candidate for CDM. Alexis could remain in the RW spot, still Reus would also be a choice.

Option 3 - The Hybrid. 4-3-2-1

This formation would be made basically to cater for Neymar and Messi. It would be built to increase their effectiveness and better their partnership.

980424_FC_Barcelona.jpg

For this to work, again a defensive RB needs to be bought, and a Right Wing Midfielder needs to be found that has high work rate, speed and good defensive capabilities on top of good offensive projection.

hulinat

So is Montoya ever going to be a starter for Barcelona? We gave him a 5 year contract so he could be the #1 RB in Barcelona after Alves is done. Just stick with that plan.

serghei

Considering the number of players the team is needing, it really opens the door for a style and formation change. If they were looking to do this, now would be a perfect time.

IMO there are 3 good options going forward:

Option 1 - The Offensive 4-3-3.

Stay with the formation and style you currently have and just revitalize players. Ideally for this, you need a more defensive RB, and upgrade at CM and preferably an upgrade at RW.

980411_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Essentially, upgrade the right side of the team.

Reus would be the ideal candidate for RW upgrade. CM and defensive RB are the harder gets.

Option 2 - The Defensive 4-2-3-1

Go with a double pivot to shore up the defense, and give more offensive freedom to the front 4. In this case, keeping Alves would not be such a problem because the defensive mid can cover for him and the team could use his offense.

980419_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Vidal would be prime candidate for CDM. Alexis could remain in the RW spot, still Reus would also be a choice.

Option 3 - The Hybrid. 4-3-2-1

This formation would be made basically to cater for Neymar and Messi. It would be built to increase their effectiveness and better their partnership.

980424_FC_Barcelona.jpg

For this to work, again a defensive RB needs to be bought, and a Right Wing Midfielder needs to be found that has high work rate, speed and good defensive capabilities on top of good offensive projection.

The first formation is the only one which makes perfect sense for me. And the one posted by Flavia, with someone else instead of Rafinha or Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans