Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

Why did we let Thiago leave :( we wouldn't have had midfield issues if he wouldn't have left. Huge mistake from the board.

Our saving grace here is that we have a "second chance" through Rafinha.

If we fuck that one up then we will probably deserve the suffering that will come as a result of it.

Xavi absolutely has to accept a secondary role next season, whoever the coach is, has to take initiative and make it happen.

hulinat

Our saving grace here is that we have a "second chance" through Rafinha.

If we fuck that one up then we will probably deserve the suffering that will come as a result of it.

Xavi absolutely has to accept a secondary role next season, whoever the coach is, has to take initiative and make it happen.

Xavi is still going to play all the tough games as long as he can. Promote Rafinha and let him play all the cup games and games against weaker league teams. Make sure he gets enough playing time and do not buy another midfielder this summer.

Devils

Xavi is still going to play all the tough games as long as he can. Promote Rafinha and let him play all the cup games and games against weaker league teams. Make sure he gets enough playing time and do not buy another midfielder this summer.

I agree with this for the most part.

Our main midfield should be Cesc/Iniesta/Busi with Xavi/Rafinha rotation and a new DM signing to rotate with Busi. That's plenty of depth in midfield.

Also apparently Suarez will be promoted due to a clause in his contract. I don't think he would get much playing time at all so it might be best to loan him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Rafinha's progress and future in this team, just like Thiago, will be impeded more by Cesc, than by Xavi or any other midfielder the team buys.

If the team is serious and thinks highly about Rafinha's skills and future in the team, then the best thing they can do is not forgo buying a much needed CM, but actually be bold and sell Cesc Fabregas right now.

mac10

I agree with this for the most part.

Our main midfield should be Cesc/Iniesta/Busi with Xavi/Rafinha rotation and a new DM signing to rotate with Busi. That's plenty of depth in midfield.

Also apparently Suarez will be promoted due to a clause in his contract. I don't think he would get much playing time at all so it might be best to loan him.

why buy a dm when we have masch?

hulinat

After Xavi is done and simply can not play on the required level, you could bring Thiago back depending on how good he is. In 2-4 years we could have players like Iniesta, Thiago, Rafinha, Busquets, Fabregas(?), maybe Oliver Torres and some others as our midfielders.

Last edited:

barcanuck

Rafinha's progress and future in this team, just like Thiago, will be impeded more by Cesc, than by Xavi or any other midfielder the team buys.

If the team is serious and thinks highly about Rafinha's skills and future in the team, then the best thing they can do is not forgo buying a much needed CM, but actually be bold and sell Cesc Fabregas right now.

Very true, Xavi and Cesc have already caused Thiago to leave. Rafi thiking the same thing of course. Only thing that may change that is that Rafinha can play LM, CM, RM, RW, LW so way more positions than Thiago.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
After Xavi is done and simply can not play on the required level, you could bring Thiago back depending on how good he is. In 2-4 years we could have players like Iniesta, Thiago, Rafinha, Busquets, Fabregas(?), maybe Oliver Torres and some others as our midfielders.

You're operating on a lot of future "ifs and maybes" and meanwhile gambling with the present.

Get Thiago back? HUGE maybe.
Buy Oliver? another maybe.
Rafinha lives up to potential? yet another maybe.

Meanwhile, the team continues to struggle with an aging Xavi and a very inconsistent Cesc.

Doesn't sound smart.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Definitely although a part of me remains concerned that Thiago's departure already set the wheels in motion for his brother to find the eventual exit as well...This is a key summer

hulinat

You're operating on a lot of future "ifs and maybes" and meanwhile gambling with the present.

Get Thiago back? HUGE maybe.
Buy Oliver? another maybe.
Rafinha lives up to potential? yet another maybe.

Meanwhile, the team continues to struggle with an aging Xavi and a very inconsistent Cesc.

Doesn't sound smart.

True. I'd still rather take the risk than buy Vidal's, Krooses etc. Imagine what Pep could do with that midfield. He could come back in 2016 and bring thiago with him.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Keep 4-3-3 and tiki Taka but do it properly, I'm not a fan of just copying the other big teams with 4-2-3-1.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
True. I'd still rather take the risk than buy Vidal's, Krooses etc. Imagine what Pep could do with that midfield. He could come back in 2016 and bring thiago with him.

It's not like whoever the team buys right now will lose value and waste away. They can always sell the players later if Pep comes back.

Meanwhile, the present is secured and the team is competitive NOW.

If the concern is stunting Rafinha's growth, then sell Cesc. With Iniesta, Rafinha and Suarez, Cesc is far more expendable than the huge gamble it would be not reinforcing the CM position.

mac10

His future is uncertain at the moment.

Also I would prefer to have someone with more 'steel' than Masch. Someone tall and strong would be ideal.[/QUOTE

yeah i know what you mean i was just thinking that other areas need improving first however would love to have yaya back but the chances are slim to none :(

JamDav1982

Definitely although a part of me remains concerned that Thiago's departure already set the wheels in motion for his brother to find the eventual exit as well...This is a key summer

Rafinha signed a new contract when he knew fine well his brother was leaving.

Sell Cesc and have Rafinha in now would be a mistake. Having an ageing Xavi and Rafinha as the options in midfield is too weak.

I dont get why people think Rafinha even comes close to resembling Xavi, he plays further forward and takes more risks. There seems to be this belief that Rafinha plays the Xavi role at Celta or in the b and youth teams - he barely ever has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans