Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulTaylor

I think Iniesta, Xavi, Segi Roberto and Rafinha would be enough for the 2 cm positions and if a crisis you could call Suarez up to the main team. Maybe a new back up DM though

JamDav1982

I think Iniesta, Xavi, Segi Roberto and Rafinha would be enough for the 2 cm positions and if a crisis you could call Suarez up to the main team. Maybe a new back up DM though

Cesc will still be a better CM than either Rafinha or Sergi Roberto by next season by a long way.

If Barca go with Xavi, Iniesta, Rafinha and Roberto the CM position has weakened a lot. The only one of the four that plays like Xavi... is Xavi and he is well past his best even now.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cesc will still be a better CM than either Rafinha or Sergi Roberto by next season by a long way.

If Barca go with Xavi, Iniesta, Rafinha and Roberto the CM position has weakened a lot. The only one of the four that plays like Xavi... is Xavi and he is well past his best even now.

Hence why the team should invest in a CM and then evaluate the AM position. Cesc as a CM is less than ideal and Rafinha is yet to prove how/if he can play that spot for this team, that leaves only Xavi. Meanwhile, the team will have Iniesta, Cesc, Rafinha and Suarez all to cover the AM and backup midfield spots.

fcbdna

Banned
I was thinking more on the lines of Abou Diaby.

Mikel Obi is a brilliant player in a terrible club. A much better player than Diaby tactically and technically a lot stronger too. Abou has biscuit bones is injury prone and never plays a lot of matches. Well a lot of people look down on Mikel, but i rate him high. I remember how he performed in the CONFED against Spain. . . Almost single-handedly bossed the midfield. I'd keep an eye out for him during the WC.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Hence why the team should invest in a CM and then evaluate the AM position. Cesc as a CM is less than ideal and Rafinha is yet to prove how/if he can play that spot for this team, that leaves only Xavi. Meanwhile, the team will have Iniesta, Cesc, Rafinha and Suarez all to cover the AM and backup midfield spots.

I think Cesc can play CM what he cannot do is play beside Iniesta and Xavi. All three of them together are a nightmare.

The away game at Granada was one of the best midfield performances the team have put in over the last few months even though they could not find the back of the net and that was a midfield two of Cesc and Iniesta.

Cesc has never really been given the chance to prove he can play CM on a regular basis.

pEllee

I was thinking more on the lines of Abou Diaby.

:lol:

Is this some kind of joke? What makes you think Diaby has "steel" and strength? Is it because he's tall and african? The guy is a skilled and relatively creative midfielder with an immense ability to drive forward with the ball. He's most certainly not a physical a holding midfielder.

Second of all, Diaby can barely even play a minute of football without getting injured. If you want a physical footballer then Diaby is the last one on the list...

The guy might eve have to retire because of all the injuries. He's been robbed of a brilliant career.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I think Cesc can play CM what he cannot do is play beside Iniesta and Xavi. All three of them together are a nightmare.

The away game at Granada was one of the best midfield performances the team have put in over the last few months even though they could not find the back of the net and that was a midfield two of Cesc and Iniesta.

Cesc has never really been given the chance to prove he can play CM on a regular basis.

There's a reason he hasn't been given that responsibility. Apart from the fact he lacks certain necessary qualities like awareness, control and composure under pressure, and mobility specially off the ball, he also is an incredibly inconsistent player. He is capable of giving you masterful performances, but also incredible duds.

CM for Barcelona needs to be a constant and consistent presence. Much of the team's play depends on the play of both the CM and the CDM. Cesc is not an ideal player to run the midfield for this team, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans