Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

No, apart from one big signing(CB), we might get someone who won't be that expensive. If you are expecting two big signings under 'CB' category, you might as well give a thought about Zubi's misadventures with Barca.

If we get Laporte, someone like Hummels is a must. Laporte and Hummels would cost us like 65-70m. 2 CBs and a GK are the most important signings. We don't really need a RB and we don't really need a winger either. We might need a CM. So 1 GK, 2 CB's -- one of them WC (Laporte is not word class) --, and one CM. This is what we need. 120m for all 4 is perfectly doable.

L

linetty

Hey on your avatar thing it says "la masia no es toca." It should be "no se toca..."
Are you sure?

lamasia.jpg

hardyboy

Barcelona are once again following Liverpool center back Daniel Agger,Last season, Barça made an offer of 17M for him but the hiring of Tata Martino put a stop to signing a center back.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Barcelona are once again following Liverpool center back Daniel Agger,Last season, Barça made an offer of 17M for him but the hiring of Tata Martino put a stop to signing a center back.

Have mercy on us.

Are you surprised? Puyol was our CB signing

It does make sense actually. We won Liga last season and the game against Bayern was just very unfortunate - we were in the worst form and they happened to be in their best + 2 goals that should be disallowed etc. We had Pique + Masch as our starting CB's, Bartra as backup and Puyol was still being counted on - many CB's play well into their 30's, it was worth a chance. Tata didn't want to make too many changes, he probably wanted the same 'old' squad and not stir up to much. It could have worked and it did work until february, but we still beat RM twice and the match against Atletico was tough. Imo our defense has been alright, tbh it has been very good at times. But now we know Puyol can't and won't continue so we'll have to replace him, and we still don't know what will happen to Masch.

Andrew M

Yeah, I feel people (not just Barca fans) give our defenders a hard time, but they have looked exposed because sometimes we play a high line and the midfield don't press the ball.

People were raving about Bayern defenders last year, but, in a high line with a slacking midfield, they have looked mediocre without protection.

LMessi85

oh so now we're talking. see, you're getting me confused, first you want a 9 that's good in the air, because that kind of a tall striker would work against a bus, but now you're saying that a striker like benzema would also be good? i like benzema a lot, and i like his type of non-typical strikers, but when was the last time he scored a header or posed an aerial threat? where's your logic?

You're right. He's an other kind of striker than i mentioned earlier. I prefer a better heading striker, but you can't deny Benzema's qualities. He's a damn good striker, very clinical.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
You're right. He's an other kind of striker than i mentioned earlier. I prefer a better heading striker, but you can't deny Benzema's qualities. He's a damn good striker, very clinical.

What we need is a versatile striker thats actually critical and can preferrably play RW (I am sorry but Alexis and Pedro are no where near clinical and neither is Neymar for Barca). How many times have we seen a perfect ball to one of our forwards not Messi only for them to sky it or send it into the keepers hands or just take a bad touch. Alexis missing the tap in from the face of the goal when he struck the post was the epitome of his no clinical nature. We need someone who can convert 3/5 chances and not only score a wonder goal once a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans