Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

If we sell Alves I wouldn't mind not buying a new RB and rotating between Bartra and Montoya. And Laporte and Bartra rotating in CB.

Jägermeister

David Luiz has become sort of boogieman on this forum, ironically Marca had a poll and they asked "Who you want to see as future Barca's CB" and David Luiz was in the first place and Hummels in the second. However I am telling you that Chelsea isn't even considering selling him because he fits perfectly for Mou's defensive machine.
I'd take many cb over Luiz. Hummels would be my first choise.

Paganinisrvnge

Defensive stats, comparison with some of the CBs we've been linked with. All credit to Lucas Resende(His twitter profile: https://twitter.com/lucasammr ) for this.

BmfD6fFIYAE6B_H.jpg:large

Very interesting. Mascherano with the highest tackles. Doesn't surprise me as his tackling is actually some of the best in the world. The problem is his height and his lack of positional awareness which really isn't his fault as this is something taught at a younger age. He'll always be a DM.

I want either Hummels or Benatia. Silva is too old now.

JamDav1982

That's way too low, might as well keep him then. Transfermarkt has Dani with a value of 18M (http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/dani-alves/profil/spieler_15951.html), I think 15-20M is very much within the realm of possibility.

We're also talking about PSG, they're not exactly strapped for cash.

They wont pay 20m for a 31 year old who will be out of contract in a years time.

Whether they are strapped for cash or not there is a limit to what they can spend especially as UEFA are already warning them about spending.

Transfermarket values are worth nothing.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
They wont pay 20m for a 31 year old who will be out of contract in a years time.

Whether they are strapped for cash or not there is a limit to what they can spend especially as UEFA are already warning them about spending.

Transfermarket values are worth nothing.

Transfermarket values are good barometers, they don't mean a lot in the context of supply and demand and what clubs are willing to overspend for players, but they offer a nice value ballpark.

The last year of contract is a good point, but 10M is still way too low. Dani Alves is much better right now than a 10M player.

JamDav1982

Transfermarket values are good barometers, they don't mean a lot in the context of supply and demand and what clubs are willing to overspend for players, but they offer a nice value ballpark.

The last year of contract is a good point, but 10M is still way too low. Dani Alves is much better right now than a 10M player.

Maybe, but it could be take 10-12m for a player on the decline or let him leave for free in a year.

PSG have not been spending big bucks on players over 30. The only player of that age they have paid any real money for is Ibra and they got him for 18m.

Dani Alves being a year older and out of contract in year will play in their favour and cant see them willing to pay anything close to the 18m they got Ibra for.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Speaking of RBs, last game vs Villareal their right back Mario Gaspar really caught my eye. He's got skills and looked very solid on defense. I'll have to keep an eye on him from now on.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Maybe, but it could be take 10-12m for a player on the decline or let him leave for free in a year.

PSG have not been spending big bucks on players over 30. The only player of that age they have paid any real money for is Ibra and they got him for 18m.

Dani Alves being a year older and out of contract in year will play in their favour and cant see them willing to pay anything close to the 18m they got Ibra for.

It's a good point, but it would be a crime to let go of Dani for just 10M.

serghei

20m is a fair price for Alves. Any cent lower and it's a bargain for any team that gets him. But knowing that Barca is prob. the worst big club at selling, we'll let him go for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans