Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well, yeah I agree, but is it more pressing than finding someone to offload Xavi? Perhaps you're right. I can't see us having the money needed to spend big on a world class forward, even with the sale of Alexis, in addition to all the other positions we need reinforcing. But perhaps we could make do in midfield by selling Song and moving Masch to midfield as a backup for Busquets, as well as returning Rafinha from Celta, and then have enough money to spend on a forward.

But that leads us to the same problem: if we sell Alexis but can't get Reus from Dortmund as we're already going for Hummels, who do we sign as a RW then? Deulofeu would be a huge downgrade from Alexis. Of course we could get Benatia instead of Hummels and perhaps get Reus from Dortmund instead, would this be realistic? I'd take Hummels over Benatia if it were just between these two, but perhaps this is the best solution?

Cuadrado to take over for Alves is interesting, I've seen a couple of matches and been impressed with his abilities going forward, but is he a step up from Alves defensively? We should aim to get someone like Abidal at right back to bring balance to the defence, as we already have Alba bolting down the left flanks for most of the time we have the ball.

You're right that finding a CM is more important. For me, the bare minimum 3 must have signings this season are starting GK, starting CB and starting CM. These are must, iron locked signings. However, I do feel upgrading the forward line is also a strong recommendation bordering on need. Though you are correct, it must not come at the expense or the reduced quality of the other 3 imperative signings.

You're also right that Alexis should only be sold if the adequate replacement is already locked. Selling Alexis without a confirmed upgrade is an exercise in futility.

Paganinisrvnge

I feel bad for Alexis as he seems to be a good guy and works very hard but he just didn't fit in. We saw flashes of his brilliance but they were overshadowed by his flaws such as inconsistent finishing. Having said that, I'd only be ok if we sold Alexis if it's 100% certain we get Reus.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Actually a strong rumor says that barcelona ended all their singings . and will announce them later on .

Of course we did Hallovic our new midfielder, Ter Stergen our new GK and Ie,Sergi Gomez and Bagnak our new defenders are all our signings

gatsu

I'll add that Subotic and Hummels are pretty similar, and it works perfectly for dortmund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans