Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomar1o

So much BS in one post. Ofcourse a tall strong striker is what you need when playing against parked buses (he can be plan B). Such a player can break the bus. Nowadays we cross to our small players. Doesn't make sense. Our new CB's must be tall and strong aswell. As i said before.. our weak spot is length. We are so small.
back to you.

having seen mandzukic, gomez, ibra, cavani and the rest of similar n9nes against the bus, i can safely assume that a tall forward is a tall pile of shit against a bus. our weak spot is heading ability, then height. pique is tall but puyol is MILES better at heading. busquets is tall but he's the WORST at headers. and we mainly need players who can head not because we lack goal scoring ability, but because we lack aerial defensive ability. barca's one of the top scorers, if not the top, having a substitute n9ne against stubborn teams might work, but against a bus it will NEVER work. because crossing doesn't work against a bus. plan b my ass. as if any tall striker has given any advantage to their teams playing against a bus. mandzukic was a ghost in both games.

Jägermeister

I agree we need someone taller at the back but the striker thing is garbage. We don't play crosses anyway. We just need the midfield to play better and be patient, waiting for openings, then actually be clinical when we get a chance (against a bus you only get two or three).
I beg to differ. At least atm. :tata:

LMessi85

If according to you his was "always dangerous" then I recommend re-watching it.

Not just in this match. Diego Costa or someone like Ibrahimovic (class apart) causes danger, always. Whether it is because of their own qualities or because they distract defences.

back to you.

having seen mandzukic, gomez, ibra, cavani and the rest of similar n9nes against the bus, i can safely assume that a tall forward is a tall pile of shit against a bus. our weak spot is heading ability, then height. pique is tall but puyol is MILES better at heading. busquets is tall but he's the WORST at headers. and we mainly need players who can head not because we lack goal scoring ability, but because we lack aerial defensive ability. barca's one of the top scorers, if not the top, having a substitute n9ne against stubborn teams might work, but against a bus it will NEVER work. because crossing doesn't work against a bus. plan b my ass. as if any tall striker has given any advantage to their teams playing against a bus. mandzukic was a ghost in both games.

Plan B my ass? That's the problem sometimes. I've read a lot of complains on this forum because we never have a plan B against parked buses. I agree with that. Like with Pep we would go 3-4-3 or he would change our tactics otherwise. Something that hasn;t been done anymore. We just repeat repeat repeat. As i said, against top teams, this s*cks. We are so predictable to these teams. There's a reason that teams play the bus against us. It actually works.

Oh and about the BS that a tall striker doesn't work. Maybe check some more matches of Ibra.

fcbdna

Banned
Mandzukic looked clueless against RM. . . If we are going to go for a 9 we should try steal Benz from RM if they get Suarez.

abual3bed1

The problem with Barca and buses that we keep doing the same thing over and over again in the match and still expecting a different results. Tall #9 might not be the best thing but we need to try different stuff during the game.

Ursegor

World Champion
The benefit of a striker for Barca is not the crossing, although some aerial ability can come in handy as well. It's the fact that a striker can open up the pitch for Messi. Right now Messi is sandwiched between 2 centerbacks and 2 DMs. Often enough he can pull a rabbit out of his hat regardless but it's not the system helping him anymore. It's his own individual class.

Messi has become a completely different player. Go watch 09/10 Bernabeu Clasico. Xavi was pulling the throughballs and Messi was staying and moving upfront to get at the end of the passes (1 Xavi assist to Messi and 2 more 1 on 1 chances which Casillas saved). Now Messi doesn't move anymore without ball at feet. He's playing like a classic 10 now. Wants to create himself and only move with ball at feet. A striker is a necessity, even if he primarily stays on the wing (like Villa). Neymar-Messi-Alexis/Pedro is not the right balance. They all want to create, scoring comes secondary (even for Messi, despite his high goal count).

LMessi85

The problem with Barca and buses that we keep doing the same thing over and over again in the match and still expecting a different results. Tall #9 might not be the best thing but we need to try different stuff during the game.

Exactly.

The benefit of a striker for Barca is not the crossing, although some aerial ability can come in handy as well. It's the fact that a striker can open up the pitch for Messi. Right now Messi is sandwiched between 2 centerbacks and 2 DMs. Often enough he can pull a rabbit out of his hat regardless but it's not the system helping him anymore. It's his own individual class.

Messi has become a completely different player. Go watch 09/10 Bernabeu Clasico. Xavi was pulling the throughballs and Messi was staying and moving upfront to get at the end of the passes (1 Xavi assist to Messi and 2 more 1 on 1 chances which Casillas saved). Now Messi doesn't move anymore without ball at feet. He's playing like a classic 10 now. Wants to create himself and only move with ball at feet. A striker is a necessity, even if he primarily stays on the wing (like Villa). Neymar-Messi-Alexis/Pedro is not the right balance. They all want to create, scoring comes secondary (even for Messi, despite his high goal count).

Yeah. What struck me the most was, that i saw Messi walking and watching Barca's attack without him.

hulinat

Seriously why do we need a tall striker? It's not like one tall player is going to score a hat trick of headers against teams that park the bus. Benzema lol..

fcbdna

Banned
Seriously why do we need a tall striker? It's not like one tall player is going to score a hat trick of headers against teams that park the bus. Benzema lol..

Yeah the same Benzema who scores goals against us all the freaking time. . .LOL! Bar Messi he is better than anyone in our attack goal sense wise.

LMessi85

Uh no who said that? And Benzema.. well he's done some good things for Real this year.......

Lomar1o

Plan B my ass? That's the problem sometimes. I've read a lot of complains on this forum because we never have a plan B against parked buses. I agree with that. Like with Pep we would go 3-4-3 or he would change our tactics otherwise. Something that hasn;t been done anymore. We just repeat repeat repeat. As i said, against top teams, this s*cks. We are so predictable to these teams. There's a reason that teams play the bus against us. It actually works.
my mistake, i meant that plan b with tall striker my ass. of course against a bus we need to play differently but having a tall striker as a plan b is shit
Oh and about the BS that a tall striker doesn't work. Maybe check some more matches of Ibra.
maybe check some matches with ibra against a bus? ibra was SHIT against inter as far as i remember. he was shit against chelsea too and then he got instantly injured.

hulinat

The same Benzema that was so bad in the first half of the season that RM was ready to sell him. He's so tall and consistent and clearly the best option for Barcelona.

fcbdna

Banned
The same Benzema that was so bad in the first half of the season that RM was ready to sell him. He's so tall and consistent and clearly the best option for Barcelona.

Still manages to score against us every freaking time. . . He is so shit!

2011-12

Top Scorers Team Goals (total) Penalties Free Kicks Headers Assists
AR Messi Barcelona 50 10 3 1 16
PT Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 46 12 2 7 12
CO Falcao, R Atletico Madrid 24 5 - 7 3
AR Higuaín Real Madrid 22 - - 2 7
FR Benzema Real Madrid 21 - - 2 7

2012-2013

Top Assist Players Team Assists Goals (total)
ES Iniesta Barcelona 16 3
DE Özil Real Madrid 13 9
AR Messi Barcelona 12 46
FR Benzema Real Madrid 11 11

2013-2014

Top Scorers Team Goals (total) Penalties Free Kicks Headers Assists
PT Cristiano Ronaldo Real Madrid 30 6 3 3 8
AR Messi Barcelona 27 6 2 1 10
ES Diego Costa Atletico Madrid 27 5 - 2 3
FR Benzema Real Madrid 17 - - 4 8
CL Sanchez, A Barcelona 17 - 1 1 10

Lomar1o

let's get this clear, benzema, villa, aguero, suarez, eto'o, costa and higuain for example, aren not orthodox strikers, they move around the whole field, unlike lewy, ibra, klose, mandzu, gomez and others. if we're talking about those unorthodox strikers, then i do want one in barca, because i've always missed eto'o. but i'd hate to see another ibra at barca. i would also hate to see someone like luca toni, or crouch, because they are the worst type of strikers.

so when we're talking about plan b-tall striker, what type of striker do we mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans