Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavinho

I've already seen reports that we can spend this years and next years budget in THIS summer's window .
That would be an incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible move. We don't yet know when, or even if, the transfer ban is going to come into play. What if we spend big now only to have the ban thrown out or tied up in appeals for years? I don't fully trust the present board to make the right choices this summer, let alone blow two seasons worth of transfer funds in one transfer window.

fcbdna

Banned
That would be an incredibly short-sighted and irresponsible move. We don't yet know when, or even if, the transfer ban is going to come into play. What if we spend big now only to have the ban thrown out or tied up in appeals for years? I don't fully trust the present board to make the right choices this summer, let alone blow two seasons worth of transfer funds in one transfer window.

Well at least we'd have depth.

Laurie

yeah and changing it would be plain idiotic, we're one of the top scoring teams in europe, if not the most scoring one. and as we've already seen no typical number nine works against a bus, crossing the ball doesn't help at all. so why do we need a number n9ne? we don't. maybe only against small teams that try to park a bus and when our luck is bad and we need changes. then maybe a bench warming number n9ne could come in handy. but a real cf, and change our attacking system? that's a no-no

Of course our attacking system needs to be changed! TikiTaka is old and boring, every team knows how to play against us. The more direct style that Tata used in the first half of the season was way more efective and better to watch. The game we are playing now is just nonsense - win the posession, wait until the opponent get's all 8-9 players in front of their goal and then start to pass around the area. It is SO predictable that I don't know should I laugh or cry.

That being sai, we do need fresh blood as well. I love Xavi, but the rumour has it he is the one who demands tikitaka and whatnot. His time is coming to an end and his role should get smaller and smaller on the pitch.

Reus would be great, but it would be stupidity at the same time. Paying that insane amount of money for Neymar was silly, but what's done is done (and he is a good player, just not 86M player). If we didn't buy him last season and had bought one CB instead - things would be oh so much better :D But as things are, we need 2 GK's, 2 CB's first. And then see what to do and who to buy more.

And as said above - Reus is much better with direct style of play, as is Alexis. If Barca played like they did in the first half of the season, Reus would be awesome. If things continue to be as they are, Reus would be kin dof a flop probably. Plus Neymar is here anyway ...

hamidyk

Of course our attacking system needs to be changed! TikiTaka is old and boring, every team knows how to play against us. The more direct style that Tata used in the first half of the season was way more efective and better to watch. The game we are playing now is just nonsense - win the posession, wait until the opponent get's all 8-9 players in front of their goal and then start to pass around the area. It is SO predictable that I don't know should I laugh or cry.

:facepalm:

Truthist

That being sai, we do need fresh blood as well. I love Xavi, but the rumour has it he is the one who demands tikitaka and whatnot. His time is coming to an end and his role should get smaller and smaller on the pitch.

Reus would be great, but it would be stupidity at the same time. Paying that insane amount of money for Neymar was silly, but what's done is done (and he is a good player, just not 86M player). If we didn't buy him last season and had bought one CB instead - things would be oh so much better :D But as things are, we need 2 GK's, 2 CB's first. And then see what to do and who to buy more.

And as said above - Reus is much better with direct style of play, as is Alexis. If Barca played like they did in the first half of the season, Reus would be awesome. If things continue to be as they are, Reus would be kin dof a flop probably. Plus Neymar is here anyway ...

I can't agree more, our style is no longer effective against the elite teams. For all the possession we hardly create a chance in open play.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Laurie

Don't get me wrong - I freakin' loved TikiTaka in it's prime, the most beautiful football style that I've seen (in my opinion anyway). But it is getting old now. Other teams know how to play against it, even the smaller teams can pretty much neutralize it, not to mention other top teams in Europe. Check Bayern in example. Pep has taken his style there as well and if you compaire Jupp's Bayern and Pep's Bayern then IMO it's obvious that Jupp's style was more dangerous. Pep's Bayern has very similar problems against the "bus parking" as Barca does.

I don't want to take anything away from TikiTaka, it's legendary. And I'm not saying that Barca should change the style completely ... but there must be SOME changes, not only buy/sell players, but in the style/tactics area as well.

And IMO people should let go of the posession obsession. Last year, when we won some games 4-1, 3-1 with Tata (don't remember against who at the moment) fans and even some players (Xavi) had problems because Barca had only 49 or 47% of posession. Altough Barca created a lot of chances and scored more than a couple of goals in a game.

But now yeah, we have a lot of posession, but what's the use when we hardly create any scoring opportunities from open play and let the opposition easily take in defensive positions. Most of Barcas attacks are so similar that I know every pass they are gonna make around the penalty area or midfield.

Just my 2 cents ...

Galning

Tiki taka isn't found out. We aren't even playing tiki taka anymore, and if we are... we're horrible at it compared at how good we were a few seasons ago. Every team struggles against a parked bus, just look at Atlético against Chelsea. Did they play tiki taka?

I don't think that tiki-taka's found out, I just think that we can't play it well under anyone but Pep. Or, at least, that few managers can make tiki-taka work effectively.

Before anyone brings up Bayern and their loss to Madrid, perhaps their players don't fit tiki-taka, but imo it's too soon to say.

Truthist

Our last season under Pep it was pretty obvious tiki-taka got sussed out. I would go as far to say teams like Real Madrid are built to play against tiki-taka.

Its time we take a different approach, be it Bayern or Barca it looks toothless and there's a good reason for that. You just can't pass around in the middle of the pitch letting the opposition get behind the ball before attacking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans